Forfar v Clyde

5 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:
56 minutes ago, TheBigGuy said:
Can't do it all on his own every week. He is playing in a 'average' team. 

Not a team captain. That needs to change. Look at Rankin shouting like fk when he came on. That's the leadership required of a captain.

I would agree with that.

I don't think we've played any more poorly this season, notwithstanding that we only lost by a goal. We were really very bad and worryingly so. With our sole, isolated centre forward we were neither set up to take the game to Forfar nor did we seem very motivated in going about out business. In fact, in some players cases, perhaps we even lacked a little fitness. I'm thinking of Wylde, Love and Cuddihy there.

Steven Doris was the man of the match today. Outstanding hold up play. Lovely set up for Forfar's second. But even without Doris to bounce it off of, Forfar would've managed to boss the midfield. They totally outcompeted Grant, Cuddihy, Lamont and latterly Rankin in there today. Very sturdy in defence too, all big and reasonably fit looking lads. I think the fitness of the young players they've brought in on loan, plus the experience of a player like Doris should improve them, at least so that they'll start picking up a few more points at home. Something that should worry us.

An optimist might think we'd a lazy eye on the Celtic game. I hope that was the case, anyway. But the realist in me thinks Celtic will thrash us next Sunday because we don't have a reliable plan A for league matches any longer, never mind a plan to keep the best side in the country from scoring for fun. Getting over a doing isn't easy, and our next three league fixtures couldn't be any more difficult. Like I say, all a bit worrying.

Guest bernardblack
How's Doris treating youse so far? He will be an Arbroath hall of famer without a doubt. Wishing him all the best at Forfar 

He had a really good game today, lovely few touches as well. Hopefully Hilson has a good run at Arbroath [emoji1303]

22 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

How's Doris treating youse so far? He will be an Arbroath hall of famer without a doubt. Wishing him all the best at Forfar 

I wasn't at Falkirk last week so can only judge him on today. He was impressive with his skill, positioning and work rate. He totally ran out of steam but that's forgivable and understandable.

"Youse", is that an actual word?

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

I wasn't at Falkirk last week so can only judge him on today. He was impressive with his skill, positioning and work rate. He totally ran out of steam but that's forgivable and understandable.

"Youse", is that an actual word?

With game time he will improve, common factor into his game play throughout the years. 

as for the "youse" I'm fairly new to technology and trying to be down with the kids, me and Samsung predictive wording don't always see eye to eye 👍🏻

Defence was honking today. Don't know if lennon can't find a lb to sign or he doesn't see mcniff is absolutely dog shit. 

Forfar exploited our poor defence and we're the better team all day minus the first 10 of the second half. Honking from Clyde. Stewards wanks. Pie was class and cheap nice one

2 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

With game time he will improve, common factor into his game play throughout the years. 

as for the "youse" I'm fairly new to technology and trying to be down with the kids, me and Samsung predictive wording don't always see eye to eye 👍🏻

Yeah, he'll only get better, I actually thought he was as good as Hilson if not better than Dale has been this season and hopefully not a hypochondriac like Hilly.

Excuse me but I'm a grammar nazi who will never change, I could reply to about every post on P&B though 😂 but the whole yous/youse/use instead of you thing does my head in....

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Yeah, he'll only get better, I actually thought he was as good as Hilson if not better than Dale has been this season and hopefully not a hypochondriac like Hilly.

Excuse me but I'm a grammar nazi who will never change, I could reply to about every post on P&B though 😂 but the whole yous/youse/use instead of you thing does my head in....

Nah he will battle on and always give 100%.

On paper I'm a grammar nazi on the world web web it's a different story 😂

Darren Smith really impressing me recently. Wasn't a fan when he was being played as a striker but he has defo found his place on the wing. Good burst of pace and deliveries a good ball in most of the time. Him and Johnston on the wings with goody in the middle is the way to go imo

1 minute ago, TamClyde said:

Darren Smith really impressing me recently. Wasn't a fan when he was being played as a striker but he has defo found his place on the wing. Good burst of pace and deliveries a good ball in most of the time. Him and Johnston on the wings with goody in the middle is the way to go imo

Works his baws aff does Darren Smith. Not the best technically but him and Johnstone offered much more today than either winger in the first 45.

We were absolutely shite, Forfar deserved that today. Kirkpatrick is a great wee player, was outstanding for us a few years ago, would happily take him back. 

Tried the Bridie and it was rotten! Dunfermlines Steak Bridies definitely the best in Scotland. 

Surprised at people saying Station Park is shite, I really like it! Close to the pitch, terracing right round the pitch and a decent wee atmosphere within it, albeit only from the away support. 

Another write off and unfortunately with Airdrie and Raith away followed by Falkirk at home after the Celtic game. It could be a long couple of weeks watching what Stranraer Forfar and Peterhead are up to. Our failure to beat they likes of those teams is worrying. 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo