Perth’s finest vs The capital’s rejuvenated Gegenpressmeisters

Great game, gutting to drop the three points. Has Clare ever struck a ball that cleanly?

That was the Stevie May of old. Two goals, an assist, a bit of swagger and a ridiculous shot from distance. Between him and McCann for MOM for us.

Not sure how sustainable that system is for Hearts-none of their goals came from the high press but it left them absolutely wide open at the back. We’ve not been a great attacking side this season but how many clear chances did we have in the second half?

30 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We can point to a lot of missed chances in that second half, but Chris Kane has surely just got to slip in Ali McCann for a 1 on 1 with the keeper instead of shoot from 20 yards when McCann hooked the rebound over.

Its a no from me. I'll struggle to ever criticise a striker who has a free shot on goal from that situation and doesn't take it. Kane can't pass the ball anyway so the chances of McCann ending up with the ball was probably better via the keeper than a simple pass.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Also, Booth > Tanser IMO.

Aye, feels like that debate was put to bed today. 

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Not sure how sustainable that system is for Hearts-none of their goals came from the high press but it left them absolutely wide open at the back. We’ve not been a great attacking side this season but how many clear chances did we have in the second half?

About the same as we managed at Tynecastle. Not sure its fair to judge them after three months of this manager. They're still getting used to his system, once it clicks they'll rip the league apart...

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

About the same as we managed at Tynecastle. Not sure its fair to judge them after three months of this manager. They're still getting used to his system, once it clicks they'll rip the league apart...

December the 10th was three months ago, aye?

The system most certainly didn't work today, though, and we deserved to get pumped for that second half. A point was absolute robbery. :lol:

Surprisingly, Stendel's Barnsley team had the best defensive record in League One last season. Maybe they had good defenders.

I said during the week that I was finding it difficult to justify my season ticket well a performance like that second half even every second home game I would be dropping everything to attend. Best I’ve seen Saints for a long time.

Think the” injuries”actually helped us. Booth was so much better defensively and going forward. O’Halloran gave us more energy going forward. That left back was poor in the first half but got away with it.

Hope Liam Gordon is ok.

Hopefully Ikpeazus wee touchline dance makes it onto the YouTube highlights so I can GIF it. Genuinely never seen anything like that at this level before, even the players just stood watching him tackle himself multiple times.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully Ikpeazus wee touchline dance makes it onto the YouTube highlights so I can GIF it. Genuinely never seen anything like that at this level before, even the players just stood watching him tackle himself multiple times.

You could record the Abla coverage ...

While Levein was in charge, this would have been an utter shitfest, with 0-0 or 1-0 written all over it.

Eye-bleeding football does not get punters through the turnstiles and although it sounds like we've been lucky to nick a point, fans must be happy that at least a bit of entertainment and excitement has been served up today.

2 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

IMG_8935.jpg

We’ve completely owned you in Perth for over a decade dickhead.

Your first mistake is looking at Kickback.  But your second appears to be missing his point.  He's literally saying we've been disappointed against you for years.

That was a cracking game, probably lucky to take a point after that second half performance but would have been happy with that before the game.

Honestly thought we'd win by 2 or 3 after the first half but fair play to St Johnstone for playing us at our own game in the second half, genuinely could have scored with every attack.

We were brutal at the back but Sean Clare has proven me wrong since Stendel came in, delighted that he got the equaliser today.

I still can't see us going down with the spirit we have, no chance were we taking anything from that game under Levein.

To the question about why we are happy with Stendel. It's pretty obvious, we might not be a great team but he's instilled some fight in us and got us playing a style that's going to be entertaining.  Second half was awful, but first wasn't bad and in our last 4 games we've picked up draws at St Johnstone and County and taken 4 points from Rangers and Aberdeen.  

Clearly things to improve but as said earlier, today and County would've been stick on defensive minded defeats under Levein.