The Friendship Match. Rangers vs Aberdeen 1st Feb.

McKenna was outstanding, consistency with his talent will see the sheep get close to what they value him at. A long way off the projected 10 million though.

McKenna was excellent. First time in a while he's showed exactly why he's always linked with a move. Was a step ahead of the Rangers attack all game.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Those stats surely cant be true,  not with an experienced ref like Andrew Dallas in charge. 

He must've gotten them wrong. 

Dallas stopping Sevco players putting the ball in the back of the net again? What a c**t eh?

12 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Dallas stopping Sevco players putting the ball in the back of the net again? What a c**t eh?

I never said that.

Just mentioned another posters claim about stats.

That's the last 2 seasons now we've gone into the winter break in a position of strength and utterly fucked it after coming back. 

We've looked so off the pace in the 4 games since the restart.  

Yesterday was that old failing of being absolutely unable to break down a team that's willing to sit and make no attempt at playing football.  And ironically, if it wasn't for McGregor we could easily have lost it. 

It was smart of Aberdeen to have Cosgrove sit with Goldson for the whole game as it forced the ball to Katic to start building the play and his distribution is nowhere near as good as Goldson's.  You saw one of the few times CG played the ball from the back and he played a beautiful ball to Alfie, who should have done better.

Guys like Kamara, Davis, Kent and Aribo have all been well below par as well.  Ive seen folk saying we need to get off Ojo's back, but my heart sinks whenever I see him come on, he offers absolutely nothing and just looks lost. 

Hagi played more forward passes into dangerous areas in the 15 mins he was on that the rest did for the 90, so I'm encouraged by what he briefly got to show. 

I think we're also seeing how important a player Tav is to us.  Whilst we all know his defensive properties aren't fantastic, he is vital to us in how we play going forward. 

I think that whilst the last 2 games against Celtic have shown that we can match and beat them, unfortunately for us, we're fragile again against teams getting in our faces in a way that Celtic aren't. 

I don't think the league is done, but we've no made it so much harder for ourselves. 

ETA: Cosgrove made it through that game without a booking 😂

Edited by KnightswoodBear

It doesn’t bode too well for the rest of the season for Rangers looking at their last two matches in particular. Unable to beat a team who have a real go at them and then the following match unable to beat a team that sit in for spells in the match. Maybe Celtic can learn from Aberdeen and Hearts how not to lose to Rangers.

9 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

I thought Aberdeen played well enough to deserve the point and in fact could have scored a few today.

Pretty low number of attempts though (5?) but some must have been good (not seen the highlights yet)

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It doesn’t bode too well for the rest of the season for Rangers looking at their last two matches in particular. Unable to beat a team who have a real go at them and then the following match unable to beat a team that sit in for spells in the match. Maybe Celtic can learn from Aberdeen and Hearts how not to lose to Rangers.

celtic used those tactics in the cup final tho.

If Aberdeen used those tactics against celtic then maybe they'd get a point or 3.

Anyway we need to wisen up against teams sitting in and stop playing into their hands. 

That's the last 2 seasons now we've gone into the winter break in a position of strength and utterly fucked it after coming back. 
We've looked so off the pace in the 4 games since the restart.  
Yesterday was that old failing of being absolutely unable to break down a team that's willing to sit and make no attempt at playing football.  And ironically, if it wasn't for McGregor we could easily have lost it. 
It was smart of Aberdeen to have Cosgrove sit with Goldson for the whole game as it forced the ball to Katic to start building the play and his distribution is nowhere near as good as Goldson's.  You saw one of the few times CG played the ball from the back and he played a beautiful ball to Alfie, who should have done better.
Guys like Kamara, Davis, Kent and Aribo have all been well below par as well.  Ive seen folk saying we need to get off Ojo's back, but my heart sinks whenever I see him come on, he offers absolutely nothing and just looks lost. 
Hagi played more forward passes into dangerous areas in the 15 mins he was on that the rest did for the 90, so I'm encouraged by what he briefly got to show. 
I think we're also seeing how important a player Tav is to us.  Whilst we all know his defensive properties aren't fantastic, he is vital to us in how we play going forward. 
I think that whilst the last 2 games against Celtic have shown that we can match and beat them, unfortunately for us, we're fragile again against teams getting in our faces in a way that Celtic aren't. 
I don't think the league is done, but we've no made it so much harder for ourselves. 
ETA: Cosgrove made it through that game without a booking [emoji23]

So much bitterness in this post, beautiful.