Blues v Bairns.

Regarding those chips and tatties I've never understood, and never will understand why some people think that supporting a bigger football team or coming from a larger town makes them, in some mysterious way, superior to folk from smaller places who follow wee clubs. Look, if you support Liverpool and I support Gretna that just means that you enjoy a part of your weekend more than I do. If you are one of the 0.5% of Liverpool fans who actually go to see them play it also means that you wake up on Monday morning a lot worse off, financially.

I doubt that the average male from Falkirk is better endowed, cleverer at maths or more appreciative of the arts than one from Stranraer, any more than anyone in Stranraer is superior to people in Kirkcolm or someone from Glasgow in any way better than his equivalent in Falkirk. Since the Bairns are unlikely to attract many glory-hunters it's a reasonable assumption that a lot of them follow the team because they don't have the gumption to try staying somewhere else for a while or to think of anything more fulfilling to do than to travel across the country, stand in the cold, watch their team underperform and then start crowing on a football forum about what country cousins we are in the South West.

Should Falkirk be promoted they will be in the same division as Dundee next season. I'm sure they'll not be best pleased if Dundee's fans take to social media to have a laugh about the Bairns' own three-sided stadium situated in a bare field miles out of town, any more than folk in Dundee enjoy it when the Auld Firm come to town and lord it over them. Falkirk's supporters improved the atmosphere at Stair Park on Saturday by doubling the attendance; it probably made a pleasant change to play a game in a 4-sided ground.

There. I just took the piss out of the Falkirk Stadium. Does that make me feel like the Big Boy in the playground? Perhaps for a second or two, aye.

36 minutes ago, BillyBairn said:

a team coached by Mckinnon would have been less inclined to attack like we did

That's strange. I must have dreamt "a team coached by McKinnon" going to the exact same venue about four months ago, wiping the floor with them and walking away with a 3-0 win.

23 minutes ago, Chalder#1 said:

Regarding those chips and tatties I've never understood, and never will understand why some people think that supporting a bigger football team or coming from a larger town makes them, in some mysterious way, superior to folk from smaller places who follow wee clubs. Look, if you support Liverpool and I support Gretna that just means that you enjoy a part of your weekend more than I do. If you are one of the 0.5% of Liverpool fans who actually go to see them play it also means that you wake up on Monday morning a lot worse off, financially.

I doubt that the average male from Falkirk is better endowed, cleverer at maths or more appreciative of the arts than one from Stranraer, any more than anyone in Stranraer is superior to people in Kirkcolm or someone from Glasgow in any way better than his equivalent in Falkirk. Since the Bairns are unlikely to attract many glory-hunters it's a reasonable assumption that a lot of them follow the team because they don't have the gumption to try staying somewhere else for a while or to think of anything more fulfilling to do than to travel across the country, stand in the cold, watch their team underperform and then start crowing on a football forum about what country cousins we are in the South West.

Should Falkirk be promoted they will be in the same division as Dundee next season. I'm sure they'll not be best pleased if Dundee's fans take to social media to have a laugh about the Bairns' own three-sided stadium situated in a bare field miles out of town, any more than folk in Dundee enjoy it when the Auld Firm come to town and lord it over them. Falkirk's supporters improved the atmosphere at Stair Park on Saturday by doubling the attendance; it probably made a pleasant change to play a game in a 4-sided ground.

There. I just took the piss out of the Falkirk Stadium. Does that make me feel like the Big Boy in the playground? Perhaps for a second or two, aye.

Dens park is a feckin shithole which is why they are looking to move elsewhere. I doubt they would lord it over anyone regarding that to be honest.  And the ground is 1.7 miles from the behind the wall pub hardly the middle of nowhere. I've no problem with smaller clubs. Loads of them seem able to provide decent playing surfaces for professional football to get played on unfortunately some don't for some reason.

17 minutes ago, AGPar said:

That's strange. I must have dreamt "a team coached by McKinnon" going to the exact same venue about four months ago, wiping the floor with them and walking away with a 3-0 win.

Which, unfortunately, was the exception, not the norm.

16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Watch the highlights of that game compared to Saturday. One massive difference the pitch.  In September it was like a bowling green compared to Saturdays dark side of the moon effort.

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've no problem with smaller clubs. Loads of them seem able to provide decent playing surfaces for professional football to get played on unfortunately some don't for some reason.

Stair Park suffers from a climate poorly aligned with the football season, not unlike most Scottish pitches, just more so for its exposed, westerly location. Wet late summers and autumns cause the pitch to take abuse in the early portion of the season, and the dryer season doesn’t start until February. Dumbarton is in a similar climatic position, but has had much more money pumped into it, so it can be done, but just isn’t within the financials of a smaller club. It would be interesting to see if any of the improvements over the years ruined/damaged the drainage of the place, or if it’s always been so boggy.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Stair Park suffers from a climate poorly aligned with the football season, not unlike most Scottish pitches, just more so for its exposed, westerly location. Wet late summers and autumns cause the pitch to take abuse in the early portion of the season, and the dryer season doesn’t start until February. Dumbarton is in a similar climatic position, but has had much more money pumped into it, so it can be done, but just isn’t within the financials of a smaller club. It would be interesting to see if any of the improvements over the years ruined/damaged the drainage of the place, or if it’s always been so boggy.

They're  the classic example of where an artificial pitch should be used surely. I would've thought if the likes of Montrose and Forfar can get them no reason why Stranraer couldnt.

3 hours ago, Chalder#1 said:

I doubt that the average male from Falkirk is better endowed, cleverer at maths or more appreciative of the arts than one from Stranraer,

Admittedly not very good at maths but I did trip over my cock on the way to Kelvingrove Art Gallery once.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They're  the classic example of where an artificial pitch should be used surely. I would've thought if the likes of Montrose and Forfar can get them no reason why Stranraer couldnt.

Sadly the town doesnt give a feck about its fitba team and the PTA at the academy demanded the 3g pitch be put at Stranraer Academy 400yards away along London rd. Love a grass pitch but ours is rotten November to march. That's why in my opinion we should have had a 4g pitch which would mean all our teams south, youths, ladies could have played at stair park. At the moment it struggles with just the 1st team. Bizarrely there are rumours the reserves will be back on it next season due to the 3g at the academy which we look after becoming overused and damaged and not fit for south SOSFL football.

22 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Interesting that on the predictions thread 24 of 25 posters thought we would win. It’s not just Falkirk supporters that expected us to win...

As the only one who thought it would be a draw ( one of my rare correct predictions) I had based it on having seen Stranraer grind out a draw against us last week on plastic, and I thought their home pitch would be a help to them if they worked as hard against Falkirk.  I suspect they might do the same to Raith, and did beat them earlier this season. It's a funny old game ( except when we play Raith)

You see you really don’t get it do you? I’ve no superior feeling over any smaller club, but I’m not going to patronise them by making out their club are better than they are either.

You on the other hand just came out with this long unnecessary diatribe defending smaller clubs supporters. Why?

For me this and all the other jumping up and down that some of your fellow posters come out with (and it’s the same with the majority of other clubs in this division, probably Dumbarton supporters excepted) is just attacking the bigger clubs supporters at any opportunity as you have some form of unnecessary inferiority complex.

Really we don’t care that much, so why bother?[emoji3]

10 hours ago, AGPar said:

Wiping the floor with them is a bit extreme, it was the routine Ray win in being shit but finding yourself up 1-0 then grinding out the 2nd half.  Ray used the bizarre subbing our strike force for a new one which is fine to some extent when you are 3 up but  found out trying it again when looking for a goal the week after against East Fife that its a clueless tactic for a manager who was way out his depth.

The pitch as mentioned was a lottery with the bounces and Stranraer seem to have had a decent transfer window bar our loan obviously to them, but they have drawn their last 4 league games and here's hoping they go one better on Saturday.

21 hours ago, Chalder#1 said:

I don't know what your point is, nor will I listen to it until you have fucking pies ready for a 3 pm kick-off.  

you are the most tedious borin little man I have seen in a while, should be grateful for the navy blue pound and shut up imo.

10 hours ago, sick boy said:

you are the most tedious borin little man I have seen in a while, should be grateful for the navy blue pound and shut up imo.

1 hour ago, Etherglider said:

No he's not. You won that one. And your point about the "Navy Blue Pound", is embarrasing. Not for me, but for you. 

Image result for bazinga"