Perth’s finest vs The capital’s rejuvenated Gegenpressmeisters

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Or, you can look at our recent record and see that it's clearly much-improved.  With or without the Airdrie result.

*checks notes*

Screenshot_20200129-132639_Chrome.jpg.7e9e8f159446825ce607b24797cd3dae.jpg

Well technically you're not wrong, I suppose, but "much improved" is stretching things a bit.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*checks notes*

Screenshot_20200129-132639_Chrome.jpg.7e9e8f159446825ce607b24797cd3dae.jpg

Well technically you're not wrong, I suppose, but "much improved" is stretching things a bit.

From one point in eight games (shipping more than two goals per game) to five points in three (conceding less than a goal a game).

Not a controversial call, imo.

Edited by JTS98

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

From one point in eight games (shipping more than two goals per game) to five points in three (conceding less than a goal a game).

Not a controversial call, imo.

Levein had a similar run in the games building up to his sacking.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levein had a similar run in the games building up to his sacking.

Yeah. And that would also be an improvement in form on one point in eight games.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Cheers to the St Johnstone lads for pointing out Hearts have been shite this season. Illuminating stuff.

Not just this season tbf.

Much as all this banter is hilarious, I'm actually looking forward to this. Surprising as that's not something said in recent years. In general they've been dire affairs (last match aside, that was magnificent entertainment) and the blame for that, like so much else, lies firmly with the football black hole that was C. Levein esq. I'd go as far as to say that the Hearts fixtures have been about the worst in recent years of any visiting team.

This time though we've got 2 sides with a lot to play for as we get into the last stretch before the split, Saints playing some very decent football and much less vulnerable at the back and a Hearts team that for the first time in years looks like they might want to entertain rather than just commit petty fouls around the half way line for 90 minutes. All the form nonsense aside they are very clearly a different proposition to the last time they rocked up in Perth. In fact Stendel possibly owes the fact he has a job to Saints as we provided the final nail in the last manager's long overdue coffin. 

Arguably a draw not a bad result for either team but get the impression that neither will be playing for it. Should be fun.  Pitch will be a tattie field especially if the game tonight goes ahead. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Cute, an Aberdeen fan trying to find a rival to banter with. 

Uh oh, he went down the 'Aberdeen don't have a geographical rival' route. No comeback to that one for me. It's nice that you feel the thing that elevates you as a Hearts fan is...Hibs.

Anyway, the point still stands. Hibs travel much better.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Who in their right mind would go to Hearts matches in the past few years, let alone Hearts away matches. :lol:

Rarely even bothered to lift my head up for the full time score whilst watching Jeff and the Lads. Going to act like an absolute Billy Big Baws now we have a manager that wouldn't make Pollyanna want to chew the business end of a shotgun, however.  greggy.png

Our business for tonight apparently done, Jones won't be here until next week. Wright and Davidson both injured.

Matchday Squad: Clark, Parish, Sinclair, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Duffy, Ralston, Tanser, Booth, Wotherspoon, Craig, Holt, Butcher, McCann, O'Halloran, Swanson, Kane, May, Hendry

Made the mistake of reading Kickback and Twitter to see Hearts fans thoughts on this game, can only describe my current emotions through the medium of moving images...

Spoiler

2125369828_tenor(22).gif.f6193eea14ae577b44bb622ea80c349f.gif

If Hearts play with the intensity they did last week this will be very tough- a far cry from the other two games against them this season. That said, I thought they were wide open at the back and had a big slice of fortune - which to be fair they’ve rarely had this season - at both goals. Kamara fannies about then Goodson (I think) falls over to allow the first and the second takes a heavy deflection.

Boyce will be much harder to handle than anyone else Hearts have thrown at us in the last two games so Gordon and Kerr will need to be on top form. Important that we try to expose the space Hearts leave at the back when they press up the park as well so might be worth giving MOH another run.

Clark

——Kerr Gordon Booth——

Ralston Wotherrspoon McCann Butcher Tanser

———MOH Hendry——-

Happy enough to swap MOH for May...

Edited by Jamie_Beatson