Queens v Dunfermline

18 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I thought both Devine and Wilson were excellent yesterday.I can’t recall Pars creating any decent chances from open play in either half and both players distributed the ball well from the back.

I think you are right apart from the first 5mins when they were at sixes and sevens. Both grew into the game

I take it I'm the only one who thinks our penalty is an absolute stonewaller then? Ashcroft slides in front of Dobbie, doesn't get anything on the ball and brings him down. I don't see how that's anything other than a penalty?
I agree the third is a clear foul on Holt and should have been ruled out. Ashcroft has both arms on him pinning him down. I don't understand why there isn't more protest from our team, and particularly Holt though.
The first goal is a horror of errors all over the place. Starting with Dobbie not tracking his man and allowing a free cross into the box as you say. Afolabi runs off the front of Holt who doesn't track him at all and he gets a free header. McGill gets lucky the rebound goes straight to him though.
On the 2nd Pybus doesn't abandon the post, he's never on it. Whether he should have been is another question. He's watching the near post area though and steps out to try to intercept the ball. Devine, who is already running though gets there first. A man on the post probably stops it of course.
Two really bad home results in a row sadly.
Nah, think you're alone SD. Looks to me to be a tangle and nothing else. The fact that Paul Paton cuts the ball out will before it was getting to Dobbie should have made it all the more obvious to the ref that it wasn't a foul but he was one poor referee. The Mick Paton handball is one of those I've seen given - we had a similar ish one given against us earlier in the season when Dow had his hands by his side and it bounced up and hit his arm - even though it probably shouldn't be. I said at the time that I was expecting the third goal to be chalked off for climbing but luckily it wasn't. Given the amount of shirt pulling and arm wrestling the ref let go in open play I suppose I should congratulate the ref for consistency there but Holt not complaining probably sealed the deal.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
I take it I'm the only one who thinks our penalty is an absolute stonewaller then? Ashcroft slides in front of Dobbie, doesn't get anything on the ball and brings him down. I don't see how that's anything other than a penalty?
I agree the third is a clear foul on Holt and should have been ruled out. Ashcroft has both arms on him pinning him down. I don't understand why there isn't more protest from our team, and particularly Holt though.
The first goal is a horror of errors all over the place. Starting with Dobbie not tracking his man and allowing a free cross into the box as you say. Afolabi runs off the front of Holt who doesn't track him at all and he gets a free header. McGill gets lucky the rebound goes straight to him though.
On the 2nd Pybus doesn't abandon the post, he's never on it. Whether he should have been is another question. He's watching the near post area though and steps out to try to intercept the ball. Devine, who is already running though gets there first. A man on the post probably stops it of course.
Two really bad home results in a row sadly.

Nah, think you're alone SD. Looks to me to be a tangle and nothing else. The fact that Paul Paton cuts the ball out will before it was getting to Dobbie should have made it all the more obvious to the ref that it wasn't a foul but he was one poor referee.

Eh? He does no such thing. Paul Paton never touches the ball. I suggest you look again. Check the colour of the boot. It's Dobbie's foot that controls the ball then Ashcroft slides across him and brings him down without touching the ball. I'm not slow to say so if we've got a soft penalty but that one is a penalty all day for me.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How on Earth should the 3rd goal have been disallowed? Holt isn’t held down, he just doesn’t fucking jump, which is precisely why neither he nor any of his teammates protest.

Are you having a laugh? Watch your own highlights with the camera behind the goal at 9:13. He has both hands all over Holt, holding him down.

53 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How on Earth should the 3rd goal have been disallowed? Holt isn’t held down, he just doesn’t fucking jump, which is precisely why neither he nor any of his teammates protest.

I'd struggle to jump if a 14 stone man was holding me down by the shoulders as well tbh. It's quite clearly a foul. Holt not protesting doesn't mean a thing. 

Screenshot_20200202-212312.png

Screenshot_20200202-212252.png

Screenshot_20200202-212238.png

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd struggle to jump if a 14 stone man was holding me down by the shoulders as well tbh. It's quite clearly a foul. Holt not protesting doesn't mean a thing. 

Screenshot_20200202-212312.png

Screenshot_20200202-212252.png

Screenshot_20200202-212238.png

You'd also struggle to jump for the ball if you got bullied by Ashcroft and found yourself under the flight of the ball tbf. 

The still images look bad, but the actual footage from the first angle, and the one the ref would be seing it from show why the foul wasn't given and why Holt didn't complain, it's poor defending from Holt and he knows it. In the second image it shows his right elbow is up to try gain leverage on Ashcroft. He's just not nearly strong or aggressive enough. 

Poor defending on a cross from a QoTS left back, Jordan Marshall would be chuffed. 

You'd also struggle to jump for the ball if you got bullied by Ashcroft and found yourself under the flight of the ball tbf. 
The still images look bad, but the actual footage from the first angle, and the one the ref would be seing it from show why the foul wasn't given and why Holt didn't complain, it's poor defending from Holt and he knows it. In the second image it shows his right elbow is up to try gain leverage on Ashcroft. He's just not nearly strong or aggressive enough. 
Poor defending on a cross from a QoTS left back, Jordan Marshall would be chuffed. 
You say bullied, I say fouled.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh? He does no such thing. Paul Paton never touches the ball. I suggest you look again. Check the colour of the boot. It's Dobbie's foot that controls the ball then Ashcroft slides across him and brings him down without touching the ball. I'm not slow to say so if we've got a soft penalty but that one is a penalty all day for me.

Are you having a laugh? Watch your own highlights with the camera behind the goal at 9:13. He has both hands all over Holt, holding him down.

Its pretty clearly a penalty. At the time I thought it was soft, as it looked like Ashcroft was already on the ground and Dobbie ran into him, but from the footage its clear Ashcroft slides into Dobbie and takes him out

Queens lost that game because they can’t defend a set-piece. I’m sure the players won’t cry about imaginary fouls like the fans though and will know they fucked it big time.

The standard on show in the highlights from both sides was truly awful though. No wonder the crowd was so low when the quality is utterly abject.