Blackburn

Very nice wee lounge for soup and pie + Fitbaw on the telly before the game.

The covered enclosure is decent size BUT if you see someone carrying a golf umbrella who looks like he intends to stand at the barrier in front of the said enclosure and open his brolly give them a boot in the baws them destroy the brolly because it severely restricts the viewing.

One of the few bright moments from today.  A good set up and ground which should’ve suited us.  Lack of creativity in the final third costing us again and a defensive mix up allowing Blackburn to score.  The last 10 was total kamikaze stuff as we threw the kitchen sink at it and Blackburn really should have scored from at least one of the chances as the countered whilst most of our team was upfield.  A big result for them whilst 1 point from 12 looks a bit bleak for us.  Still, it’s Linlithgow next week, something’s got to give....

63570362-9B30-459B-A213-AAB3342FBC8A.jpeg

I thought it was a fairly even first half and we played some decent stuff after a bit of a stuttery start.  Second half Penicuik held the upper hand but we held firm, and we must have passed up three gilt edged chances in the last 10 minutes to seal the points, but we got there 😀

Hope you enjoyed your visit.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I thought it was a fairly even first half and we played some decent stuff after a bit of a stuttery start.  Second half Penicuik held the upper hand but we held firm, and we must have passed up three gilt edged chances in the last 10 minutes to seal the points, but we got there 😀

Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Yes thanks. Nice place to come and a cosy wee bar. Turned out I knew your Physio so had a chat with him before the game.  Your number 7 was quite tricky so not sure why he came off, perhaps in case of a second yellow.  Good luck going forwards, your set up deserves to be kept in the league...👍

Yes thanks. Nice place to come and a cosy wee bar. Turned out I knew your Physio so had a chat with him before the game.  Your number 7 was quite tricky so not sure why he came off, perhaps in case of a second yellow.  Good luck going forwards, your set up deserves to be kept in the league...[emoji106]
Young Paddy Quinn is only 18, on loan from Livingston. Only his third game but clearly a talent. Might have picked up a knock or as you say, protecting him from a second booking perhaps. No10 David Howe and sub Laurie Devine both came from our own u20's this season, indeed Laurie played the full u20 game last night.

Burnie - I know talent when I see it!!

Musselburgh U20s played Blackburn U20s two weeks in a row early November. David Howe was the outstanding player in both matches and I think, from the first match at Blackburn I said it was only a matter of time before he would be playing for your senior team!

Really good result for your team today! 👏

17 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Burnie - I know talent when I see it!!

Musselburgh U20s played Blackburn U20s two weeks in a row early November. David Howe was the outstanding player in both matches and I think, from the first match at Blackburn I said it was only a matter of time before he would be playing for your senior team!

Really good result for your team today! 👏

Cheers.

As you say he's a stand out for the U20's, hence why he quickly progressed into the Senior team.  Sometimes you just have to trust the young yins to step upto the mark and do the business.

Could not agree more with you Burnie! If you are good enough it doesn’t matter how young you are! I appreciate that sometimes what looks good isn’t enough when the step up is made, but give the guys a chance; get them involved with the ‘big team’ training and look at the situation over a number of weeks / matches before making a decision.

With Howe, think you had a guy already there! Which has to be a manager’s dream.