Today's Scores

andy25

Refereee was shocking today as seems to be the norm now (am saying that having won the last few games where have left game talking about ref rather than game) let the game go n only blow when you have a major decision to make not nearly every 50/50 challenge n header ,we go to see a game not you ,talbot better team today 11v11 red cards only 1 was arguable but reads like a kicking match when that wasn’t the case ,rossvale worked like trojans n I wouldn’t have grudged them a point even if they scored from the best n only real chance they made( looping header in last few minutes apart )superior numbers told in the end credit to rossvale but well done talbot.

13 minutes ago, who ate all the pies said:

Refereee was shocking today as seems to be the norm now (am saying that having won the last few games where have left game talking about ref rather than game) let the game go n only blow when you have a major decision to make not nearly every 50/50 challenge n header ,we go to see a game not you ,talbot better team today 11v11 red cards only 1 was arguable but reads like a kicking match when that wasn’t the case ,rossvale worked like trojans n I wouldn’t have grudged them a point even if they scored from the best n only real chance they made( looping header in last few minutes apart )superior numbers told in the end credit to rossvale but well done talbot.

Best and only chance..... apart from the goal you mean ??

lol well worked goal obviously meant apart from goal dan n Shankland isn’t going to change linos mind at half time looked well onside n lads I spoke to after game said brilliant save made by outfield player was well over line , I was at opposite side, as said earlier thought rossvale played well since gormz went there have played exceptional best of luck for rest of season

1 minute ago, who ate all the pies said:

lol well worked goal obviously meant apart from goal dan n Shankland isn’t going to change linos mind at half time looked well onside n lads I spoke to after game said brilliant save made by outfield player was well over line , I was at opposite side, as said earlier thought rossvale played well since gormz went there have played exceptional best of luck for rest of season

As I said at the Scot Cup tie, and again today. We are playing the benchmark in junior fitba. The rise of Rossvale in less than 10 years is remarkable. To be on the same pitch as Talbot was something that the Vale could only have dreamt of a few seasons ago. To be not just playing, but competing at this level is a fairytale. Talbot are the benchmark, we now fear nobody in this league. 

His goal was decent tho eh ? I am assuming you are the guy that was standing behind me screaming that you hoped he was seriously injured?? Stay classy man...

Not the first occasion Talbot fans have shouted this. I was standing next to one who shouted I hope your legs is broken when a player went down.The player was off work for 8 weeks in a moon boot . Disgusting and should be ashamed. Wasn’t missed at these comments.

8 hours ago, Boswelldriver said:

I've watched Liam McGonnigle a few times and a dirty player is not his nature. A decent level headed fit player with a very good eye for the goal.

Known Liam since he played at St Peters. Always thought he was a bit special and deserves to play in the top league.  He has been instrumental along with a few others in getting Rossvale to where they are.   

Not the first occasion Talbot fans have shouted this. I was standing next to one who shouted I hope your legs is broken when a player went down.The player was off work for 8 weeks in a moon boot . Disgusting and should be ashamed. Wasn’t missed at these comments.
I hear this at most games I go to from both sides. Once heard a Rabs fan of about 70 years old shouting that he wanted to see one of his players break our goalies neck with a sliding tackle on goal. When aI looked at him he just glanced towards me and laughed. Scottish fans[emoji1787][emoji85]

2 hours ago, Mine Man said:

Shock horror! Rival fan has a dig at Talbot support while supporters of other clubs don't shout obcenities. Unfortunately every support has a banger in their midst we might have a few more because we actually have a support. However if this is true then it is disgraceful.

Shock horror! Rival fan has a dig at Talbot support while supporters of other clubs don't shout obcenities. Unfortunately every support has a banger in their midst we might have a few more because we actually have a support. However if this is true then it is disgraceful.

You are right my friend every club has idiots and I accept that.It was 100% true and if I heard it again at any game I would again call that person out.

22 hours ago, who ate all the pies said:

I didn't manage to get to the game but on the previous 5 games that I have, there's nothing dirty that I can see from Rossvale, they play attractive football, trying to draw the opposition out.   I've spoken to 4 neutrals and 2 Rossvale followers who were at the a game, 2 who are Pollok supporters, not sure fi this is a good thing lol. They all said the same which surprised me. The Rossvale keeper a straight red although it was a clear off side as the lineman wasn't fit enough to be in line and the other two were one was a hard tackle from both opposition players and the other tackle, the player fell into the Talbot player as he lost his footing going into tackle. 3 of them don't know what the Talbot player got sent off for, one said a stamp but not 100% sure.  Some of the comments from people on here I seriously just shake my head, all sides.  Think everyone is in agreement that the referee was horrendous, all about him but he knew he was being watched by a referee observer and obviously tried to show he's the boss with making decisions.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Referee's are just like players, some good some bad, like players they can have a great game one week and pish the next, but without them we wouldnn't have a game to watch.Some of these guys work all week then get abused for 90 mins on a Saturday, why?, because they love their fitba like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I didn't manage to get to the game but on the previous 5 games that I have, there's nothing dirty that I can see from Rossvale, they play attractive football, trying to draw the opposition out.   I've spoken to 4 neutrals and 2 Rossvale followers who were at the a game, 2 who are Pollok supporters, not sure fi this is a good thing lol. They all said the same which surprised me. The Rossvale keeper a straight red although it was a clear off side as the lineman wasn't fit enough to be in line and the other two were one was a hard tackle from both opposition players and the other tackle, the player fell into the Talbot player as he lost his footing going into tackle. 3 of them don't know what the Talbot player got sent off for, one said a stamp but not 100% sure.  Some of the comments from people on here I seriously just shake my head, all sides.  Think everyone is in agreement that the referee was horrendous, all about him but he knew he was being watched and obviously tried to show he's the boss with making decisions.

Talbot player was sent off for retaliation after he was fouled, he put his hand on the prone Rossvale players head and shoved it into the grass. Both tackles that the cards were issued for, one was late, and the other its debateable whether the player slipped, but on plastic grass anything is possible. As for the offside where the goalie was carded the same linesman chalked off a perfectly good goal so it was swings and roundabouts. Last comment "I hate astroturf" PS. Thats the 6th time in 14 league games Mr Gentles has reffed us.