Annan V Stenny

Not feeling the love for this one....

Another blustery Saturday in Annan. Hoping to get the first points of the decade today after a dry January.  If we don't get our act together could see us getting dragged into a relegation dogfight.

Prediction 1-0 to the mighty Annan. Fingers crossed.

Well, I think we have deserved to get a win like that for a few weeks, so hopefully that is a corner turned. And a clean sheet. With no Andy Munro. Not sure if it was a coincidence (maybe not) or down to the fact that the Annan frontline was so impotent. No doubt Annan are the worst I have seen (Brechin aside) and they are in the run of form we were in. It’s difficult to reverse.

Special word for Ryan Blair who was outstanding today, never mind his exceptional opening goal. Hopefully the substitution was just a precaution.

Blair showed his class yesterday. Best performance for us by some way. Mclaughlin was the stand out for me. Absolutely tremendous yesterday. Sitting in front of the defence just breaking play up and starting attacks.

Everyone played well and at no point did I fear anything from Annan.

With Brehin getting beat we really should be safe. No way we finish bottom with that squad.

Really looking forward to the match highlights, when the eventually drop. Very encouraging comments from those who made the journey down.

One thing I did notice was that it was Ryan Watters, not Mark McGuigan, who replaced Botti Biabi late on. I'm getting the impression Davie Irons doesn't really fancy him and his time could be up at the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Really looking forward to the match highlights, when the eventually drop. Very encouraging comments from those who made the journey down.

One thing I did notice was that it was Ryan Watters, not Mark McGuigan, who replaced Botti Biabi late on. I'm getting the impression Davie Irons doesn't really fancy him and his time could be up at the end of the season.

Highlights will be up in the morning or early afternoon. 

I assume Watters was brought on to give him game time since we were 3-0 up at the time.

2 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Highlights will be up in the morning or early afternoon. 

I assume Watters was brought on to give him game time since we were 3-0 up at the time.

How come it takes so long to pull the highlights package together?

Let's be honest, Ryan Watters is never really going to be more than a jersey filler, I'd say it's much more important for big Mark to be playing. There were only two minutes remaining, but still.

4 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

How come it takes so long to pull the highlights package together?

Commentary. 

Stephen can't get it sent over until the morning so it should be out then. I've always got the highlights section done by late afternoon to send to him for commentary. just then have to wait for said commentary to be sent back.

1 minute ago, CEMSFC said:

Commentary. 

Stephen can't get it sent over until the morning so it should be out then. I've always got the highlights section done by late afternoon to send to him for commentary. just then have to wait for said commentary to be sent back.

Fair play, thanks for explaining. It's my own personal preference but I would rather forego the commentary to have next-day highlights. I'm currently watching Queen's Park's package from yesterday's match with Cowdenbeath, free of commentary, and it's great!

I was surprised it was watters instead of Marky but he has been a shadow of himself this season & no player has a devine right to play.

Maybe it was a get your arse in gear move by Irons or you will just be on the bench till May. Needs to show what he's made of now. Is he up for the challenge in what is a very good front line or will he chuck it? He still has a part to play for me but he must be better.

2 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Well taken goals, highlights appear to show only one team in it.  Will he bring back Munro next week?

Annan didn't have many chances, and the chances they did have didn't really threaten our goal too much, so I didn't include them. 

Andy Munro is suspended for next week but will be available for the match against Albion Rovers on the 15th. 

16 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Heard mcguigan was feeling a tightness in his leg during training Thursday so was sat out as a precaution