Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

Just now, TheGoon said:

Two nights is still quite strange but suspect it'll be the norm going forward. Works for NJPW.

I think HHH has pretty much confirmed it.

Also Drew vs Brock confirmed as headliner. Damn. Will need to catch it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Two nights is still quite strange but suspect it'll be the norm going forward. Works for NJPW.

Vince will be eyeing double revenue from big stadiums.

TBF its not a bad idea. 6-8 hours (if you include the pre show) is far to long for one night, and the last few years i've been jaded well before the end.

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

It's asking a lot to fill those giant stadiums two nights in a row. I think even New Japan had a much lower attendance on night two this year. If Vince reckons he could sell 2x tickets and 2x PPV buys, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the mad b*****d tried it.

It was a breath of fresh air having a 3 hour show last night though.

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

TBF its not a bad idea. 6-8 hours (if you include the pre show) is far to long for one night, and the last few years i've been jaded well before the end.

Question though is what they’d do with Takeover/HOF, wether they pushed one to the Thursday to get it all in.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's asking a lot to fill those giant stadiums two nights in a row. I think even New Japan had a much lower attendance on night two this year. If Vince reckons he could sell 2x tickets and 2x PPV buys, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the mad b*****d tried it.

If it’s a Saturday night he’s adding and it’s reasonably priced, most folk are there anyways. Shafts WrestleCon, NJPW etc a bit as well.

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Aye they're far too long. They have such a huge roster and so many titles that one night is just too much. 

Two nights however lets them pace it much better. Also can create interesting dynamics if they get creative, such as stories over two nights (think Mania 30; if it was 2 nights you could have had Daniel Bryan beating HHH on night 1 then the title match on night 2). 

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Yeah it was really well paced. Never dragged and didn't drop in energy.

Just now, FifeArab said:

Would 2 nights at somewhere like Marlins Park In Florida work? 36K and has a roof.

They announced last night that next year's Mania is 'going Hollywood'. Don't know if it will be over 2 nights though.