Blues v Bairns.

Stranraer must make a fortune off the tatties they dug up from the pitch before yesterdays match. Feck me your never going to get a decent game of fitba on that.  Lets not forget that raith actually lost here earlier in the season so it may not turn out as bad a result as it looks.

Or I could point out that they lost their last two home games 2-4 to Forfar and 0-2 to East Fife.
It was an awful result and display yesterday.....

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Or I could point out that they lost their last two home games 2-4 to Forfar and 0-2 to East Fife.
It was an awful result and display yesterday.....

you came down here thinking it would be too easy,if all else fails ,blame the pitch , all the other teams in this division have played on it

football was meant to be played on grass not plastic,instead of excuses , why not just say you were up against a team ,as good as you on the day

5 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

you came down here thinking it would be too easy,if all else fails ,blame the pitch , all the other teams in this division have played on it

football was meant to be played on grass not plastic,instead of excuses , why not just say you were up against a team ,as good as you on the day

Far too reasonable and sensible for some of the Falkirk fanbase in these forums.

8 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

is that because we say as we see it , Not through tinted specs

No. “You came here thinking it would be easy” patter is the mark of the true idiot. Football doesn’t work like that, and the fact you think it does shows how little you know about the game. Also your pitch is an utter disgrace and shows how valuable artificial pitches are. 

Does any of that mean we deserved more than a draw yesterday? Absolutely not 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

No. “You came here thinking it would be easy” patter is the mark of the true idiot. Football doesn’t work like that, and the fact you think it does shows how little you know about the game. Also your pitch is an utter disgrace and shows how valuable artificial pitches are. 

Does any of that mean we deserved more than a draw yesterday? Absolutely not 

truth hurts sometimes,get over it

To say you were as good as us on the day ain’t through tinted specs?

You got a draw however had you lost you really could have had little to complain about.

We were stinking but IMO should have won.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Stranraer must make a fortune off the tatties they dug up from the pitch before yesterdays match. Feck me your never going to get a decent game of fitba on that.  Lets not forget that raith actually lost here earlier in the season so it may not turn out as bad a result as it looks.

Pars lost also in the cup where by the highlights, Stranraer were quite comfortable in their win

1 hour ago, monthe blues said:

So you think the pitch yesterday screams total football playing field ?

Longridge struggled big style when he came on with being someone who likes to dribble and run with the ball, the occasion he took the ball in smoothly from a pass with his touch so that he could run with it that came to an end in 2-3 yards due the ball taking various direction changes in that short time from the surface.

The alleged Arbroath scout report on our strikers tho still is 100% correct tho and might be our downfall

Are you completely stupid? Of course we should.
Interesting that on the predictions thread 24 of 25 posters thought we would win. It’s not just Falkirk supporters that expected us to win...

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you completely stupid? Of course we should.
Interesting that on the predictions thread 24 of 25 posters thought we would win. It’s not just Falkirk supporters that expected us to win...

I reckon that would've been different if any of them had seen the surface. To be honest its possibly the poorest ive seen at a pro club for quite some time.  Dont think stranraer have won an away game so far this season so that tells you everything.

18 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

No way , this league must be won before last two games 

Just noting that to do so would require Falkirk to gain 7 more points than Raith over the remaining 12 games before the last match at TFS. There is one head-to-head that reduces that to 4 points from 11 games, if Falkirk wins...but can make it either 7 or 10 more from 11 with a draw or loss at Stark’s Park. There’s certainly a chance that Raith or Falkirk will have wrapped the League by the end of April, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

The remaining games for both Raith and Falkirk are pretty evenly matched, with a tilt toward teams at the lower end of the table...and unfortunately for us, until recently, we’ve played better against the top of the table than the bottom, while you have done the opposite. We can debate the shite league patter all we want, but it certainly keeps things interesting on the table and the pitch, and at least the gap between the contenders and the relegation playoff fight is starting to open a bit.

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I reckon that would've been different if any of them had seen the surface. To be honest its possibly the poorest ive seen at a pro club for quite some time.  Dont think stranraer have won an away game so far this season so that tells you everything.

Actually, it disnae. The pitch is in poor condition mainly because it's had lots of rain on it, but give me a grass pitch over plastic any day. That Stranraer haven't won an away match tells no-one anything except that we don't defend very well; we can lose anywhere, at any time, regardless of the surface. We are a small town part-time club with no delusions of grandeur. It may be a disgrace for Falkirk to be in this division but for us it represents success. 

When I lived in England I used to watch Sheffield United in the 3rd division and usually enjoyed myself, except at away matches where the fans adopted an annoying attitude of smugness and superiority over the wee clubs they used to play against, like Fleetwood or Port Vale. I never liked it then and I don't like it from Falkirk now. I'm grateful that so many Bairns turned up to double our usual attendance and most of them were perfectly fine, but as usual it's the keyboard dunderheids that are giving it large. 

8 minutes ago, Chalder#1 said:

Actually, it disnae. The pitch is in poor condition mainly because it's had lots of rain on it, but give me a grass pitch over plastic any day. That Stranraer haven't won an away match tells no-one anything except that we don't defend very well; we can lose anywhere, at any time, regardless of the surface. We are a small town part-time club with no delusions of grandeur. It may be a disgrace for Falkirk to be in this division but for us it represents success. 

When I lived in England I used to watch Sheffield United in the 3rd division and usually enjoyed myself, except at away matches where the fans adopted an annoying attitude of smugness and superiority over the wee clubs they used to play against, like Fleetwood or Port Vale. I never liked it then and I don't like it from Falkirk now. I'm grateful that so many Bairns turned up to double our usual attendance and most of them were perfectly fine, but as usual it's the keyboard dunderheids that are giving it large. 

This is absolutely moronic 

You'd think the pitch was on the moon or something.

The surface isn't good, but it's a grass pitch in winter, certainly bobbly and mushy in patches but not unplayable. Teams have been playing on much worse for years.

As for plastic, I'm sure the surface at Falkirk is a bowling green but I've seen more sh*te games at the likes of Airdrie etc than I care to remember.

With average crowds ten times that of Stranraer and a budget to match, you should be able to adapt.

You didn't.

Edited by Moonball

2 minutes ago, Moonball said:

The surface isn't good, but it's a grass pitch in winter, certainly bobbly and mushy in patches but not unplayable. Teams have been playing on much worse for years.

As for plastic, I'm sure the surface at Falkirk is a bowling green but I've seen more sh*te games at the likes of Airdrie etc than I care to remember.

With average crowds ten times that of Stranraer and a budget to match, you should be able to adapt.

You didn't.

Do you lot not read anything we actually say? Like talking to a brick wall. Must be something in the water down there 

You didn't.

The only people disagreeing with you are fellow Stranraer fans looking for something to feed the chips on their overburdened shoulders....

Nothing is better than a good quality grass pitch. Unfortunately they are few and far between in scotland. Even ibrox looks a mess going by the tv pictures from yesterday. Until theres enough cash in scottish football to produce pitches like the epl then plastic will always have huge advantages up here.

16 hours ago, Chalder#1 said:

Actually, it disnae. The pitch is in poor condition mainly because it's had lots of rain on it, but give me a grass pitch over plastic any day.

Any day? You seriously think a grass pitch, rutted, full of holes and marshy in places is better for playing on than artificial?

I don't think you do.

A good grass pitch is better than artificial - nobody disagrees. You didn't have a good grass pitch on Saturday. 

On 01/02/2020 at 19:41, AGPar said:

Are you still going to be blaming McKinnon when we are losing games in 2030?

At no point did i blame McKinnon for the performance, I simply stated that the team had played (IMO) poorly, akin to performances under him. 

Yes, If the team has a bad game in 2030, I might still compare it to a McKinnon performance. If the shoe fits.

I hope it was just a bad day at the office, and on reflection, we did create some chances (a team coached by Mckinnon would have been less inclined to attack like we did). That tattie field that passed for a pitch probably did hamper our silky smooth passing, but it was the same for them. 

Still unbeaten under M&M, and many twists and turns still to come.