Morton vs. Queen of the South

8 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Draw probably a fair result. Ledger looks good. Very vocal with instructions. Missed big Mercer though. Any news on when he's due back?

When Mercer is back what one of Ledger , Devine or Kilday drop out ? 

I think young Semple must have shagged AJs misses !!!

Players from both sides deserve tremendous credit for serving up an entertaining match in truly horrific conditions. Negotiating the short walk back to the car was in itself a major challenge.

Drawing after being ahead twice is disappointing but in truth a share of the spoils was a fair result. Interesting to hear Morton fans question both penalties - from my admittedly poor vantage point I fully expected them to be given.

No shortage of commitment from us but I am mystified why Oliver starts ahead of Hamilton. New signings did ok.

If we can get Mercer, Murray and Osman back fit we will at least have better options.

Players from both sides deserve tremendous credit for serving up an entertaining match in truly horrific conditions. Negotiating the short walk back to the car was in itself a major challenge.

Drawing after being ahead twice is disappointing but in truth a share of the spoils was a fair result. Interesting to hear Morton fans question both penalties - from my admittedly poor vantage point I fully expected them to be given.

No shortage of commitment from us but I am mystified why Oliver starts ahead of Hamilton. New signings did ok.

If we can get Mercer, Murray and Osman back fit we will at least have better options.

First one never looked at pen at all. Second one , if he is giving a pen then it needs to be a ref card as stopping a goal scoring opportunity in my opinion.

First one never looked at pen at all. Second one , if he is giving a pen then it needs to be a ref card as stopping a goal scoring opportunity in my opinion.
Is that still a rule? I thought it's now only a red if the player makes no attempt to play the ball. Don't think that's a red.

Just saw the highlights. GK makes an arse of the first but from our point it's nice to see a player running forward and having a strike. Didn't look a penalty for the first but it's hardly the best angle. Second looked a stonewaller. We then concede our customary goal from a cross. Was it over the line? The goalkeeper is absolutely furious. Again, hard to tell from that angle.

8 goals conceded in the last 3 games, 7 via cross and a penalty. If only we could do the basics we probably wouldn't be where we are.

That first Queens goal was worse than any mistake Ramsbottom has made this season. Just absolute basic stuff. Looked like he moved the wrong way at first but, despite that, still had time to roll a fag, read the paper and wander over and stop the ball and somehow still managed to let it trundle in. 

After that Queens were shite. First half they had that wind up against them but, then, in the 2nd half they just kept humping the ball up and the wind was taking out of play. In between times we got a penalty for no reason, which we scored, and a stonewaller, which we missed. Colville then forgot how to kick a ball and, after just two attempts, and two howlers from our players, they were in the lead. No idea if our equaliser was over the line or not but I'll take it.

Last ten minutes Queen of the South managed a few decent chances but, until then, were rank and only two acts of blind stupidity let them in. Terrible quality from both sides but hilarious game of football that I thoroughly enjoyed.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

That first Queens goal was worse than any mistake Ramsbottom has made this season. Just absolute basic stuff. Looked like he moved the wrong way at first but, despite that, still had time to roll a fag, read the paper and wander over and stop the ball and somehow still managed to let it trundle in. 

After that Queens were shite. First half they had that wind up against them but, then, in the 2nd half they just kept humping the ball up and the wind was taking out of play. In between times we got a penalty for no reason, which we scored, and a stonewaller, which we missed. Colville then forgot how to kick a ball and, after just two attempts, and two howlers from our players, they were in the lead. No idea if our equaliser was over the line or not but I'll take it.

Last ten minutes Queen of the South managed a few decent chances but, until then, were rank and only two acts of blind stupidity let them in. Terrible quality from both sides but hilarious game of football that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Humping high balls up the park irrespective of weather conditions is what we do. Also one team was as good (or bad)  as the other, "rank"  could be applied in both cases. 

21 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Tontastic’s pics seem to suggest it wasn’t.

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The pics do suggest it wasnt even close

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sports and outdoor

thats obviously not the closest it gets to the line but its hard to see how the ball can cross the line before being cleared given were Stewart hand is.

Hard to say with any certainty. Stewart is diving backwards as he tries to stop it (he ends up in the back of the net) and the photo isn't quite in line either. Looks like it probably didn't cross the line but I expect it's a lot closer to doing so than that photo implies too. Did we have a Go Pro on the goal line or close to it as we often do? Hopefully that will give a better view.

The linesman is right in position close to the corner flag there so I think he would be able to call it correctly.  The ball could actually be over the line at the point where the photo is taken but you can't really tell from a 2d photo.  Maybe ask John Sutton as he must have had a great view from where he's standing.

3 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The linesman is right in position close to the corner flag there so I think he would be able to call it correctly.  The ball could actually be over the line at the point where the photo is taken but you can't really tell from a 2d photo.  Maybe ask John Sutton as he must have had a great view from where he's standing.

The assistant is more than a yard away from the goal-line, you can see him in the photo, he's marginally better placed than the camera to tell but he's not in perfect position. John Sutton is better placed as you say. I don't think there's any chance it's over the line in that photo either but it could easily have gone over before it was clawed back. If we didn't have a camera on the line or very close to it we'll never know for sure. Looks like it probably didn't fully cross the line but it's given so it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, Alibi said:

You can tell from that photo that the ball isnt over the line at the point the photo is taken, its not impossible to judge position from a 2D photo.