Albion Rovers v Cove

Excellent performance by Rovers to rescue a point. Absolutely pummelled them in the second half. Cove looked as if they thought all they had to do was just turn up. What is that pointless warm up routine they do when they run out the tunnel at kick off and half time- do they think they are Cove Madrid 

Club officials standing next to home fans were overheard saying rovers deserve to be in the lowland league and will be playing berwick rangers next year,

Hopfully they were pulled up in the boardroom afterwards complete lack of class from the aberdeen side

Even the fans, glory hunters of the highest order, one fan telling me how he gave up going to arbroath to watch cove a year and half ago

1 minute ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Club officials standing next to home fans were overheard saying rovers deserve to be in the lowland league and will be playing berwick rangers next year,

Hopfully they were pulled up in the boardroom afterwards complete lack of class from the aberdeen side

Even the fans, glory hunters of the highest order, one fan telling me how he gave up going to arbroath to watch cove a year and half ago

Should have been reminded where Arbroath are plying their trade his season......

12 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Probably John Sheran the former manager, he is a dick of the highest order, now the so called Director of Football.

A Club with zero class.

Albion Rovers have humble set up but at least they have history in the scottish leagues & these old stadiums, are part of what football is all about, thats poor from Cove, 2 draws from rovers vs them now, seems the fact they struggle against Rovers away from home, must be part of their issue with Rovers been in the division, Cove can stop crying now, Edinburgh lost, everything is back to plan, league 1 is won too next season or else.

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Was that their directors?

They were standing on the terracing in front of the directors area. Were wearing club ties and jackets. I’m not sure if they were directors or hangers on. I would have assumed if they were directors they would have been sitting in the posh seats

37 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Albion Rovers have humble set up but at least they have history in the scottish leagues & these old stadiums, are part of what football is all about, thats poor from Cove, 2 draws from rovers vs them now, seems the fact they struggle against Rovers away from home, must be part of their issue with Rovers been in the division, Cove can stop crying now, Edinburgh lost, everything is back to plan, league 1 is won too next season or else.

And there’s the rub. They extended their lead to 6 points at the top which is a perfectly acceptable position at the start of Feb in anyone’s books. Quite an entertaining game it has to be said.

No doubting Cove are very good side now & tough to play against but they've spent plenty, I imagine they are trying to run teams from the division into the ground, if its not 3 points on the day, it would be disaster for Cove not to get promoted, giving how much their going for it, just sad to see them talking down on teams like Albion Rovers & Cowden too in the past, who have been mainstays in the scottish league, I'll take  tradition over money anyday, yeah its tough place to go Cliftonhill & get result, I think Rovers would be higher in the league if their defending was better this season

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

No doubting Cove are very good side now & tough to play against but they've spent plenty, I imagine they are trying to run teams from the division into the ground, if its not 3 points on the day, it would be disaster for Cove not to get promoted, giving how much their going for it, just sad to see them talking down on teams like Albion Rovers & Cowden too in the past, who have been mainstays in the scottish league, I'll take  tradition over money anyday, yeah its tough place to go Cliftonhill & get result, I think Rovers would be higher in the league if their defending was better this season

Yes they have a good team but their  management are utter dross.

As a fan of the other "new" club I have to say I'm beginning to think going to Cliftonhill is my favourite away trip- you can get there by train from Edinburgh, Owen's is a fine boozer, pies aren't too bad and we sometimes win there. I'm old enough to have stood on the covered terracing and it would be good if that was reopened but can't have everything. I shall also stick up for that other maligned ground Central Park in that sitting in the wooden stand seems a damn site warmer that a lot of the new concrete stands with plastic seats. I also miss going to Shielfield.

As for Cove, your ground is just a jumped up Ainslie Park in an industrial estate so you shouldn't be slagging anyone..