QP v Cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Queens scored a great goal against Cowden at CP some years ago.Can't remember who it was but it was from the halfway line. Hope that isn't repeated today.

Stuart Kettlewell straight after you had equalised in our last win at Central Park. Unless I'm getting my games mixed up he was sent off later for swearing at the ref!

Smashing win today and about time we got a result against Cowdenbeath. Once again Willie Muir has saved us at the death. Get him signed as soon as possible for next season! 
Gutted to see Slater pull his hamstring as he looked the part in short appearance. Hopefully it’s not too serious although it didn’t look great I must say. All the new players played well, especially MacLean who I really think is going to be a star player for us, with 2 man of the match performances in 2 games. Extremely quick and direct which is something we’re not blessed with. Massive game next week against an inform Stirling, should be a belter 

The short while Slater was on he ran the show. Stand out.
Defence looks solid again with Jamieson back, and what looks like a settled back line already. I liked the look of Doig, and I agree McLean is a smart piece of business for us. Davidson and Morrison look promising, and hopefully back up for Joffrey and Purdue.

Cowden have a good defence and can't see them concede too many, but baffled by their tactics. We looked a bit ragged when they changed shape and applied some urgency.

Willie saves the points again.

Great three points with a bit of everything. Some decent stuff, a good goal, some huge chances missed and a couple of big let offs. Late Wullie Muir saves have probably gained us five points in the last four games. 

Slater's cameo was real instant impact stuff and the rest of the new guys did well. No the typical flair performance, but I thought David Galt put in a helluva shift and set up the goal as well. Sal was putting himself about and could have had a couple on another day as well. Looked solid enough at the back as well, albeit ended up camped in a bit as tends to happen defending a narrow lead. 

Ten points from the opening four games is an outstanding return. I expect bumps in the road along the way, but we can get better. Really, really pleased with that, today. 

We really looked the part. Slater will be immense for us. Hope his injury isn't too bad. What a difference the new personnel made. Gave a good indication of the shape of things to come. Hung on a bit at the end but Willie had his best game of the season for me. Not taking away from McLean but I would have had Willie as MoM. Bring them on.

Morrison - not too impressed after that debut. Sure he’ll grow on me as he finds his place and confidence grows. I do think Joffrey could do a better job in there. See how it goes.

Davidson - I like this lad a lot. I thought he done well when he came on last week and he looked good again today. Sharper than his partner, Morrison, in midfield.

Slater - He looked the real deal today. The full dynamic of the game shifted when he left. Purdue should be aiming to get to his level as he gets older. Hopefully he’s not out for too long.

Maclean- Super direct and capable player. Looked shattered by the 70th minute tho. Hopefully his fitness gets better.

Nicky & Grant - Both looked excellent together. Grant is a real voice and Nicky just strolls every game he plays. Especially after being out.

Big shout to Willie. Absolutely outstanding.

I thought Sal was poor. He could have scored at least 2 today. Hopefully just a one off.

Overall, class win against a team I don’t like playing. I’m sure the boys will only improve together. Great 3 points today. Well done Queens [emoji835]️[emoji836]️

It was a toss-up between Wuilie and Nicky for MotM for me. Super performance from Wullie and again proved his worth with shot-stopping but his windmill routine just before half-time almost cost us. Jamieson was seamless the whole game. Again.

Slater was the one who really looks like he can make a difference to a game and it was remarkable how quickly things turned when he left the field. Looking forward to seeing more of hime. And Davidson looks like one of those quiet guys who always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Great additions, both. MacLean too but I’d like to see him having a pop sometimes too but lovely crosser. Also impressed with young Doig at LB. looked keen to get forward as much as possible.

Plenty for McKinnon still to improve on but given our awful record this was a decent win, lovely goal, 3 very welcome points and a lift up the table. Good day out.

How good is Jamieson. Been outstanding this season, you can see how much more comfortable the defence was with him back from injury. Him and Grant could form a fairly formidable partnership if they stay injury free

Fair play, we were all over the place in the 1st half, even when we had on the ball, thought the big centre half for Queens Park strolled it, not sure his name, we did look lot better in the 2nd half, when we used the full of the pitch, Herd & Morrison should be in the middle for us, i respect Kyle Miller but whats he offering us up the park & hes the same type of player as Morrison, last 30 minutes we looked different side, had our chances but giving that dodgy first half performance , i can't complain about the 1-0 today, Thought Craig Barr done well for us, considering that, the valentine boy shouldn't have been on for us, some of his positioning was crazy at times, Herd & Renton , definitely offered us something in 2nd half, our final ball at times, is such a let down, need to be quicker with it & not just punting it either, hopefully we get good result next week

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Great three points with a bit of everything. Some decent stuff, a good goal, some huge chances missed and a couple of big let offs. Late Wullie Muir saves have probably gained us five points in the last four games. 

Slater's cameo was real instant impact stuff and the rest of the new guys did well. No the typical flair performance, but I thought David Galt put in a helluva shift and set up the goal as well. Sal was putting himself about and could have had a couple on another day as well. Looked solid enough at the back as well, albeit ended up camped in a bit as tends to happen defending a narrow lead. 

Ten points from the opening four games is an outstanding return. I expect bumps in the road along the way, but we can get better. Really, really pleased with that, today. 

Great start under McKinnon and Ellis, new signings will improve and also help existing players improve, slaters cameo and control showed type of football the team will be playing, not sure McLean for mom maybe should have been Muir, Jamieson or Grant held team together in last 10, moore and joffrey failed late fitness tests, 

9 minutes ago, Shoogs73 said:

Great start under McKinnon and Ellis, new signings will improve and also help existing players improve, slaters cameo and control showed type of football the team will be playing, not sure McLean for mom maybe should have been Muir, Jamieson or Grant held team together in last 10, moore and joffrey failed late fitness tests, 

Slater looked like a classic hammy pull. Expect him to be missing a while.