Albion Rovers v Cove

14 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

They were standing on the terracing in front of the directors area. Were wearing club ties and jackets. I’m not sure if they were directors or hangers on. I would have assumed if they were directors they would have been sitting in the posh seats

14 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Was that their directors?

Club secretary as far as I'm aware the one who stood out was the club safety officer

Yep! Sounds like the same p***ks who were mouthfuls at Hampden. Big fish, small pond mentality. 

Having been a couple of times to the Balmoral recently I have to say the actual staff at Cove- the people on the turnstiles, programme sellers, stewards- all seem fine folk who are friendly and welcoming.

It's sad that attitude doesn't seem shared by the club's leadership. Really no need for it, either. Enjoy your team's good form and likely promotion. As we all know at this level, these days aren't promised to anyone. One day Cove might not have so much money and may need sympathetic friends.

The "big fish, small pond" mentality permeates the whole city of Aberdeen I have to say.

I wasn’t at Cliftonhill on the weekend but it sounds like it was an evenly fought contest and either team could have taken 3 points.

Disappointed to hear of the poor behaviour from the club officials. This isn’t the way these kind of people in so called authority or any fan should behave.

I personally look forward to attending any home or away game and obviously I’d like to see Cove win but I enjoy the game and the occasion win, lose or draw.

As has been said already who knows what the future hold for Cove or any other team in our surrounding leagues. There is no guarantee of success and/or the financial backing will persist and things can regress quickly therefore respect everyone, enjoy the moments and don’t have we’re too good for this league mentality. This is echoed by a lot of Cove fans so it’s hard to hear Cove getting negative comments in these forums as it’s the few rather than the many who are causing issues.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wasn’t at Cliftonhill on the weekend but it sounds like it was an evenly fought contest and either team could have taken 3 points.

Disappointed to hear of the poor behaviour from the club officials. This isn’t the way these kind of people in so called authority or any fan should behave.

I personally look forward to attending any home or away game and obviously I’d like to see Cove win but I enjoy the game and the occasion win, lose or draw.

As has been said already who knows what the future hold for Cove or any other team in our surrounding leagues. There is no guarantee of success and/or the financial backing will persist and things can regress quickly therefore respect everyone, enjoy the moments and don’t have we’re too good for this league mentality. This is echoed by a lot of Cove fans so it’s hard to hear Cove getting negative comments in these forums as it’s the few rather than the many who are causing issues.

It's not the fans who are embarrassing your club, it's the arse---- "officials" and, certainly in the past some of the players.

On 03/02/2020 at 16:12, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It's not the fans who are embarrassing your club, it's the arse---- "officials" and, certainly in the past some of the players.

That was certainly the case at Hampden recently, their Directors were completely out if order in the last 15 minutes of the game standing up in the Directors Box and encouraging their Manager who was winding up our supporters  and indeed our training staff and they were also shouting back at some of our support close to them.

Disgraceful behaviour.

That was certainly the case at Hampden recently, their Directors were completely out if order in the last 15 minutes of the game standing up in the Directors Box and encouraging their Manager who was winding up our supporters  and indeed our training staff and they were also shouting back at some of our support close to them.
Disgraceful behaviour.

Furthermore, when Fyvie clattered young Mcgrory (should have been a straight red) they all cheered and clapped. Pathetic.