Stranraer v Rovers

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

This was always going to be close and, for any Rovers fans suggesting it would be a stroll in the park is delusion.

No way were Stranraer going to roll over for us, or Falkirk for that matter.

SFC are fighting for their place in League 1, credit where credit is due, in spite of the weather.

Dont think any Rovers fan was suggesting it would be a stroll in the park but when your playing against a team who are trailing you by 31 points,only  won 2 games at home funnily enough 1 against us why is it delusional to expect us to do better than scrape a draw?

Dont get this SFC are fighting for their place in league 1 makes any difference.We,re fighting go try and win the league

When the going gets tough,the tough get going

Where I believe McLean was influential (I wasn't at Airdrie) last week winning headers and flick-ons he wasn't this week. To be fair he was well marshalled by the huge Stranraer centre back who didn't let him win anything in the air all day, Baird had a fairly solid game.  Ziggy was in and out of things, neither hot nor cold.
Thought Hendry was well off it, his passing was woeful and he was caught in possession a time or two.  Tait was solid and Matthews was on decent form Perhaps resting Hendry and playing Brad from the start will revive his form.
Davo was solid and Bene did nothing wrong but Miller was poor and McDonald wasn't on top form either.

Having been at the game too, this is a very fair assessment although I’d say that MacLean, for me, made some really nice wee touches in the box that could have led to something had we been more clinical. You can still tell Hendry is a class act but he was off it today. We might be seeing the return of the ‘old’ Armstrong too, he looked lively. Dingwall was a bizarre sub really - he’s not an impact player.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Careful, Zen...you know how it went for Boromir!

OK, so, Yellow versus Blues. First, we've worn Blue for all home, plus five road games (East Fife twice, Airdrie and Forfar once, and Clyde).

Records:

Wearing Blue: 9-5-2, or a winning percentage of .56, or 2 points a game.

Wearing Blue, at home only: 7-3-1, or a winning percentage of .64, or 2.2 points a game

Wearing Yellow: 4-2-2, or a winning percentage of .5, or 1.75 points a game

On the road in Blue: 2-2-1, or a winning percentage of .4, or 1.6 points a game.

On the road any colour: 6-4-3, or a winning percentage of .46, or 1.7 points a game

Honestly, the Yellow or Blue on the road is pretty close, but we're slightly better on the road in Yellow...the debate should be is 1.7 points a game, on average, on the road, and 2.2 points a game at home, on average, enough?

(18 x 2.2)+(18x1.7)=70.2 points...70 wins the league seven times in the last 20 years, 35% of the time.

Careful, Zen...you know how it went for Boromir!
OK, so, Yellow versus Blues. First, we've worn Blue for all home, plus five road games (East Fife twice, Airdrie and Forfar once, and Clyde).
Records:
Wearing Blue: 9-5-2, or a winning percentage of .56, or 2 points a game.
Wearing Blue, at home only: 7-3-1, or a winning percentage of .64, or 2.2 points a game
Wearing Yellow: 4-2-2, or a winning percentage of .5, or 1.75 points a game
On the road in Blue: 2-2-1, or a winning percentage of .4, or 1.6 points a game.
On the road any colour: 6-4-3, or a winning percentage of .46, or 1.7 points a game

Honestly, the Yellow or Blue on the road is pretty close, but we're slightly better on the road in Yellow...the debate should be is 1.7 points a game, on average, on the road, and 2.2 points a game at home, on average, enough?
(18 x 2.2)+(18x1.7)=70.2 points...70 wins the league seven times in the last 20 years, 35% of the time.

Your new name is StattoTX

the debate should be is 1.7 points a game, on average, on the road, and 2.2 points a game at home, on average, enough?

Actually I’m going to dare to disagree with Statto on this.
70 points wins the league 17 years out of the last 20, and ties for the win once.

Only twice would a team finishing on 70 points not win the league (or tie for first) in the last 20 years.
Those two times were when we beat Ayr to the title in 07/08 and they finished second on 74 points and when Ayr beat us in 17/18 and we finished second on 75.

No need to panic yet. We lost from a better position in August. 
I haven't seen anything to suggest we aren't the best side in this league, and a hard fought draw in dreadful conditions against a team on reasonable form won't change that. 
Flip side is that Falkirk changed their manager and have had a bounce and are still behind us. The very worst we will be going into the Clyde game is top by a point, as we were before the Airdrie game. I would have taken that going down to Airdrie last week. 
I would have loved to win, but we could very easily have lost that today.  And we won't face conditions like that again this season. 

Delighted that Thomson is back in goals for you. He is hopeless and probably between him and Muirhead cost us promotion to the Premiership under Houston. Chronic he is chronic

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Delighted that Thomson is back in goals for you. He is hopeless and probably between him and Muirhead cost us promotion to the Premiership under Houston. Chronic he is chronic

He's the best of a bad bunch for us. You should be more delighted if Munro comes back in. 

Declan Mcmanus is a prime example that being absolutely fucking shite in the Championship doesn't mean much down at this level. 

Dont think any Rovers fan was suggesting it would be a stroll in the park but when your playing against a team who are trailing you by 31 points,only  won 2 games at home funnily enough 1 against us why is it delusional to expect us to do better than scrape a draw?
Dont get this SFC are fighting for their place in league 1 makes any difference.We,re fighting go try and win the league
Exactly

I don't hate it but I think it could be better.

I suggested a while a go that we should be adopting the old Partick model and doing something radically different.

Given that the Barca stripe shirts were a hit my suggestion was we want for something that was recognisable as someone else's (a really big team) strip, to whit I wanted the fluorescent yellow Borussia Dortmond strip.  The was kinda what happened but it was little to do with me and more down to the sponsors Tag choosing the colours and possibly the design too.

34 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I don't hate it but I think it could be better.

I suggested a while a go that we should be adopting the old Partick model and doing something radically different.

Given that the Barca stripe shirts were a hit my suggestion was we want for something that was recognisable as someone else's (a really big team) strip, to whit I wanted the fluorescent yellow Borussia Dortmond strip.  The was kinda what happened but it was little to do with me and more down to the sponsors Tag choosing the colours and possibly the design too.

Club tried to be radical with that pink shirt, but it was absolutely fucking disgusting. 

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:
13 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Exactly

Being at the game I saw two teams with no passengers, in bad conditions in a very competitive hard fought game, Raith fans have nothing to criticise their teams commitment on. With both teams trying to play football .

9 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Actually I’m going to dare to disagree with Statto on this.
70 points wins the league 17 years out of the last 20, and ties for the win once.

Only twice would a team finishing on 70 points not win the league (or tie for first) in the last 20 years.
Those two times were when we beat Ayr to the title in 07/08 and they finished second on 74 points and when Ayr beat us in 17/18 and we finished second on 75.

Before we disagree, which “League” are you referring to. My comment regards the third level of professional football in Scotland, currently “League One”. 

Edit: Reflected some more. My stat is based upon matching or exceeding the total for the first place team, in any given year, in the third level of Scottish football. I did not consider using the total needed to exceed second place by one point, which would likely result in a total closer to yours.

Edited by TxRover