Stranraer v Rovers

33 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It's not as if you're there that often to let it constantly offend you is it?

I see it in the match reports. That’s plenty. It’s not even a nice shade of yellow.

I’m sure I’ll be attending at least one more away fixture before the season is out.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I see it in the match reports. That’s plenty. It’s not even a nice shade of yellow.

I’m sure I’ll be attending at least one more away fixture before the season is out.

Maybe attend the Clyde match, we’ll be wearing blue...of course, the stats say we’ll also be slightly less likely to win than in yellow.

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t see anything wrong with Stranraer’s disallowed goal from the corner?

What I see is an attacker backing over the goalie to force him away from the ball, while the one behind the goalie is also a bit on him. Easy to see why it was disallowed, from the ref’s POV. Similarity, the penalty was soft because the ball was clearly played,  but the defender gave the ref a decision by impeding the attack with close to a body block. I also se the ball rolling when the penalty always taken, so that should have been redone...

On the whole, both sides had opportunities in a game that was more of a lottery than a test of skill, it appears. Fair play to Stranraer for the moxie they showed in the second half.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Maybe attend the Clyde match, we’ll be wearing blue...of course, the stats say we’ll also be slightly less likely to win than in yellow.

We don’t play in yellow at home and our home record is better than our away record. I’d question your stats.

41 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Just watched the highlights and would be gutted if we had a goal ruled out like the Stranraer's one was.

Don't think it was a penalty either so evened itself out in the end I suppose.

Yes fair enough result for both teams in the end in terrible conditions

I wonder if the raith fans will get the same treatment as us big bad bairns fans for complaining about the pitch. It’s shite and it makes the game almost a total lottery. Fact 

Having been a Stair Park virgin up till yesterday what an utter dump of a stadium with a horrendous playing surface and farcical high winds I’ll no be hurrying back there as the game was a lottery in such conditions and we would have pure pumped them at Starks park as the table doesn’t lie

Just now, Hottoddy22 said:

Having been a Stair Park virgin up till yesterday what an utter dump of a stadium with a horrendous playing surface and farcical high winds I’ll no be hurrying back there as the game was a lottery in such conditions and we would have pure pumped them at Starks park as the table doesn’t lie

Always one asshole

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Yes, that’s the way I did it.

Right, well I can't really agree to that because the points given up by just pipping the second place team would go somewhere...however, I can go with beating the second place team by at least half the diffence between first and second...

Recalculating that, we get 12 wins out of 20, or 60%.

I guess the true end result is that this league will come down to the wire this year. It's one of those seasosn where the teams are much more evenly matched than often happens, and is likely going to be a nail-biter.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We don’t play in yellow at home and our home record is better than our away record. I’d question your stats.

Look at my numbers...on the road we get more points per game in yellow than blue. Number don't lie.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t see anything wrong with Stranraer’s disallowed goal from the corner?

It was the usual scenario of the goalkeeper being over protected. 

Although I also thought that the penalty was a bit soft as well.