Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

It's taken a very long time to get to this point but I'm finally done with Lesnar matches being finisher only.

I think he needs to f**k off. He adds nothing and his matches offer nothing.

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

This was literally Goldberg vs Strowman 😂

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone that liked that match and didn't like the Goldberg one yesterday or vice versa is OFTW. Because it was the exact same match.

I don't recall Goldberg giving Strowman multiple german suplexes.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I don't recall Goldberg giving Strowman multiple german suplexes.

^^ OFTW.

Just heard that Edge/Orton was the second longest match in Mania history! It did feel like a very long match. It must have edited down quite a bit too. Huge disappointment unfortunately, especially given it was Edge's first proper match back. Obviously the lack of crowd really hurt it, but it was unforgivably boring.

It's also taking some flak about the 'Benoit' spot. It didn't click with me when I watched it but now that it's been pointed out it does seem like a careless spot to have had. They should have edited it out.

Anyway, overall it was a decent enough Mania given the circumstances, but it will very quickly age badly and there's only really two things you'd go back and watch in the future. Boneyard match is not just the best match of the weekend but one of the best Mania matches ever and could give us a few more years of Taker and a proper retirement for the big lad. Funhouse was ludicrous but highly enjoyable (plus I hope it leads to more Cena and Wyatt interaaction).

Tag ladder match was enjoyable, women's elimination was decent, women's tag was not bad and the Otis moment was nice. Owens vs Rollins was good. Gulak vs Cesaro was a solid night 1 opener. Bazler vs Lynch was decent as well. It was great to see Drew win the title as well

Sadly the match in which he won it was gash. Oldberg vs Strowman was even worse. Lesnar and Big Bill deserve 90% of the blame for those matches, with Vince McMahon getting the other 10% for booking them. Get those two to f**k. Edge/Orton was boring and a huge let down for it being Edge's first match back. Corbin vs Elias was pish. Lashley vs Black was a basic Raw match. Street Profits was Garza and Theory was likewise. Zayn vs Bryan was a basic Smackdown match. Natalya vs Liv Morgan was like a training match. Flair vs Ripley was disappointing.

Taker vs Sting for next year in that format, then Taker vs Kane the following year in the same format to retire them both would be perfection.

It depends if Taker sees that as 'real' wrestling and whether or not he even enjoys it though tbh.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just heard that Edge/Orton was the second longest match in Mania history! It did feel like a very long match. It must have edited down quite a bit too. Huge disappointment unfortunately, especially given it was Edge's first proper match back. Obviously the lack of crowd really hurt it, but it was unforgivably boring.

It's also taking some flak about the 'Benoit' spot. It didn't click with me when I watched it but now that it's been pointed out it does seem like a careless spot to have had. They should have edited it out.

Can you explain what the Benoit spot was for the thick amongst us?  (me)

Just now, forameus said:

Can you explain what the Benoit spot was for the thick amongst us?  (me)

The bit where Orton 'hangs' Edge using the gym equipment. Seemingly was how Benoit did himself in.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

The bit where Orton 'hangs' Edge using the gym equipment. Seemingly was how Benoit did himself in.

Oh aye...now you say it that's obvious.  

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've thought that for a while.  It's a shame, because when he's good, he's really good.  WWE put up his match with Bryan earlier in the week, and I think that was one of my favourite matches in recent memory.  He clearly respects Bryan, and everything surrounding that just made the match brilliant, to the point where I didn't really mind we got the usual F5-pin-win combination we get every time.  But when he can't be arsed, it really shows, and any part of him being a big attraction gets eroded further when he comes out and has a match like that.  It would have been a rubbish match in front of a crowd, but at least it would have had the reaction, and the pop for Drew winning.  In an empty arena, it was aaaaawful.  

Now that he's dropped the belt, I'd have him disappear for a while.  Really have a think, and stop using him as this break-glass-for-champion character and build a feud that gets the best out of him.  I've always been quite interested in seeing him do a more face role.  Maybe lose badly to someone, doubt himself and then have a story of him going through heels to the top again.  But really, anything other than what we've had for years would be a refreshing change, and might get more out of him.

I've thought that for a while.  It's a shame, because when he's good, he's really good.  WWE put up his match with Bryan earlier in the week, and I think that was one of my favourite matches in recent memory.  He clearly respects Bryan, and everything surrounding that just made the match brilliant, to the point where I didn't really mind we got the usual F5-pin-win combination we get every time.  But when he can't be arsed, it really shows, and any part of him being a big attraction gets eroded further when he comes out and has a match like that.  It would have been a rubbish match in front of a crowd, but at least it would have had the reaction, and the pop for Drew winning.  In an empty arena, it was aaaaawful.  
Now that he's dropped the belt, I'd have him disappear for a while.  Really have a think, and stop using him as this break-glass-for-champion character and build a feud that gets the best out of him.  I've always been quite interested in seeing him do a more face role.  Maybe lose badly to someone, doubt himself and then have a story of him going through heels to the top again.  But really, anything other than what we've had for years would be a refreshing change, and might get more out of him.
I suggested that years ago for Cena.

On 06/04/2020 at 03:26, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Christ, the state of Undertaker getting off that plane.

That was just before the Roman match I'm sure. Can recall the chat was that immediately after that Mania, he went and had hip replacement surgery. Would make sense given the nick he was in. 

On 07/04/2020 at 19:40, Derek Patterson said:

That was just before the Roman match I'm sure. Can recall the chat was that immediately after that Mania, he went and had hip replacement surgery. Would make sense given the nick he was in. 

You've reminded me of that Roman match...and now I'm sad.  It wasn't even an amusing car crash match, just awful.