Queens v Dunfermline

AJ is absolutely clueless. As well as nose diving us to the relegation zone last season, we also threw away a play-off against an absolutely God-awful United team under his stewardship. Mvoto up front for the last 10 minutes summed it all up.

My left leg would have won the league with us in League 1 as well.

It's probably Sandy Clark pulling the strings rather than Johnson being out and out crap. 

He's definitely had his ankles tied together with the budget but the last few games his management has certainly come into question. 

With a mounting injury list and the unfortunate “red tape” issues with our new signings it wouldn’t have taken much for the manager to come out of today with nothing but sympathy from the supporters.

All he had to do was put our strongest team on the park, hope for the best, then blame the various valid excuses if it didn’t work out.

Instead what we got was borderline trolling with a lineup and formation that couldn’t have been more ridiculous if it was pulled from a hat.

There is no way back for me, he’s got to go.

First of all on the AJ chat; I don't get why people have to downplay the League 1 title win when they are criticising him. Of course he was expected to win the divsion and get us promoted but he did it very well. He wasn't good enough for us in the Champ and took us as far as he could. He's not a great manager by any means but people have this need with AJ and all managers that they need to be great or shite, with absolutely no middle ground. He was, and is, painfully average.

As for today, a great win. Into the top four (somehow) and seems as though we have started another one of these run where we win/lose several games in a row, before doing the opposite for the next month. Funny thing is, if we could actually just keep up the positive form even a little bit, then a top four spot is absolutely there for the taking. There is one half-decent side in this Championship and it's been enough to give them an almost unassailable lead. I highly doubt any of us will challenge the Prem side in the play-offs but the opportunity is right there.

I assume Nesbit had a knock? Seemed bizarre he'd be fit enough to play half an hour but not start.

I thought AJ was treated pretty badly by the Pars fans towards the end of his time at EEP, but then I watched Joe Cardle's recent interview and it really changed my mind.  It seems like there were a few players that AJ treated really unprofessionally and he created some pretty needless animosity.

Reading the comments from Queens fans on here is like going back in time.  Weird team selections, playing people out of position, reluctance to change things when he's made a mistake, lumping balls up the park etc.

We did have a great season in League One, but AJ was also lucky with a few players that Jeffries left him.  I'm sorry Queens fans, but the future is unlikely to be bright with AJ in charge.

Signing Wilson and then wasting him at Centre Back whilst leaving Semple on the bench was unforgivable for me.  

Our home record is a disgrace and with the pish being served up every week it’s no wonder folk aren’t coming through the turnstiles.

27 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

I thought AJ was treated pretty badly by the Pars fans towards the end of his time at EEP, but then I watched Joe Cardle's recent interview and it really changed my mind.  It seems like there were a few players that AJ treated really unprofessionally and he created some pretty needless animosity.

Reading the comments from Queens fans on here is like going back in time.  Weird team selections, playing people out of position, reluctance to change things when he's made a mistake, lumping balls up the park etc.

We did have a great season in League One, but AJ was also lucky with a few players that Jeffries left him.  I'm sorry Queens fans, but the future is unlikely to be bright with AJ in charge.

Sounds interesting, do you have a link?

I think people are starting to realise its not all the fault of our shite playing surface for our defeats. We lack enough players with composure on the ball,   players capable of making simple passes to team-mates,  players wiho play with a bit of energy and who hassle the opposition,  Dunfermline seemed to do all these things better than us and merited the win,  as did Alloa  in the last game.  Of course the starting line-up was baffling but the sheer ineptitude of some players to do the basics was just as frustrating. Johnston doesn't help himself with some of his decisions but I'm hoping when,  or if,  we ever have a full squad to pick from that we can be just a bit less shite in the remaining games than at least two other teams. Strange how we've picked up a few injuries during training when the performances during some matches suggest the team do very little at training. 

The minute I saw the team sheet, I knew we were beaten. Wilson at centre half, with Semple on the bench is a joke. No defenders on the posts at corners, (until it's too late), a joke. We give away a corner or a set piece, we all retreat, so there's no out ball and the opponents team can load players into our penalty box. Did anybody notice when Dunfermline got a corner with a couple of minutes to go, we left 3 attackers up the park, they had 5 players back covering them which meant no danger in our penalty box? We should leave 3 players up the park every time we give away a corner/free kick. We should have our smallest players (physically shortest) on our posts at corners, we should stop building a "wall" with small players, (which is physically pointless) and get them up the park and the opposition will pull their players back to cover them. It's not rocket science.  Sadly, we're a goner. Relegation is coming.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think people are starting to realise its not all the fault of our shite playing surface for our defeats. We lack enough players with composure on the ball,   players capable of making simple passes to team-mates,  players wiho play with a bit of energy and who hassle the opposition,  Dunfermline seemed to do all these things better than us and merited the win,  as did Alloa  in the last game.  Of course the starting line-up was baffling but the sheer ineptitude of some players to do the basics was just as frustrating. Johnston doesn't help himself with some of his decisions but I'm hoping when,  or if,  we ever have a full squad to pick from that we can be just a bit less shite in the remaining games than at least two other teams. Strange how we've picked up a few injuries during training when the performances during some matches suggest the team do very little at training. 

Pretty much this.

Of course the line-up was questionable and contributed to the performance.  The biggest frustration though concerns the standard of football played by those on the field.  The passing is at times disgraceful.  The basic touch of many of our player is repeatedly woeful.  Blaming the pitch doesn't really work when people who play on it a lot less frequently, seem to cope much better.

Our current side consists of too many players fortunate to have contracts at this level.

8 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Signing Wilson and then wasting him at Centre Back whilst leaving Semple on the bench was unforgivable for me.  

Our home record is a disgrace and with the pish being served up every week it’s no wonder folk aren’t coming through the turnstiles.

Last 6 home games, starting with the Scottish Cup tie against the team currently sixth in League 2:

LLWLLL

We have won 4 out of 15 home games in all competitions, and that includes 2 teams from League 2 that we failed to beat. The win rate is just over 25% and the chance of losing is over 50%. 

Last 6 home games, starting with the Scottish Cup tie against the team currently sixth in League 2:
LLWLLL
We have won 4 out of 15 home games in all competitions, and that includes 2 teams from League 2 that we failed to beat. The win rate is just over 25% and the chance of losing is over 50%. 

Yep it’s grim.

Say it quietly but Devine has improved since his return to the side. How was Murray out on the left? Better than Martin?

ETA just seen the goals back, horrific defending for the first 2 corners. The first one is a simple short corner and none of the queen's players move. Second one Devine has all the space in the world and beats the keeper at his front post.

Ashcroft's goal the defender marking him forgot to jump.

Edited by 101

26 minutes ago, Flash said:

LLWLLL

Put that way, the notable bit isn't the decline in our gates; it's that they've held up at all.

Going to Palmerston is seldom enjoyable, and I'm perfectly happy I'll not be doing so now for a few weeks.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Say it quietly but Devine has improved since his return to the side. How was Murray out on the left? Better than Martin?

ETA just seen the goals back, horrific defending for the first 2 corners. The first one is a simple short corner and none of the queen's players move. Second one Devine has all the space in the world and beats the keeper at his front post.

Ashcroft's goal the defender marking him forgot to jump.

That's one of our basic,  and not just recent,  problems that players switch off or are not alert enough. First goal we were probably still more concerned and focused on arguing if it really was a corner (I have my doubts). Lead up to the  second goal,  our keeper and defender maybe have to do better with the cross ball, could Lyons have done better than knocking it out for a cheap corner,  even leaving it and then dealing with the forward.  It was a cracking corner  in from Thomas,  Devine hardly has all the space in the World but he gets a yard on switched off Wilson to get a glancing header just inside the post,  cracking finish. Third goal the defender just basically not defending or doing enough to put Ashcroft off. 

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's one of our basic,  and not just recent,  problems that players switch off or are not alert enough. First goal we were probably still more concerned and focused on arguing if it really was a corner (I have my doubts). Lead up to the  second goal,  our keeper and defender maybe have to do better with the cross ball, could Lyons have done better than knocking it out for a cheap corner,  even leaving it and then dealing with the forward.  It was a cracking corner  in from Thomas,  Devine hardly has all the space in the World but he gets a yard on switched off Wilson to get a glancing header just inside the post,  cracking finish. Third goal the defender just basically not defending or doing enough to put Ashcroft off. 

A hell of a lot more space than he should have. Totally unchallenged as he makes his run. Like you say it's a cracking finish.

Pitch looks bad in the box is it due to be relayed soon?

Screenshot_20200202-110011.jpg

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

A hell of a lot more space than he should have. Totally unchallenged as he makes his run. Like you say it's a cracking finish.

Pitch looks bad in the box is it due to be relayed soon?

Screenshot_20200202-110011.jpg

Unchallenged because the defender isn't alert doesn't go with him like he should. 

The pitch never looks good on telly,  or "in the flesh"  to be fair.  It's been down a few years now,  actually a replacement for an even worse looking one if that's possible.  If these pitches have a working life of 5 or 6 years it's bound to be due for replacement soon,  whether we've got the finances to do that I've no idea.  It's maybe not used as much as some artificial pitches so may last a bit longer.