Geographic scope/catchment of your club's fanbase

Christ knows.
Perth is top heavy with OF fans as much as every other place in the country, possibly more Celtic.
I'd imagine that, apart from Perth, the vast remainder of Saints fans will be from places like Crieff and Auchterarder.

Used to run buses from Pitlochry if memory serves me correct.

My grandad often tells tales of Muirton Park in the 50’s being filled with fans from all over Perthshire.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 30/01/2020 at 16:15, Swello said:

And a huge pocket of 80's glory hunters in the central belt...

One of Scottish football's great fake news stories.

There have been Aberdeen supporters clubs in the central belt....Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fife, Stirling and more......since the 1970's. It comes from the Doric diaspora, where many left Aberdeen around that time to either move to the new towns or to study and work in the cities.

Aberdeen have a large support in the central belt but almost all of it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation Aberdonian. 

Ayr, like everywhere in Ayrshire, is absolutely riddled with Rangers fans. Wouldn't even say 'Old Firm' fans, it is just absolutely riddled by braindead Rangers 'fans' who take as much pleasure in Ayr getting beat as they do in Rangers winning.

Ayr United's core fanbase is obviously Ayr and surrounding South Ayrshire. Anything from Girvan up to Troon is mostly Ayr (outside the OF) but Troon itself is a bit mixed between Ayr and Killie although it lies in South Ayrshire. 

Aside from that, the Aberdeen AUSC Quiz Night on Friday was  seemingly mobbed, with a flag on the wall reading 'Kuala Lumpur - Ayr United' so Kerrball is evidently going global.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The same people who think evening wear on holiday is the away strip.

It's fairly mental eh. :lol:

I've got a couple of old Hibs tops from the 90s, but they only get an airing at the occasional fives or a trip to Hampden in the Scottish.

Each to their own, but the thought of going to the shops for a pint of milk in this season's Hibs top just isn't for me.

County get the bulk of the Highlands, though you'll find the odd Caley fan in places like Maryburgh and Fortrose. 

Inverness is mostly Old Firm with a wee enclave of Clach fans down the Ferry.

Used to run buses from Pitlochry if memory serves me correct.

My grandad often tells tales of Muirton Park in the 50’s being filled with fans from all over Perthshire.
If only there was a bus load coming in from Pitlochry, from Crieff, Blairgowrie etc now what a difference it could make.

16 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

I couldn't have imagined growing up without going to Tynecastle every other week (sure the Hibs boys were the same with Easter Road)

Closest any of our OF supporting mates got to a Rangers or Celtic game was Scotsport on cup final day.

I did/do think it's funny that I've been to Ibrox (for example) more times than people I went to school with and who said they were Rangers fans. There was never any desire from them to seek tickets for the games, as opposed to them being unable to get tickets.  It's possibly also a reflection of people growing up with televised football that the physical distance is now bridged and people can have home from home, at home. 

We've a few Livi fans from Livi and unsurprisingly fewer following from the Meadowbank days (hats off; curious to know exactly how many). The penultimate Meadowbank home game had 146 in attendance so i'm guessing a good bit less than that make it to Livi. 

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:06, craigkillie said:

I'd guess that most of our support is from North Ayrshire and East Ayrshire, with most in South Ayrshire being Ayr United fans. Probably pretty much every town in Ayrshire, including Kilmarnock and Ayr, have a majority of Old Firm fans though. I guess there are also a few St Mirren and Morton fans in some parts of North Ayrshire like Largs.

There was a poll on Killiefc.com with 100s of replies, so a fairly accurate sample and there was a bigger % of our support from outside Killie than the town itself.

There is a big Killie support in places like Saltcoats/Ardrossan/Irvine/Kilwinning/Stewarton etc

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There have been Aberdeen supporters clubs in the central belt....Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fife, Stirling and more......since the 1970's. It comes from the Doric diaspora, where many left Aberdeen around that time to either move to the new towns or to study and work in the cities.

Aberdeen have a large support in the central belt but almost all of it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation Aberdonian. 

I know 3 Aberdeen fans from school and none of them have any connection to Aberdeen other than the football team.

That was in Saltcoats. .

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

That's just because Hibs fans aren't the sort of dangers who wear football tops while nipping for their paper.

Can confirm. As someone who lives about five minutes walk Easter Road, there's generally no Hibs tops on show, except on matchdays. There's more chance of coming across a full-kit Celtic w****r in the wild as a Hibs top.

You might see a few folks walking up the road wearing normal jackets with the Hibs logo but that's generally folks working at the stadium/ticket office/shop and it'd be classed as workwear.

On 01/02/2020 at 01:24, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

There are a lot of Motherwell fans in Hamilton.Some who moved here,others who were brought up supporting a top League team when Accies languished in the Seaside Leagues and plenty who became Well fans when John Boyle flooded Hamilton schools with free tickets during our homeless years.

Strathaven has a good number of Accies fans with a few in East Kilbride I know of, but not as many as there should be due to the club never trying to reach out to folk from there which has always been a missed opportunity.

Interesting to hear that this move had a tangible, positive legacy for some clubs. Loads of people I know remember getting the free tickets at school but didn't continue going. I wonder what the % retention rate is? If nothing else, it's a decent daycare option for parents on a Saturday; dump the kids at the Tony Mac (we could pen them in) and go for a wander about the shops...

I grew up in Dunfermline. Though my old man had no connection with Aberdeen he had supported them since the 50s(a glory hunter from their first league title). All the other Dons fans i knew at school had North East connections; Deeside, Peterhead, Kincardineshire etc.
There did appear to be more kids wearing Dons tops in the mid 8Os with no connection but they tended not to go to any games, probably the sort of folk who nowadays support Barca or Man City.

On 03/02/2020 at 10:37, Comrie said:

County get the bulk of the Highlands, though you'll find the odd Caley fan in places like Maryburgh and Fortrose. 

Inverness is mostly Old Firm with a wee enclave of Clach fans down the Ferry.

Fake News. Fortrose is full on County.