Livi v Motherwell

6 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I wouldn't have said we are the high scoring type either but I also wouldn't have said Livingston are. Turns out you are 3rd top scorers in the division on 35 with us one behind on 34.

So, goalless draw then?

Good shout, as we've also the joint least conceded goals at home with Sevco, only conceded 5 goals in 11 league games at home this season. We hadn't scored a lot of goals at home either until recently, most of our goals were in away games, where we also conceded a lot more. We'd only scored 4 goals in 7 home games, however we've had an explosion of goal scoring form and have netted 10 times without reply in our last 4 home games. 

So on recent form It looks like we'll see us scoring a goal/goals, will Motherwell be the team to break our run of 5 home games keeping clean sheets, come along and find out this Saturday!!!!

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:
That was a cracking finish, really enjoyed it.
Two teams in form, us without any strikers but playing well, Livi's attacking play looking good but a bit up and down defensively, stick on 0-0, with a lot of bleating from both sets of fans regarding the pitch. 
That said, we haven't won in Livingston on league duty since 2006, which obviously sounds more mental than it is (we've only been there twice), but still.

Don't think you'll hear any bleating about the pitch from those of a Livi persuasion.

We've not been up and down defensively at home either, with the joint best defensive home record in the league. It's our away form that'd been down in terms of conceding goals.

Quite impressive when you take into account the amount of changes in defence we've had this season. As far as I can recollect, we've had;

5 different RB's (Odoffin, Jacobs, McMillan, Devlin, Lawson).

3 different keepers (Stewart, Sarkic, McCrorie).*

6 CB's, with Guthrie being the only one that has played in every game (Lithgow, Lamie, Pepe, McMillan, and now Brown have all partnered him).

4 different LB's (Lamie, McMillan ATS, and I think Sevane also played).

Hardly the recipe for having a settled defence to keep clean sheets and a good home defensive record, but it somehow has.

*Schofield has yet to play a league game or it would've been 4 keepers, his debut was Raith in the cup to then be replaced by McCrorie due to an injury.

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've not been up and down defensively at home either, with the joint best defensive home record in the league. It's our away form that'd been down in terms of conceding goals.

Fair play, hadn't clocked that it'd been on the road you'd struggled to keep folk out.

I'm curious how McCrorie gets on at Livi. There's no stand-out and obvious follow-ups to the current generation of national keepers and McCrorie seems to have followed a very sensible path development-wise. Would it be fair to say he struggled a bit against Accies? Understandable given his youth, but the highlights certainly had a few flaps which seemed uncharacteristic from what I've seen.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Fair play, hadn't clocked that it'd been on the road you'd struggled to keep folk out.

I'm curious how McCrorie gets on at Livi. There's no stand-out and obvious follow-ups to the current generation of national keepers and McCrorie seems to have followed a very sensible path development-wise. Would it be fair to say he struggled a bit against Accies? Understandable given his youth, but the highlights certainly had a few flaps which seemed uncharacteristic from what I've seen.

He's got good players in front of him helping him out right enough, guys that throw themselves in front of shots same as Gallagher and Halkett did for us last season, but looks promising. He had an outstanding debut against St Johnstone at home, but yep, had a couple of shaky moments away to Accies, was solid enough for the most part though, hopefully he learns from things like that and it helps him improve his game.

I’ve not really see much between Livi, Aberdeen and Motherwell in the head to head games this year. Hoping it’s not a whimpering defeat and I don’t expect that from us especially not at home. Might be first (and only) goal wins this one and you guys have certainly come out the traps against us at least at Fir Park the last few games.
Looking forward to this one!

Edited by crispy

11 hours ago, crispy said:

I’ve not really see much between Livi, Aberdeen and Motherwell in the head to head games this year. Hoping it’s not a whimpering defeat and I don’t expect that from us especially not at home. Might be first (and only) goal wins this one and you guys have certainly come out the traps against us at least at Fir Park the last few games.
Looking forward to this one!

Livi will have to be up for this.Well have improved so much recently and will be tough opponents.Anything other than a defeat would do for me,but we are at home and have a bit of momentum so who knows.Hopefully its a cracker between to in form teams.Mon the Lions.🦁 

This is a big one for us in the race for 3rd. With Aberdeen down at Ibrox on Saturday we are likely to finish the day 7 points clear in 3rd if we can sneak a win.

This will be a tough one though. Livi are on a great run and Dykes, Lawless, Pittman and Sibbald seem to all be playing well at the minute.

Expect it to be a fairly tight game with Livi’s home record, our fairly solid defence, and our good away record. Most of our games at the Tony Mac are fairly low scoring if I remember right too.

Hopefully Chris Long is back fit for this one as he is without doubt our biggest goal threat at the minute. Hylton played in the reserves on Monday so I’m assuming he’ll be okay for this one too.

Hoping for a win but wouldn’t be overly disappointed with a draw.

1-2 ; Lawless for Livi, Long and Scott for ‘Well.

Kenny Miller to circle the stadium in the biplane he flew in WWI, repeatedly strafing the Livi defence. 'Well to take advantage of the distraction to sneak a late goal through the sea of bullets.

1-0 to us.

3 hours ago, dezz said:

This is a big one for us in the race for 3rd. With Aberdeen down at Ibrox on Saturday we are likely to finish the day 7 points clear in 3rd if we can sneak a win.

Important point this, we do have Timmy on Wednesday though so I wouldn't expect us to get anything out of that. Nonetheless we need to try and get points on the board before that match. I suspect Aberdeen are going to improve with some more signings possibly to come. They certainly can't be much worse.

I expect it to be a pish game, a header from a set piece or something to win it. Hopefully it's not as bad as the meeting earlier in the season there.

It will be interesting to see what we do up front if Long is up front, Mazinga a possibility perhaps

2 hours ago, nsr said:

Kenny Miller to circle the stadium in the biplane he flew in WWI, repeatedly strafing the Livi defence. 'Well to take advantage of the distraction to sneak a late goal through the sea of bullets.

1-0 to us.

Trailing a big banner like it's Tynecastle #ANNOUNCETONY