East Fife v Dumbarton 01/02/2020

Both sides appear to have endured a fairly miserable January with league wins last occurring back on December 21.

A lot will hinge (for Dumbarton anyway) on the quality of transfer business done this week. If we fail to add at least one decent attacking option then our only goal threat will be through Heed at set-pieces, albeit the big man has enjoyed some success against the Fifers this season. 

In previous meetings we were a bit fortunate to get away with a 2-2 draw on our last visit to Methil, whilst EF delivered us a fair battering at the Rock in November.

Doesn't look overly promising.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

We can't stop conceding goals. Is Layne injured for you? He was very impressive in your game with Falkirk I went to a while ago. Totally different player and would likely get a lot of joy from us right now. 

Layne's got a broken foot. Unless Jai Quitongo actually does sign we'll be playing with nobody up front.

Might not be a bad time to meet Dumbarton. Mind we couldn't take anything off them?  That was sooooo last season!

Was pleasantly surprised by the Sons at Bayview last time &, both games have been entertaining. 

Long, Slattery, Higgins, Dunlop, Murdoch, Dunsmore, Davidson, Agnew, Watt, Wallace, Dowds would be my team (back to basics), hopefully see Kev and a new signing or 2 on the bench. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Dumbarton have certainly strengthened over the last day or so, bringing in Ross Forbes, Jai Quitongo & the less than prolific ex-Fife forward, Rob Jones, who did score Stranraer's equaliser on his last visit to Bayview. I'd like to dream, our strikers will get back amongst the goals, everything will click & we'll triumph 4-0.

Sadly with a team that can't score, meeting a team that can't defend the only predictions I'm making are, this gale force wind will drop away by 3pm and this will definitely not be 0-0! (haven't been right yet this season) 

McCluskey starting. Quitongo and Crossan on the bench. 4-0 East Fife.

@Dumbartonfc Team | Brennan, R Quitongo, Neil, Craswell, Hutton, McLuskey, Forbes, McKee, Jones, McGeever, Wardrop
Subs | Pettigrew, Crawford, Langan, J Quitongo, Tierney, Wilson, Crossan