Perth’s finest vs The capital’s rejuvenated Gegenpressmeisters

I always forget how angry the St Johnstone fans are on here for no real reason.

They seem to take umbrage at being seen as a cuddly, inoffensive provincial town team that’s been punching above it’s weight lately and don’t have a real rival.

A bit like Falkirk (apart from the punching above it’s weight lately obviously) but not quite so deranged.

There seem to be a collective longing that Saints were the kind of club other people wanted to lose and a naive belief amongst some that posting like big club wankers will be enough to make people here take them seriously.

Like a yappy puppy it’s cute but can get a bit tiresome

It’s odd because Saints fans I’ve met in real life have generally been friendly and good humoured

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They seem to take umbrage at being seen as a cuddly, inoffensive provincial town team that’s been punching above it’s weight lately and don’t have a real rival.

A bit like Falkirk (apart from the punching above it’s weight lately obviously) but not quite so deranged.

There seem to be a collective longing that Saints were the kind of club other people wanted to lose and a naive belief amongst some that posting like big club wankers will be enough to make people here take them seriously.

It’s odd because Saints fans I’ve met in real life have generally been friendly and good humoured

1349084590_AdorableHandmadeIrishdraughthorse-small(1).gif.78ca7c5ff05bb07a99f166aab52e8cad.gif

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This made me laugh and I do agree, although I still hope Hearts get absolutely pumped.

Which probably serves to prove your point.

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Hearts fans getting 3 stands for this one?

Love a bit of 3 stand banter!

15+ years ago hearts used to bring a really good support through. Over 3000 and noisy.  

In the last few seasons, despite finishing top six, their away following has dwindled away to not much more than the likes of st mirren or Dundee, which is a shame.

So a rejuvenated support of a couple of thousand would be great.  We’ll happily take anyone’s cash since the Jehovah’s dumped us.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I take it Hearts fans feel they have turned things around?

With a record of Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 7 in the last 11 league matches, you can see how the excitement must be building...

Could also look at it as 2 wins and 2 draws in our last four games in all competitions.

5 points from our last 3 games in the league, 2 of which were against top 6 sides.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ooaafftt, counting Airdrie ? Tough times.

I gave all comp. and league only stats, thank you very much.

Point is, you can look at our long-term record and say it's shite. But that's obvious, we're bottom of the league.

Or, you can look at our recent record and see that it's clearly much-improved.  With or without the Airdrie result.