QP v Cowdenbeath

I always leave Cowdenbeath games thinking “they’re no that good, we should do better” but we rarely do. Cowdenbeath deserve to be in 3rd spot because they’re an extremely tricky side to play against, especially away!

Hopefully at Hampden we can play some nice football. We’re scoring lots from open play which is extremely good. Although, adding more goals from set plays would make us a serious threat. I’d like to think Peter Grant has a goal or 2 in his locker from set plays.

The 3 new boys played very well on Saturday. I expect Davidson to start this time. As they learn more from their teams and vice versa, I’m sure the solid wins will start.

Let’s not forget, super Ray has yet to lose in the league.

Tough battle as always but I fancy a QP 2-1 win.

Not winning these sort of games has been a major issue. We're likely to have new players in as well, so it's even tougher to say how it'll go. Thought MacLean did well on Saturday and the other new boys did OK as well. 

Cowden are streetwise and won't shirk a battle. We're going to have to be on our game to get a positive result. Second half on Saturday was an improvement from a diabolical first 45, but I still think we could have played better. Like most games in this league, it's really down to who shows up on the day. 

17 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If we get promoted and you don't, yes.

We are scheduled to be playing at Hampden until December, SFA foibles permitting.

Is that definite? I thought you were out by early August.

This will be a difficult game and one which could define the rest of our season. It could depend on any signings this week to allow for a competent central back three to take to the field. Sadly Foy has not cut it and Little has been off form of late although I would rather see him at the back than Foy. Perhaps Davidson could make up the trio. Would really like to see Finnie at full back but that leaves us with no midfield strength. A midfield general would be welcome. Hard to predict but would like a home win 1-0.

3 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

This will be a difficult game and one which could define the rest of our season. It could depend on any signings this week to allow for a competent central back three to take to the field. Sadly Foy has not cut it and Little has been off form of late although I would rather see him at the back than Foy. Perhaps Davidson could make up the trio. Would really like to see Finnie at full back but that leaves us with no midfield strength. A midfield general would be welcome. Hard to predict but would like a home win 1-0.

Jamieson must be close to coming back. Davidson looked comfortable where he was on Saturday. Would definitely have Finnie paired up against Cox. 

Our real problem against Cowden has been the lack of goals. I'd like to invite a Cowden fan to put some detail on that for us. 

22 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Can someone please list the best/roughest pubs in the Hampden area please (or even a specific area with a few pubs close to each other). Florida Park type boozers are encouraged.

Depends on your definition of rough. McNeills, Neesons and The Hampden Bar in Govanhill have that certain charm, though. All within walking distance of each other and Hampden. To maximise drinking time, you can jump on the 1441 Neilston train from Queen's Park to Mount Florida (fare dodging encouraged) which is only a three minute journey. That might leave you time for a quick one in the social club as well. 

The Bell Jar is a decent shop with a good selection of beers and a more hipsterish crowd. Queen's Park Cafe and Victoria Bar are proper decent locals and The Allison Arms and Rum Shack offer a wee bit of variety as well. All close to QP Station. 

Edited by an86

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

Depends on your definition of rough. McNeills, Neesons and The Hampden Bar in Govanhill have that certain charm, though. All within walking distance of each other and Hampden. To maximise drinking time, you can jump on the 1441 Neilston train from Queen's Park to Mount Florida (fare dodging encouraged) which is only a three minute journey. That might leave you time for a quick one in the social club as well. 

The Bell Jar is a decent shop with a good selection of beers and a more hipsterish crowd. Queen's Park Cafe and Victoria Bar are proper decent locals and The Allison Arms and Rum Shack offer a wee bit of variety as well. All close to QP Station. 

Googled it and that looks a great shout. Will do just that. 

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

Googled it and that looks a great shout. Will do just that. 

Govanhill gets a massively unfair rap, but it's actually a cracking area for a wee crawl. Got a bit of everything. Wouldn't necessarily be strolling into Neesons in a blue, white and red scarf, right enough!

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Cowden home form - won 9, drawn 1, lost 1

away form - only won 2 tho one of them was Queen’s Park. The odds are not in our favour unless we can sort the away form. 

Oh for a home record like that.......

Just the 3 wins for us 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

It was 0-3 last time at Hampden if I remember right. Not to be biased, but I honestly don’t see that happening again. I’ll wager that’s your best away win of the season?

Sort of

we beat stenny 0-3 the week before we humped you lot. 
so that week was our away form so far !

15 hours ago, PELE said:

Is that definite? I thought you were out by early August.

Nope. SFA take over ownership of Hampden in August but the deal is we can play there 'til the end of December if Lesser isn't ready.

Lesser won't be ready by August, not even started work on it yet. The plan is we'll be there by January 2021

17 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

It was 0-3 last time at Hampden if I remember right. Not to be biased, but I honestly don’t see that happening again. I’ll wager that’s your best away win of the season?

As long as we get the team lines correct this time then we've got a chance.