Falkirk v Hearts - 8th of Feb

falkirkzombie

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tickets on sale tomorrow for Hearts fans, only £15 which is good pricing.  We are only getting the North stand so what does that hold, about 2000?

Yes just under 2,000. I reckon that will sell out, and there will probably be 4,000-4,500 home fans.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes just under 2,000. I reckon that will sell out, and there will probably be 4,000-4,500 home fans.

We'll definitely sell out, it's already got a loyalty points threshold, can't see it going to a general sale

Definitely a bridge building move by the board to give us both stands, which after recent times seems sensible. Main stand will be about half empty though.

As for the game, hearts will be quite a few levels above anything our gang can handle. At best an awful awful 0-0, most likely 0-2/0-3

Don’t understand the calls for giving Hearts more than the NS. Based on previous matches with the ugly sisters, us selling out the SS & 1/2 of the WS would only give us around 3,900 tickets.

We’ve had that in versus Dumbarton, never mind a high profile cup tie.

Will we sell out almost 6000 tickets? Unlikely but would wager we’ll have a good go at it and as someone said above, 4500-5000 home fans wouldn’t be a shock.

Any money “lost” by not selling an extra 1000 seats will be made back by the TV money. Home support advantage could be a big help on the night.

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don’t understand the calls for giving Hearts more than the NS. Based on previous matches with the ugly sisters, us selling out the SS & 1/2 of the WS would only give us around 3,900 tickets.

This isn’t true. Yes the quoted attendance is that, but it counts all season tickets whether or not they turn up or not. Real figure is a decent amount lower 

This isn’t true. Yes the quoted attendance is that, but it counts all season tickets whether or not they turn up or not. Real figure is a decent amount lower 

So I’m right then? If 4200 is the paying figure versus Dumbarton but 3800 are physically in the stadium, then 4200 is the attendance. I’d be shocked however if hundreds of ST holders don’t turn up on a fortnightly basis.

48 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

So I’m right then? If 4200 is the paying figure versus Dumbarton but 3800 are physically in the stadium, then 4200 is the attendance. I’d be shocked however if hundreds of ST holders don’t turn up on a fortnightly basis.

Nah, you’d be surprised. Hundreds don’t turn up every week. Still think it’s the right decision to keep both stands to ourselves 

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Will we sell out almost 6000 tickets? Unlikely but would wager we’ll have a good go at it and as someone said above, 4500-5000 home fans wouldn’t be a shock.

Any money “lost” by not selling an extra 1000 seats will be made back by the TV money. Home support advantage could be a big help on the night.

According to the website they're are only 6 tickets left for the SS. I can see a mad scramble for main stand tickets once the season ticket deadline is over.

8 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Cant remember the last time the south stand sold out with a week to go before kick off tbh, probably the play offs. Can see us shifting at least 5000 tickets for this one, more than enough to justify giving Hearts the North Stand only 

Don't think we should ever have to justify giving anyone just one stand. That's ~1,900 seats in a stadium that holds 8,000.

We've only got 100 left already after going on sale at 9am.  I thought Falkirk might have fancied the cash and gave us a bit of the main stand as well, but totally understand giving up home advantage isn't really helpful.  Hopefully Falkirk shift 4-5k and it's a good atmosphere.