Blues v Bairns.

If ball had not taken a deflection and we had picked up your man at the back post, you would have not scored either.

Other than the absolute sitter we missed 2nd half

Wasn’t like a McKinnon performance imho, don’t think the pitch helped us at all.

Buchanan has to be dropped, he’s just not good enough, Durnans not great but I really think Buchanan is costing us.

Both teams missed a sitter each. Can’t understand why McMillan keeps getting game time, he’s brought utterly nothing to the team.

Left back cover and someone up with McManus is needed, whether that be LL and we bring in another winger, get it sorted plz x

I think a lot of folk are forgetting that, despite a reasonably promising start, Miller and McCracken are still inexperienced managers and will make mistakes, and the team will have bad days.

I'm hoping today was one of those days, and nothing more.

Interesting to hear M&M appraisal of what seems a well below par performance, wasn’t there today or seen FTV. Looking at the four top end teams, and  how bad we’ve been, even with the M&M coming in,  we’re still in a strong position. Forget Hearts game, our next cup final is on Tuesday 

What’s happening on Tuesday? ...

The pitch was a massive leveller today. Churned up really badly to the point where the bobbling ball was quite comical at times

Thought we played ok in spells but Stranraer were right up for it and the 2nd half was basically one big battle.

To make matters worse I thought the ref was really harsh on us today, including buying a couple of absolute swan dives from Stranraer players, one of which he then booked McManus for complaining about.

Perhaps we were complacent at 1-0 as Stranraer weren't troubling us at all and hadn't scored in the 3 previous games against us this season

Having Gomis and Miller in the middle of the park together is too negative for me, I'd play one or the other and have them next to someone with a bit of drive.

A draw is a disappointing result but if Todd had stuck his chance away (it looked harder to miss...which is exactly what he did) I think we'd have gone home happy with the 3 points and a good afternoons work

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

No way , this league must be won before last two games 

With our inability to beat the other three teams in the top four, and a honking Clyde team, it would be a very brave man who would bet on us not needing to win our last two games. In fact, three of our next four games are against teams we haven't beaten this season, so we will have a much clearer picture at 9.45pm on 3rd of March. W cannot afford any more performances like today.

3 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

And what was with the fucking sheep noises BTW. Stranraer fans, explain yourselves.

I contacted the club and asked them to investigate. At h/t they attempted to find out and apparently it was some numpties ringtone on their phone. After they found out they warned the individual and it was only heard once in 2and half. Was really annoying. Btw Falkirktv guys are ever so slightly biased getting onto rangerstv standards. One of them at end even said stranraer fans celebrating as if they had won the cup. Well correct me if I'm wrong we are bottom of the league needing every point going and to get one against a falkirk side pushing for promotion is a great result. Give us a break.

Btw Falkirktv guys are ever so slightly biased getting onto rangerstv standards. One of them at end even said stranraer fans celebrating as if they had won the cup. Well correct me if I'm wrong we are bottom of the league needing every point going and to get one against a falkirk side pushing for promotion is a great result. Give us a break.

Aye we know. Talk so much pish.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The pitch was a massive leveller today. Churned up really badly to the point where the bobbling ball was quite comical at times

Thought we played ok in spells but Stranraer were right up for it and the 2nd half was basically one big battle.

To make matters worse I thought the ref was really harsh on us today, including buying a couple of absolute swan dives from Stranraer players, one of which he then booked McManus for complaining about.

Perhaps we were complacent at 1-0 as Stranraer weren't troubling us at all and hadn't scored in the 3 previous games against us this season

Having Gomis and Miller in the middle of the park together is too negative for me, I'd play one or the other and have them next to someone with a bit of drive.

A draw is a disappointing result but if Todd had stuck his chance away (it looked harder to miss...which is exactly what he did) I think we'd have gone home happy with the 3 points and a good afternoons work

Old one that but agree the heavy pitch brought us down to Falkirks level.

14 hours ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Unless we win next week at Stranraer then it will change everything :)

Titles won in Feb......oooooooh

Pitch was a massive leveller today but if Miller is anywhere near able to give us 25-30 mins, today was the day and avoid us trying to keep it on the deck.

The subs were wrong today for me too, if it wasn't gonna be Miller, I'd have took McMillan off for Longridge to play up top, the Telfer sub was baffling.

It's a bad result but not a total disaster

Stranraer must make a fortune off the tatties they dug up from the pitch before yesterdays match. Feck me your never going to get a decent game of fitba on that.  Lets not forget that raith actually lost here earlier in the season so it may not turn out as bad a result as it looks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Best of it is some of the locals were wanting the south team on it as well. Can only imagine what it will be like next season if the rumours are correct that they will be back on SP. Not actually groundsmans fault. It's the drainage and soil. Just pure clay that holds the water making it a bobbly mudbath. What didnt help the game was the strong wind as well.

16 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

As BPM, Buchanan and Durnan are hopeless. Why Hall wasn’t selected is beyond me. Miller was absolutely terrible from start to finish. What a wasted trip for one of the worst performances of the season.

Too many tired legs on a treacle like pitch. I would've gone back to last saturdays side that pumped forfar. Gomis 34 and miller 32 looked leggy after a tough game on tues i wouldve given at least one of them a break today.

5 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Best of it is some of the locals were wanting the south team on it as well. Can only imagine what it will be like next season if the rumours are correct that they will be back on SP. Not actually groundsmans fault. It's the drainage and soil. Just pure clay that holds the water making it a bobbly mudbath. What didnt help the game was the strong wind as well.

Dont get me wrong its the same for both sides but it must be tough watching games on that every other week.