Morton vs. Queen of the South

7 hours ago, JessieField said:

I fully expect this game to be off looking at Friday night and Saturday's weather forecast.

Stop building my hopes up. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, JessieField said:
I fully expect this game to be off looking at Friday night and Saturday's weather forecast.

Just so long as they give plenty of notice and don't leave it until an hour before kick-off to postpone it. I doubt anyone would ever leave it so late though so probably worrying for no reason.

Naughty. 

On the the original date it was disappointing to turn up about an hour before kick-off to be told it was off,   this time it may be more disappointing to hear it's on. 

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just so long as they give plenty of notice and don't leave it until an hour before kick-off to postpone it. I doubt anyone would ever leave it so late though so probably worrying for no reason.

Queen of the South did the exact same thing for a home match against Morton in the not too distant past, so I suggest your both dry your eyes and wind your neck in.

Not sure how they've contrived to do it, but both side's squads look to have been weakened in the transfer window from the ones that played out such a classic spectacle at Palmerston in September. We're at least playing with a bit more cohesion right now which explains our strong start to 2020, but when the team is playing poor it still completely stinks the place out. I do not rate our central defence's chances of keeping the likes of Dobbie at bay, but by the same token an on-form Nicky Cadden should be well placed to expose Queens' apparent issues with cross balls. I'd therefore expect more goals than the first game but I can't call the outcome with confidence either way. Whichever side loses is probably in the shit for the rest of the campaign though so it's a really important game.

Queen of the South did the exact same thing for a home match against Morton in the not too distant past, so I suggest your both dry your eyes and wind your neck in.
Not sure how they've contrived to do it, but both side's squads look to have been weakened in the transfer window from the ones that played out such a classic spectacle at Palmerston in September. We're at least playing with a bit more cohesion right now which explains our strong start to 2020, but when the team is playing poor it still completely stinks the place out. I do not rate our central defence's chances of keeping the likes of Dobbie at bay, but by the same token an on-form Nicky Cadden should be well placed to expose Queens' apparent issues with cross balls. I'd therefore expect more goals than the first game but I can't call the outcome with confidence either way. Whichever side loses is probably in the shit for the rest of the campaign though so it's a really important game.
Queens postponing a game late in the day didn't negatively effect me, only Morton fans. So I'll continue to cry with my neck fully extended about Morton's behaviour towards our fans, thank you very much.

No mention of Doolan not being signed by us so lI guess that means there can be no complaints when he scores against us - as he usually does.

I think he would have been a great addition for us and would have linked up so well with Dobbie - both intelligent players and natural finishers.

Of course, the majority seem to prefer Hamilton alongside Dobbie - how do you think that is going ?

If we continue to lose games no doubt  Messrs. Hewitson and Johnston will be in for it !

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Queens postponing a game late in the day didn't negatively effect me, only Morton fans. So I'll continue to cry with my neck fully extended about Morton's behaviour towards our fans, thank you very much.

Here's hoping the game gets abandoned with Queens 0-3 up at 4:10pm tomorrow then.

No mention of Doolan not being signed by us so lI guess that means there can be no complaints when he scores against us - as he usually does.
I think he would have been a great addition for us and would have linked up so well with Dobbie - both intelligent players and natural finishers.
Of course, the majority seem to prefer Hamilton alongside Dobbie - how do you think that is going ?
If we continue to lose games no doubt  Messrs. Hewitson and Johnston will be in for it !
Missed this. Doolan has absolutely no pace and would never work well alongside Dobbie. What are you watching in our games that makes you think differently?

Hamilton and Dobbie front two isn't working at all. Mainly because they are rarely played together. Only AJ and yourself are unaware that it's the front pairing most likely to return goals.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Missed this. Doolan has absolutely no pace and would never work well alongside Dobbie. What are you watching in our games that makes you think differently?

Hamilton and Dobbie front two isn't working at all. Mainly because they are rarely played together. Only AJ and yourself are unaware that it's the front pairing most likely to return goals.

Spot on .Morton  will be looking to expose  our deficiencies at set pieces . Livvy under  Hopkin  were very good at it

Did Hamilton partner Dobbie last week? Must have missed that.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You think Hamilton has pace ?

What games have you been watching ?

When fully fit I would back Doolan every time over Hamilton in both the pace and goalscoring stakes.

You don't seem to realise the value of a natural finisher and two stikers being on the same wavelength  without having to work at it.

Of course, the counter argument is that 'Big Sean' had no pace.

However, he had a great touch and natural instinct too as well as scoring  ability - he wasn't just a big guy to win headers.

His goal against Aberdeen is a fine example of his skills.

When fully fit I would back Doolan every time over Hamilton in both the pace and goalscoring stakes.
You don't seem to realise the value of a natural finisher and two stikers being on the same wavelength  without having to work at it.
However, he had a great touch and natural instinct too as well as scoring  ability - he wasn't just a big guy to win headers.
The natural instinct Dobbie had with Dykes was tremendous to be fair, no chance we can get something on that level.

You've not watched Doolan recently have you?

I've not said Hamilton has pace, though he certainly isn't slow. I'm not even commenting on Hamilton's ability, I'm saying Dobbie works better with a tall person beside him, this isn't an opinion it's a proven fact.

Oliver and Dobbie were practically a front two on Saturday which resulted in the same high balls as usual. How on earth can you think replacing one 5ft striker for another would be anymore effective? Does Doolan come with stilts?

If you're inside looking out it actually looks a very nice sunny day here in Greenock,  step outside though and the wind will either cut you in half or blow yer bunnet clean aff. This won't be pretty if we employ our usual punts up the park.  Might be an idea to get a bet on a goalie to score with a long hoof. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You've not watched Doolan recently have you?

I've not said Hamilton has pace, though he certainly isn't slow. I'm not even commenting on Hamilton's ability, I'm saying Dobbie works better with a tall person beside him, this isn't an opinion it's a proven fact.

Oliver and Dobbie were practically a front two on Saturday which resulted in the same high balls as usual. How on earth can you think replacing one 5ft striker for another would be anymore effective? Does Doolan come with stilts?

Doolan's first ever professional goal was against us at Palmerston - a header funnily enough.

Maybe you weren't at that game .

He is proficient in the air  alright.

All round goalscorer -  just like Derek Lyle !

Doolan's first ever professional goal was against us at Palmerston - a header funnily enough.
He scored a header a decade ago and to you that means he's just the player we need to bring the long balls out the air and aide Dobbie? [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Deary me.