Wrestlemania 2020

jacobsladder

26 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

It’s apparently gonna be from multiple locations according to Meltzer.

Without fans, that just makes no sense really. Any arena going to let them in anyway?

43 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:
7 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:
They'll do UK stuff. They've got a PC here so would make sense. 

They can't do that due to the travel ban, no?

I assume it'll be NXT UK talent they'll use.

13 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

We rightly gave ICW shite for their ridiculous two nighter decisions and we should give this fetid car crash of a decision the same derision. Just pull the plug!

What's wrong with two nights?  If this was a normal WM weekend, I'd be very supportive of them doing it over two nights, rather than the 14 hour show they usually put on.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

What's wrong with two nights?  If this was a normal WM weekend, I'd be very supportive of them doing it over two nights, rather than the 14 hour show they usually put on.

Agreed. If they insist on making Wrestlemania 5+ hours (7+ if you include the pre show) then it needs to be over two nights.

Last year's main event should have had everyone buzzing but the crowd were dead by the time they got on. Same for the year before.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Agreed. If they insist on making Wrestlemania 5+ hours (7+ if you include the pre show) then it needs to be over two nights.

Last year's main event should have had everyone buzzing but the crowd were dead by the time they got on. Same for the year before.

And the year before that, and the yea rbefore that...etc etc.   

Last year didn't feel quite as bad, but I seem to remember the previous two were just dreadful.  HHH/Reigns felt like it started a full two weeks after the show began, and Reigns/Lesnar was just a banter match at that stage of proceedings.  And it didn't have to be.  Two nights would mean they'd be able to plan things out, potentially get more people involved, and not necessarily have people having to sit there for close to 8 hours to watch a show.

8 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Reckon crowd might be dead this year as well.

ESPN will be airing Mania 30, 32 & 35 over the next few weeks in the States, leading many to believe they've picked up this year’s show as well. Apparently, WWE aren’t even doing it live, they’re taping it this week. What a depressing thought. I know there’s no alternative and there’s (some) money on the table, but I can’t imagine Edge/Orton in front of nobody, Fiend/Cena, Shayna/Becky - these matches need an audience to react to them. Even if they get a good audience on TV, it’ll look amd feel like complete shit. I just don’t get the point in it.

I’m glad they’re taping shows back to back and giving talent/crew much needed time off, but it’s just more weeks of lifeless, ultimately pointless television. I get that FOX/USA will want literally any original and new content they can get at the minute, but surely they could just dip into the archives? It all reeks of Vince, who’d definitely be one of the auld c***s still going to the pub and “not giving into the virus” just refusing to back down when there’s still money to be made  (putting his own employees health in danger in the process)