Falkirk v Hearts - 8th of Feb

falkirkzombie

53 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were poor but it's an away cup tie in shite conditions, going through is all that mattered.

Should've had a penalty in the first half for the foul on Clare and the one we got was a stonewaller.  I'd rest Naismith for Wednesday, we are likely to get pumped and Saturday is far more important. Plus Walker deserves a start.

Aye, stonewaller. And to add insult to injury I think Doyle laddered Boyce's tights as well.

Falkirk fans taking an unusual approach here of trying to ensure everyone knows how shit their club is so they can in turn realise how poor Hearts are.

Hearts are levels above Falkirk in every single measurable by which you can judge the success -either current or long term- of any football club.

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Falkirk fans taking an unusual approach here of trying to ensure everyone knows how shit their club is so they can in turn realise how poor Hearts are.

Hearts are levels above Falkirk in every single measurable by which you can judge the success -either current or long term- of any football club.

You don't say? I, for one, am completely shocked by this revelation!

57 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Yes but they have had to cheat to do it mind you. Taking money off people and then not paying it back. If that's the way you like doing things then great. Hearts will always be remembered for that.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Good to see Falkirk fans haven't changed much from when were absolutely bodying them in the Championship about five year ago.

I cant remember you bodying us when we pumped u at Tynecastle that season.Enlighten me on that one please?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Really disappointed not to have won that. Can’t help but feel what could’ve been at the draw.

Hearts looked really poor, only clear chance was the penalty. If I was a hearts fan I’d be concerned at what the rest of this season holds.

Bonus, I though Buchanan and durnan looked really good at the back. And I’ve been a big critic of both, so was happy to see that. Sammon was utter dross the whole game.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf to Naismith, although I think he’s an arsehole, Stendel’s tactics seemed to be to get the ball to Naismith no matter where he was on the pitch.

Naismith is a tireless worker and always looks to organise and defend when needed. He's been a bit slack in our last two games though. Didn't notice that last night but we'd be better getting the ball to Boyce or Claire.

17 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Naismith is a tireless worker and always looks to organise and defend when needed. He's been a bit slack in our last two games though. Didn't notice that last night but we'd be better getting the ball to Boyce or Claire.

I thought Boyce looked really slow and cumbersome and didn’t offer you much.

I assume you mean Clare ? Given what the Hearts fans at work were saying about him, I was disappointed in what I seen. He struck me as being more interested in diving and antagonising the crowd. Not fair of me to judge him on one game mind you.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, Darren said:
You took a 3-0 skelping at TFS and lost 4-1 at Tynecastle.

We also won at Tynecastle

You did. Congratulations. Meant you only finished the 38 points behind.

34 minutes ago, Darren said:

You did. Congratulations. Meant you only finished the 38 points behind.

Maybe if we'd shafted some local firms by no paying back our debts we could have had a more competitive budget but I'd rather follow a side that pays all its dues frankly.

Considering the conditions I actually really enjoyed the match. It was a tense affair with a good atmosphere. Definitely think we deserved a replay but just wasnt our day with hitting the woodwork three times, to be fair to hearts they took the sting out the game with a passage of possession and we couldn't really get going again afterwards.

Did witness an unsavoury incident on the way home with a young grounded falkirk fan being booted square in the head, quite a cowardly act and disappointing that there was no police around.