Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

The PPV stuff is interesting.  I came back to WWE around the time PPVs stopped being a thing.  I think I bought a couple (around WM30 time) then "acquired" a few.  Then the network came along and I was happy to give them that money.  If they dropped PPVs entirely from the network and went back to the old model...got to be honest, they'd have to improve markedly to make me interested in shelling out anything for the sorts of shows they're putting out.

Will be very interesting to see how much they get for this show.  They're dropping a serious amount on ticket sales by going ahead rather than postponing, but there's no way everyone who was going to go is going to pay $60 instead.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone paying for this in any way other than the Network is mentally dangerous.

Anyone paying for the Network if this is the route they go down is mentally dangerous.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone paying for the Network if this is the route they go down is mentally dangerous.

The Network is quality, although very easy to get free trials.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The Network is quality, although very easy to get free trials.

This is true, my biggest issue today will be finding a set of email/card that I haven't used in my half a dozen previous "free trials"

I'm happy enough to pay the £10 a month for the PPVs and occasionally watch retro stuff. It's one of those payments I don't even think about until I clock it on my bank statement. There's no chance I'll keep the subscription if they drop the live PPVs.

I've been out of the torrent game for a few years, but would happily get back in for the Rumble, Mania etc.

It's hard not to be chuffed for Drew, even if he doesn't get the belt this weekend.

I remember seeing him on a diddy show in Inverness in front of about 200 people in between his WWE stints. I seem to remember he was an unannounced replacement for Grado that evening.

He came out to Broken Dreams as well.

Just watched the WWE Chronicle for Big Drew they’ve stuck up on the Network. It’s good, but you can see how gutted he is when shit starts to hit the fan. I don’t know if I’d rather they gave him the win tonight, or risked holding off and doing it down the line. Either way, suspect it’ll be pretty hollow which is sad.

Just watched the WWE Chronicle for Big Drew they’ve stuck up on the Network. It’s good, but you can see how gutted he is when shit starts to hit the fan. I don’t know if I’d rather they gave him the win tonight, or risked holding off and doing it down the line. Either way, suspect it’ll be pretty hollow which is sad.
If they play it right they could hold off.

Have Drew batter Lesnar & look like winning then have Brock resort to a low blow for DQ to retain.
Drew technically wins match but not the title.

Drew goes on a babyface tear through everyone in his way at the injustice with some good promos with Lesnar hiding away from Drew - only making a few sneak attacks (more low blows / F5's to cost Drew a couple matches that kind of thing) which keeps Drew in favour with the fans.

Rematch at Summerslam in front of a crowd - Drew wins clean to a big pop.

And WWE have now added 2 prerecorded preshow matches as clearly they don't have enough matches scheduled already.

Drew Gulak vs Cesaro

Natalya vs Liv Morgan

Gulak & Cesaro should at least put on a good match.

Aye, I wouldn't be giving Drew his moment here. If they want him to be a megastar he can lose here, but still look like a star. Brock defeated Taker at Mania, they can spin it that way to ensure the loss doesn't hurt him.

52 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's hard not to be chuffed for Drew, even if he doesn't get the belt this weekend.

I remember seeing him on a diddy show in Inverness in front of about 200 people in between his WWE stints. I seem to remember he was an unannounced replacement for Grado that evening.

He came out to Broken Dreams as well.

I saw three times in Dundee in front of similar sized crowds. The first was October 2014, not longer after his return to the indies (sure his big ICW return angle was only 2 or 3 months before). He seemed genuinely humbled by the reaction he got. Seems like a pretty sound guy too, even for a ***.

Was also the first time I really appreciated just how fucking huge he is! Especially since he really worked on his physique after getting the WWE punt. He was big before but he's been fucking ripped for a while now. He matches up to Lesnar. 

29 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was just watching his debut match against Zack Ryder.

His promo at the start is something else. JBL also rambles on about pints of heavy for some reason :lol:

That's mental. So much nonsense. They obviously told him to roll his 'Rs' but to an exaggerated level. Also since when was Ayr in the highlands? Shite jobber gear and jobber music as well.

Vince McMahon's views on the world outside of America are mental. He's a mad old racist, even if it sometimes isn't intentional. He had Cesaro do a yodelling gimmick for f**k sake! Basically if you're aren't American your gimmick tends to be 'not American' and basically a borderline offensive stereotype of your country, at least at first.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, I wouldn't be giving Drew his moment here. If they want him to be a megastar he can lose here, but still look like a star. Brock defeated Taker at Mania, they can spin it that way to ensure the loss doesn't hurt him.

I think WWE have fucked themselves here with their booking. By not cancelling Mania they have to go with it, in continuity, as being the biggest and most important show of the year. Drew not winning the title here will kill his momentum.