Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

Watched Goldberg and Taker matches this morning. Goldberg shouldn’t be back. He’s had his day and time.

Taker v AJ, wow what a classic. Brilliant entertainment. He should fight sting next year In the same environment.

That was better than expected but only because the expectations were so low. Watched it this morning so was able to skip through the mountain of adverts 2 nights is definitely an idea to continue going forward. A big part of Wrestlemania is the pageantry, the big arena and big crowd reactions.

The ladder match and Zayn match finishes wouldn’t have happened under normal circumstances, while the Owens Rollins restarting as a no dq would have got a big pop in front of a crowd imo.

The Boneyard match was fantastic, over the top madness and better than it had any right to be and if Cena/Wyatt is half as mad tonight WWE will have accomplished more with those 2 matches than anyone expected.

If they treat this correctly, they've extended Taker's career by 5, maybe even 10 year. 

A feud with Sting, Mankind, Kane or any other ageing star is now a possibility and something to get hyped for.

The reality is, WWE will see that this was near enough universally thought of as the best show of the night and absolutely milk it dry over the next year until it's stale as hell and no one wants to see it.

49 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Probably won't get away with something like that again once crowds come back into play. It'd have to be on TV or a Network special type thing. 

I dunno, if they're doing it over 2 nights from now on it could be a goer.

Or, they could easily put a dark match on as the fans at home watch the cinematic match so that some talent gets top exposure and the live crowd get an official break?

Just skipped through everything except Strowman and Taker matches. 

Goldberg Strowman went as quickly as I'd thought, dunno what people are expecting... also don't know why they've got him back except for $$$$ from the Saudi's to appear. He was never going to be back for too long. 

That Taker AJ piece was absolutely sensational, absolutely fucking loved it been cheesing through the whole thing. I love the over-the-top nonsense production stuff and aye, this was a bit of a rip off of The Final Deletion but I don't give a shit. Absolute gold and they both deserve amazing credit for it. Doesn't matter one f**k if "Taker is going over 3 full time guys". It's Taker ffs. At Mania even after the streak is gone (f**k YOU WWE). Absolutely loved it. 

I'm gutted for Drew. Absolutely gutted that he finally get's to the top of the industry and the big pop moment is taken from him. Nobody deserves it more, nobody. He's gone from shit gimmick last time and worked everywhere in the world to get to here. I've also seen him in front of a crowd of like 200 in Aberdeen one time. He was flawless, and his promo about bringing Scottish wrestling back up was truly passionate. 

I hope he get's a big moment in the future in front of a hot crowd. 

Was better than I expected having not watched much wwe in a while. I don't think they do the matches without a crowd as well as aew but most of them were still enjoyable. Skipped over the first couple of matches and the corbin one as he bores me to no end and elias needs crowd interaction to work as a character. The boneyard match was pretty much a knock off of the final deletion but it was done well enough and as others have said could prolong takers career if done right in the future. I'm fully expecting Edge v Orton to steal the show tonight but hopefully drew does get the belt, even if it would have been better with a live crowd.

Is Drew vs Brock up first? That run through of the cars suggested it is, with Funhouse headlining.

If so I'll be staying up for it. Got work tomorrow so can't watch the whole thing live, so plan to watch it tomorrow.

It's because they're too light! When the guys are moving on the mat it generates much more noise. The pace and the bumping tend to be quicker too. The women's match last night was fine because there were 4 of them and it was also quick, and there loads of bumps as well.

These two, Liv especially, barely make a sound when running on the mat and there's been little bumping. This is like a training match.

Or maybe they just turned the ring mic down?

Edited by DA Baracus