Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

Not sure how I feel about this documentary. Obviously it's just watch stuff. But I love the mystique. Not sure I fancy that just being peeled back completely.

It’s less that for me and more that they’re clearly aware that they’re dicing with the man’s health. It’s insane.

Missed the main event so just watched it now. If only I could have stayed awake for another 3 minutes to basically watch the Universal match again but with different finishers used. w**k.

Was going to try watch part two all the way through today but the Ripley Flair match had so much horrific screaming I had to fast forward to the finish. 

The rest of this shit I didn't bother with so I'll go with what I watched.

Orton v Edge was terrific. Absolutely loved them going all over the place. Was it long? Aye. Was it fun? Aye. Great to see Edge back and in incredible shape, he's one of my all time favourites. 

The Firefly Fun House "match" was brilliant. Absolutely loved how bat-shit insane over-produced nonsense it was. Absolutely perfect for a strange event like this where there is no crowd and they can just fucking go away with it however they want, like last night. Loved the NWO Cena! 

Drew v Brock was short shit, but really what does anyone expect? You think they're going to put on a 20 minutes barn-burner in front of nobody? I'm sure they'll get a chance in the future to absolutely tear it up. 

I think if you leave aside the obvious problems with it being empty arena, that was probably just about as good a show as they could have put on.  Certain matches really struggled with the lack of reaction, but others were almost better.  Having no other sound other than the wrestlers gave it a really visceral edge often.  There's something quite affecting when two people are really clicking and seeming like they're hurting each other, and you can really hear the selling.  I get that the Ripley Flair match might've put some off, but I thought it was one that really added something.  The main event was guff though.  That was one on the other side of the spectrum.  Largely unremarkable match set out in a way that really relied on their being pops.  Delighted for Drew though, and just a shame he couldn't get the full experience.

Extra credit for that Firefly Funhouse match though.  A perfect example of how giving people with creativity a chance to exercise it can lead to gold.  Cena basically let his career be savaged, and took part in it.  Only negative was that I would have liked a bit more at the end with the actual Fiend.  Wonder if we're going to get a continuation towards Summerslam, it just didn't feel "finished".  

All in all, WWE have done well, even though they probably shouldn't have run the show in the first place.

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Was going to try watch part two all the way through today but the Ripley Flair match had so much horrific screaming I had to fast forward to the finish. 

The rest of this shit I didn't bother with so I'll go with what I watched.

Orton v Edge was terrific. Absolutely loved them going all over the place. Was it long? Aye. Was it fun? Aye. Great to see Edge back and in incredible shape, he's one of my all time favourites. 

The Firefly Fun House "match" was brilliant. Absolutely loved how bat-shit insane over-produced nonsense it was. Absolutely perfect for a strange event like this where there is no crowd and they can just fucking go away with it however they want, like last night. Loved the NWO Cena! 

Drew v Brock was short shit, but really what does anyone expect? You think they're going to put on a 20 minutes barn-burner in front of nobody? I'm sure they'll get a chance in the future to absolutely tear it up. 

Edge v Orton had a decent finish but it was really boring and uneventful. And far too long.

What a euphemism this post is btw.

Edited by GiGi

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I take back my previous comments about being chuffed for Drew. Brock should have won.

That feeling when you've now won more titles than the team you support.

Edited by djchapsticks

Loved the fun house. Looking forward to watching it again.
Buzzing for Drew but still gutted it wasn't in front of a crowd. I'm fine with the layout of the match, Brock got frustrated and Drew took him down. I'm sure that won't be the last Drew V Brock match we'll see.

I can still hear Rhea Ripley screeching [emoji24]

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The main takeaway for me is that I hope they never have to do Mania without a crowd again

Agree with this, thought night two was shite from start to finish. I see Ripley-Flair getting 4 star+ reviews on many sites which is baffling. Orton-Edge was just utter turgid, overlong, boring pish, as was the Funhouse thing. Night one was an example of making things work under difficult circumstances and was decent, night two was not.

Edge vs Orton had some great bits throughout but.... There were a good 20+ minutes of nothing as well.

4 star+ would suggest last night was Rhea Ripley's best work, which it clearly wasn't. Good match. Little sloppy in place sand the audio (commentary, screaming, grunting) was incredibly annoying. Probably closer to a 3 star match imo.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Extra credit for that Firefly Funhouse match though.  A perfect example of how giving people with creativity a chance to exercise it can lead to gold.  Cena basically let his career be savaged, and took part in it.  Only negative was that I would have liked a bit more at the end with the actual Fiend.  Wonder if we're going to get a continuation towards Summerslam, it just didn't feel "finished".  

Watching the match again knowing how it went I thought it was interesting that Cena, AFAIK, doesn't name Wyatt when he talks about putting to bed the most overrated, overhyped talent on the roster or whatever words he used. Got to respect Big Match John taking the L like that. What a king.

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Not much social distancing going on with the 24/7 title job squad there.

Was thinking similar. Also though that if they did that then why did they scrap the Andre?

Was also wondering who most of the were.