Skateboards

I pretty much dress like I can skateboard but I have no balance and just fall off and hurt myself. Haven't tried since I was a teenager though. Had thought about getting one over lockdown, seen a lot of people picking it up which is class to see.

Nice documentary on the BBC about Livingston Skatepark and some girls who are trying to use it and get it done up again - Long Live Livi.

Arches DIY at Cowcaddens looks pretty great.

Edited by Smurph

• 1 month later...
On 30/01/2020 at 19:12, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I didn’t know skateboarding was a thing adults did. Learn something new every day.

Am I right in saying that you're an accountant (related) that lives near Perth? That's some life you have 

13 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Am I right in saying that you're an accountant (related) that lives near Perth? That's some life you have .

You are absolutely rattled and it’s fair to say that’s given me a wee spring in my step this afternoon. 

0FFCDF7B-C568-42DE-A912-CB8C33DBC6A6.png.058c49b03efeff214d29bb19098fc589.png

My wee boy is really into scooters, skateboarding, mini rockers and the likes so I am spending a lot of time hanging about skateboard parks in Fife. He watches the older guys on YouTube doing those ‘36 things not to do at the skatepark’ videos and BMX guys doing stunts and wants to be one of them. 

It seems a fairly common occurrence To see adults at the Skatepark on BMXs or boards. 

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

My wee boy is really into scooters, skateboarding, mini rockers and the likes so I am spending a lot of time hanging about skateboard parks in Fife. He watches the older guys on YouTube doing those ‘36 things not to do at the skatepark’ videos and BMX guys doing stunts and wants to be one of them. 

It seems a fairly common occurrence To see adults at the Skatepark on BMXs or boards. 

free-candy.jpg

Anything similar to this parked nearby?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Richardashford said:

The Magneto Longboard is one of the most versatile boards I have. It has a drop-through deck design that sets the center of gravity lower. With this, cruising and carving feel comfortable and stable.

Not my words Lyn, the words if Top Skater magazine.

• 2 months later...

Dudhope skatepark was right beside my old house so used to sit there and get steaming in the summer. After drinking two bottles of vino and watching people skate all day it looks well easy. Decided to literally just roll down a ramp (nowhere near a half pipe, probably about a 20° angle) and made it down, only to see another object approaching so bailed out. Landed on my side/back and got winded to high heaven. Went to hospital because I was having trouble breathing and sitting up a few days later, turns out I'd damaged my intercostal muscles. "Damaged" is so underwhelming, I wanted a tear or a break or something to justify how much pain I was in. Haven't skated again since. Have continued to drink wine in parks, however.

Anyway, this is about the most mental skate video I've seen. His homemade trick boards are just ridiculous.

Edited by RawB93

I started learning to skate in 2016, the first skateboard I used while learning was the ADRIMAX. It's a very durable skateboard and I keep it and let my grandchildren play. It's a really good skate for the price and for beginners, comes with a tool to tighten and loosen the bolts to your liking. Now I have a hobby of collecting skateboards. As for those of you who are adults and are starting to learn to skate, I think DISUPPO or Gonex Standard can also be a good choice. Those are the experiences I know.