ian black

Some of these comments from Tranent fans are embarrassing regarding black. His two yellows were well derseved and it looked like his rash challenges were somewhat out of frustration with him not playing regularly in the starting 11. He also had a high feet challenge after his first yellow and also wiped out a swifts player while on the attack just before he got his red.

Tranent played better without him but it was a thoroughly deserved win for Jeanfield swifts who impressed me again.

1 minute ago, Gold Dust said:

Some of these comments from Tranent fans are embarrassing regarding black. His two yellows were well derseved and it looked like his rash challenges were somewhat out of frustration with him not playing regularly in the starting 11. He also had a high feet challenge after his first yellow and also wiped out a swifts player while on the attack just before he got his red.

Tranent played better without him but it was a thoroughly deserved win for Jeanfield swifts who impressed me again.

Him and Kenny Fisher ran the midfield for them last season, Fisher has now gone to play Sunday Ams with Gorgie Hearts.

14 minutes ago, Gold Dust said:

What a load of tosh , Blackies first yellow was a 50/50 by both players , ref just couldn't wait to book him , the second was a defo yellow so 

to say some of the comments are embarrassing is a joke.

11 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

What a load of tosh , Blackies first yellow was a 50/50 by both players , ref just couldn't wait to book him , the second was a defo yellow so 

to say some of the comments are embarrassing is a joke.

Why is he going into a challenge that’s a definite booking then? He’s played much higher than EOS in his career so he should know to not rush into silly challenges whilst on a yellow. 

Why is he going into a challenge that’s a definite booking then? He’s played much higher than EOS in his career so he should know to not rush into silly challenges whilst on a yellow. 

To be fair the ref was a jobsworth. Ruined the game and the boy who was screaming at the 2nd tackle got up and laughed as soon as the ref had shown the 2nd yellow. Ref was conned. Tranent were never going to win the game the way we played but im sick of every tackle being a foul. Games gone to soft

Maybe he fancied his chances of winning it and is committed to trying to help his team win?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Maybe he fancied his chances of winning it and is committed to trying to help his team win?

I am playing devils advocate a bit. I’ve not seen the challenges so the ref maybe was being an a**e, but I was just pointing out that any sensible player wouldn’t go charging into tackles in the same way if he’s on a yellow compared to not being on a yellow.