East Fife v Dumbarton 01/02/2020

13 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Neill hasn't looked particularly good at any level emoji1787.png

Neill is fine at this level. Sure he has some bad moments, but he's pretty much the definition of a League 1 defender. I suppose he'll always look a bit dodgy when he's up against Barcelona... :lol:

We done well to get ourselves back into yesterday but I felt Duffy waited too long to make changes, we really needed Jai's pace on earlier. Other than bundling the ball back to Jones after some hilarious defending McCluskey was largely wasteful and if it wasn't for Forbes having a bit of a stinker he'd have been first to be hooked. Think it's clear from the second half though that Duffy wants to move to a 442, and by the looks of it wants to use McKee wide in that scenario. I'm unsure there.

Players obviously need time now but we don't have much of it. It's a long way to 4th now but we need to be sure we aren't dragged into the fight to avoid 9th.

Neill is fine at this level. Sure he has some bad moments, but he's pretty much the definition of a League 1 defender. I suppose he'll always look a bit dodgy when he's up against Barcelona... :lol:
We done well to get ourselves back into yesterday but I felt Duffy waited too long to make changes, we really needed Jai's pace on earlier. Other than bundling the ball back to Jones after some hilarious defending McCluskey was largely wasteful and if it wasn't for Forbes having a bit of a stinker he'd have been first to be hooked. Think it's clear from the second half though that Duffy wants to move to a 442, and by the looks of it wants to use McKee wide in that scenario. I'm unsure there.
Players obviously need time now but we don't have much of it. It's a long way to 4th now but we need to be sure we aren't dragged into the fight to avoid 9th.

Mate EF are the last supporters to be commenting on another teams defenders- with the clangers we have made the last few weeks[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dunlop certainly lacked match sharpness yesterday, that was obvious.

Not sure who I'd drop for Morrison, but I wouldn't have anyone in at the expense of Dunsmore & I don't think he looked happy when he was hooked yesterday. I think we need a couple more players to provide competition. & eek the squad out in case of injuries in the last quarter of the season.

Running with a small squad, a couple of injuries to key players could derail your season, the manager doesn't have a crystal ball & can't predict that though, sometimes you just need luck. 

I have faith in the recruitment though & I don't think he'll bring in players just for numbers. Who'd be a manager? 

Dunlop certainly lacked match sharpness yesterday, that was obvious.
Not sure who I'd drop for Morrison, but I wouldn't have anyone in at the expense of Dunsmore & I don't think he looked happy when he was hooked yesterday. I think we need a couple more players to provide competition. & eek the squad out in case of injuries in the last quarter of the season.
Running with a small squad, a couple of injuries to key players could derail your season, the manager doesn't have a crystal ball & can't predict that though, sometimes you just need luck. 
I have faith in the recruitment though & I don't think he'll bring in players just for numbers. Who'd be a manager? 

Soon as I saw he had been brought off on the twitter feed I knew he would have been annoyed at it.

How did Morrison look when he was on? 
He looked like there is potential, and his cross to the sleeping giant was sublime. If only he'd been awake! However, 3 times he tried to take the LB on the outside , all ended in throw in. Will reserve judgement until a few games under his belt.

Neill is fine at this level. Sure he has some bad moments, but he's pretty much the definition of a League 1 defender. I suppose he'll always look a bit dodgy when he's up against Barcelona... [emoji38]
Let's nail a couple of things....Neill is not fine, he is flaky at times as is Brennan and that is hurting us.

As for 4th place, realistically we should forget that and ensure that we finish no worse than 8th.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Let's nail a couple of things....Neill is not fine, he is flaky at times as is Brennan and that is hurting us.

As for 4th place, realistically we should forget that and ensure that we finish no worse than 8th.

Neill hurts us nowhere near the level Brennan does.

Watched the highlights. Christ knows what's going on in Ross' head for Dumbarton's second, and disappointing again to be losing goals from crosses for their first (though with Dumbarton's two centre halves competing in the air with them is always tough).Aggy's free kicks are something else though, whether its being crossed or going for goal. 

Watched the highlights. Christ knows what's going on in Ross' head for Dumbarton's second, and disappointing again to be losing goals from crosses for their first (though with Dumbarton's two centre halves competing in the air with them is always tough).Aggy's free kicks are something else though, whether its being crossed or going for goal. 

Agreed- no idea what the manager can do !- past 2 weeks 3 really good defenders- playing well at the time- and then for some unknown reason make terrible blunders.... hopefully our festive generosity soon comes to an end as to win feels like we have to score at least 2 maybe 3 goals- but have to say the free kick is sublime- worth the admission money on its own.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 18:01, O'Kelly Isley III said:
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:58, The Moonster said:

Neill hurts us nowhere near the level Brennan does.

Neill is not fine, he is flaky at times as is Brennan and that is hurting us.

After watching the highlights, Brennan didn't look all that at fault on Saturday. The first goal took a bad deflection, he then made a world-class save, the second goal he had a lot of bodies in front of him. the third, a looping header, the fourth, maybe he could've positioned himself better, but that's maybe taking something away from the fact it was a sublime free kick.

Our own goalie (who I rate very highly), didn't really make a save of note, but I think he could've done a bit better with your first goal.

Obviously, I've just based this on one game, you guys see him every week.

43 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Wonderful free kick by Aggy although I notice his dive to win the award appears to have been edited out the highlights. Pity.

It was right in front of me, he did seem to just run into the Sons player, to win the free kick. One of a number if odd decisions on Saturday.

6 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

After watching the highlights, Brennan didn't look all that at fault on Saturday. The first goal took a bad deflection, he then made a world-class save, the second goal he had a lot of bodies in front of him. the third, a looping header, the fourth, maybe he could've positioned himself better, but that's maybe taking something away from the fact it was a sublime free kick.

Our own goalie (who I rate very highly), didn't really make a save of note, but I think he could've done a bit better with your first goal.

Obviously, I've just based this on one game, you guys see him every week.

The key thing for me is how he and his defence interact and communicate. He organises very little and instils no confidence in his defence or in the support. The first goal is a deflection, yes, but it takes about 84 years to actually cross the line. The second isn't his fault. The third is absolutely his fault though, and you could see it coming - a looping ball coming from about 40 yards away and landing in his 6 yard box, yet he's stood like a deer in the headlights in no mans land and any sort of header is a goal. Look at Kyle Huttons reaction to the third goal - you'd expect the captain to be utterly fuming that his side have just conceded an easy third goal after coming back from 2-0 down, but he isn't, he's got his arms by his side and looks utterly fed up as he questions Brennan on why he's nowhere to be found. Our players are past the anger stage, we're now in full acceptance that he's shite and will cost us points.

I'll probably get criticism here for making Brennan a "scapegoat", of course there are others in the team who weren't good enough on Saturday. The difference is when others are shite they get dropped - we even dropped our only striker for a few games when he struggled. It's another symptom of Duffy's lazy as f**k approach to squad building - he tried to keep Grant Adam last summer (by offering him absolute peanuts) which was a dreadful decision in any case, yet when Adam told him "no" he just signed our sub-keeper and made him number 1, then signed an exit trial lad to fill the bench. Zero thought, zero care, but we're no Manchester City so whit d'ye expect.