Irvine Meadow manager resigns

king Henrik7

I know there was a benevolent fundraising event held in November with long term injured players getting significant sums of cash each to help them out.

Sorry to see McGinty leave as we had continued to improve each year and players all gave 100% effort, even at the weekend against Kello you couldn't fault the effort just one of those days and unfortunate it was in the Scottish Cup against lower league opposition. If we take one of our chances or ref gives our last minute goal then McGinty would probably want to stay on for at least the replay...

Depends what's in their contracts I suppose

I think (not 100% sure) there's a section on the standard contract that says if a player can't fulfill the obligations of the contract then fines/withheld pay is ok etc. Would need to check.

ETA: yep, just checked. Condition 5 "The player shall have no claim for wages for any period in which he is unable to implement the obligations undertaken hereunder"

So a standard part of all non league (Inc junior) contracts lodged with the SFA

Whether it is morally right or wrong is for others to debate, but it looks like legally it is covered in the contract.

5 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

Fair play to kello it was a brilliant result but you are miles off the mark lf you think that’s the reason Mcginty left

It doesn’t look like the reason but it may have brought about some straight talking.

"Irvine Meadow today can confirm Colin Spence and James Latta are confirmed as our caretaker management team"

Best of luck to them both. Lot of experience and contacts in the Junior game and lot of trophies between them too. I am sure all our squad will be giving 100% for them too.

How many ex Talbot players as managers in West Region now? Must be at least 4 or 5? Lot of them will have learned a lot from Tucker.

Much as I understand your smugness, not an unexpected result.  I thought Buffs deserved the win, but 3 0 not an accurate reflection of the game. 

A tough week for us after Scottish Cup exit and managerial resignation and some internal issues regarding payment to injured players, now resolved. 

A gift of a goal in the first minute, followed by handball sending off after 20 mins. More than held our own with 10 men until second goal from a simple punt up the park. Third goal in last minute. 

No reflection on potential new management team who both had to play due to our injury problems. 

I agree with that. Buffs deserved to win but didn’t think there was too much between the teams. Agnew was the standout.

Was surprised by the lack of atmosphere at the game today. You could hear a pin drop when the buffs scored.

I agree with that. Buffs deserved to win but didn’t think there was too much between the teams. Agnew was the standout.

Was surprised by the lack of atmosphere at the game today. You could hear a pin drop when the buffs scored.
Kilwinning have had been on a great run, so not really a shock result

Thought medda were the better team in the first half even though they were a goal down second half not much between the two teams Spence getting sent off didn't seem to affect medda and yes it was never a 3.0 game crowd was a bit flat today not much atmosphere for a local derby.

8 hours ago, IMX1 said:

Seemed to be more Medda fans at the game than buffs.

First visit over to the the new ground, not overly impressed, saying that it is work in progress so will no doubt improve.

Not overly impressed. Yawn.

Medda fans and committee were saying the same when we won at Medda Park. 

Rome wasn’t built in a day.