Falkirk v Hearts - 8th of Feb

falkirkzombie

28 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

See you guys have punted 3000 tickets so far, is that a good show or not so much? Would've been good to have the ground full but if it were Hearts and the old firm I wouldn't want to be outnumbered, although the financial boost would probably be welcomed. 

Anyway, from the league table falkirk look similar to Airdrie. I'll go 3-1 hearts 

It’s not brilliant, but not surprising either.

Also the financial gain argument is mince. An extra 1300 tickets at 15 quid a pop at best is about 19k, not exactly season changing money 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It’s not brilliant, but not surprising either.

Also the financial gain argument is mince. An extra 1300 tickets at 15 quid a pop at best is about 19k, not exactly season changing money 

That extra £19k would also be split with Hearts.

1 minute ago, champions said:

That extra £19k would also be split with Hearts.

Good point, and with a few u18 tickets etc in there realistically looking at £8k. 

The financial benefits argument only works when you have a ground like killie/st Johnstone where you can comfortably fit 7 or 8k of the ugly sisters fans in without denying any home fans seats, and charge them 25 quid a pop. Then you’re talking 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

What are the chances of this game being off?
Gales, heavy rain, 80mph winds & disruption forecast.

According to the BBC saturday isn't too bad, it's Sunday that looks brutal.  Might be a bit wet but not too windy.

22 minutes ago, MariusZaliukas said:

Quite surprised Falkirk have sold so little tickets for this game. Must be their biggest game in a long time as well

Obvious trolling apart, Hearts are just not that much of a big deal around here. Neither is the SC this season I'm afraid.

Our biggest games are the next 14 league games.

34 minutes ago, MariusZaliukas said:

Quite surprised Falkirk have sold so little tickets for this game. Must be their biggest game in a long time as well

It’s a decent distraction but this game really does mean nothing to us, and we’ve got very very little chance of winning. 

It means so little that I think I’d probably prefer a stranraer win on Saturday to a falkirk win - being 6 points behind with east fife next is giving me the fear. 

21 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I've got my ticket but I didn't take my usual ST seat so I reckon that'll be up for resale on Thursday? Daft kick off time, live on the BBC and an expected pummeling doesn't make for a big crowd.

Just got to hope it's one of those days where everything goes right and we sneak through. I always regretted not going to the 3-2 cup game against Rangers at TFS (Mark Millar winner), I thought we'd get pummeled, was midweek and i had work the next day so I gave it a bye. Made a point of not missing these types of games since.

"Had work the next day"?????

Do you need about 14 hours sleep before a shift or something?