Perth’s finest vs The capital’s rejuvenated Gegenpressmeisters

I'm not sure the goal was a foul by Uche. He's just so big that maybe you stand your ground there rather than throw yourself into a header you're going to struggle to win.  Would like to watch it more closely on sportscene highlights.

As RG said, the O'Halloran booking was scandalous refereeing. I thought the ref was dreadful for us in the first half, but was a bit more even in the second.

Anyway, when discussing about the referee, are we talking about the one in the yellow shirt or the one in the yellow armband?!!

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm not sure the goal was a foul by Uche. He's just so big that maybe you stand your ground there rather than throw yourself into a header you're going to struggle to win.  Would like to watch it more closely on sportscene highlights.

Its a clear foul. I've no idea why Hearts fans are even bothering to debate it.

Glances over his shoulder, throws his elbow out.

Just a big strong laddie fairly backing in though...

Even he thinks its a foul.

Edited by RandomGuy.

This was my favourite sequence though, Naismith commits three fouls in one move. Two off the ball fouls, and one late lunge in the box. 

One yellow card 😂 and we don't even get a free kick out it, it takes O'Halloran being subjected to another late tackle from Naismith to get us a corner.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Agree ref was terrible today with his worst decision being the penalty being awarded for the st Johnstone player throwing himself up in the air. Mind boggling. Usual hearts getting dragged down to the diddy teams level after playing like that against rangers last game mind you playing on a tattie field didn’t help.

As RG said, the O'Halloran booking was scandalous refereeing. I thought the ref was dreadful for us in the first half, but was a bit more even in the second.
Anyway, when discussing about the referee, are we talking about the one in the yellow shirt or the one in the yellow armband?!!

As a general principle if you go airborne and fly into contact with your opponent from behind then you’re unlikely* to come away with a foul against your opponent even if they’re a bit naughty

Advice may not apply if you’re Scott Brown

Despite being slightly disappointed not to win the overall feeling after that game today was that it was very enjoyable. All I really want is to come away from the ground not feeling short changed and there's been a lot of that this season but today and Killie last week were much better.
Both teams should be ok based on that though - despite the odd defensive lapse and the like, the effort from both sets of players was clear. Hearts were good in the first half particularly and Saints very good in the second.
Oh aye, and Naismith is a knob.

Bizarre game. :lol: Absolutely cruising at half time, then completely fell to pieces in the second half. St Johnstone should've been out of sight by the time Clare pinged in that fantastic equaliser. (I was back row dead centre behind the goals - perfect angle for it 8)) Absolutely love the Stendelball tactic of chucking forward after forward onto the pitch if we're chasing the game. An absolute privilege to be able to say "I was there" vis Uche's one man Fringe show on the touchline.

We'll be absolutely fine - dodgy as f**k at the back, but if we're now capable of scoring goals then we could conceivably blow a team or two away at home. Boyce is such an upgrade on any centre forward we've had for years. Need shot of that fucking useless goalkeeper though. 

Who was that oddball in the white/beige top in the corner of the home stand nearest the Hearts fans? :lol: Offering folk out for fights, then filming the Hearts fans on his phone to show to the stewards. :1eye

18 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Sure RG will confirm, but I make that 7 goals in 6 games for Stevie May for Saints against Hearts. He loves it. 

That's his record if you start from when he actually broke through with us (13/14).

Overall its....

Played: 11 - Goals: - 7

But that includes games before his breakthrough season where he came on for like 4 minutes. If you do it by minutes...

Minutes: 574 - Goals: - 7

Stevie May has scored for Saints against Hearts every 82 minutes.

If you only look at his minutes per goal after he broke through, it's a goal every 70 minutes.

EPtd1g_X4AEuELg.thumb.jpeg.75d29c114b8b21333ed4db5cb22b9ef9.jpeg

Edited by RandomGuy.

Who was that oddball in the white/beige top in the corner of the home stand nearest the Hearts fans? :lol: Offering folk out for fights, then filming the Hearts fans on his phone to show to the stewards. :1eye

If treehouse tam can eliminate himself from enquires that would help the investigation

1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Big bill for all the wrecked seats coming your manky mob's way...And probably large fine for throwing them at the stewards and police as well

Lang toon (sic) Saintee is the c**t in the matalan fleece

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He clearly doesn't "stand strong", he pushes himself into a boy whos jumping.

Hopefully someones able to get a clip of O'Hallorans booking aswell. A staggering decision.

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a clear foul. I've no idea why Hearts fans are even bothering to debate it.

Glances over his shoulder, throws his elbow out.

Just a big strong laddie fairly backing in though...

Even he thinks its a foul.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

As a general principle if you go airborne and fly into contact with your opponent from behind then you’re unlikely* to come away with a foul against your opponent even if they’re a bit naughty

Advice may not apply if you’re Scott Brown

Watched it back on Saints tv this morning where it's much clearer. I was wrong initially, that's a clear foul by Uche. The Saints player (McCart?) is going for a header and gets barged in the air by Uche who is in no way playing the ball.  

Good strike from Clare.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If treehouse tam can eliminate himself from enquires that would help the investigation

M8, I'm an old casual, not the skanky niddrie type I may add, some things like classy designer clothes never leave you, i haven't wore stone island for many many years before any wee fanny says it. 

So to your original point, no I'm not a beige fleece wearing, Doctor Martin stomping mink who gets a kick out of filming bottle throwing bigots.