Queens v Dunfermline

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Penalty was an absolute joke. Referee was beyond terrible. Thankfully it didn’t matter.

Again, I thought Danny Devine had a great game! Absolutely nuts and his goal was a great bit of movement to get on the end of it. Fair play to him.

Turner sold the jerseys for the first goal. Another poor game from him and he’s lucky to get away with it. He should be dropped next game IMO.

Thomas was quiet today and made some poor decisions. Nisbet definitely changed things for us when he came on; we looked more of a threat and he was clearly causing havoc amongst the defence. Hopefully there’s not much to him being on the bench.

A very welcome 3 points. The difference between ourselves and QoS today was the fact we took our chances. A really poor game tbh from both sides.

100% agree. We've won the last 2 games in spite of him playing rather than him contributing positively.

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Had a conversation at the game today about this. We got rid of Naysmith because it was turgid and gave AJ a 2 year deal. I'm not sure we are any better than we were last season.

We are in this division so definitely better off (for now) 

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Semple was fit enough to play 70 minutes at Ayr, he scored and helped keep a clean sheet for 70 minutes. Fit or not fit.

To increase to match fitness you need to play games.

Since that game the defence has been a bit of a disaster. 

This has nothing to do with fitness. It is purely down to the manager not rating Semple as a player.

Which he is fully entitled to do.

Maybe he should ask Naysmith about how good he was first time round then. Honestly couldn't believe he didn't start today! Absolute joke, what must the boy be thinking!! 

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Maybe he should ask Naysmith about how good he was first time round then. Honestly couldn't believe he didn't start today! Absolute joke, what must the boy be thinking!! 

I totally agree.

It is easy to forget he is still only 21 years old. 

Out of nearly 40 games I think you could count on one hand the number of poor games he has had.

The et up defensively for a corer is shocking, everyone in and around 4 yards of the 6 yard box, just invites a short corner, possession to pars if cleared, pars time to run onto the crossed ball while our players are static. The second pars goal was comically the distance he came to side foot the low corner into the near post

Then check out set up when we get a corner, it just feels as if it's a ball into the middle in hit and hope fashion, that's when Dobbie does beat the first man.

Could have been 4 goals in the first 2 mins  but afterwards corners apart thought Wilson and Devine did OK. Devine got better as the game went on

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

What one m9?

All three were from corners.

Think he means the first. From the main stand it looked questionable, hard to tell who it came off of.

The 2nd one definitely was a corner, but shouldn't have been. Keeper should have claimed it or at least organised his defenders so they knew what was going on around them.

5 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Does anyone know what is wrong with Osman and Murray?

Overheard chat from the press box saying it was injuries, same with Kilday and Mercer obviously. Didnt hear any mention of Semple being injured or unfit, just pretty much the same as most on here - baffled questioning of why a centre half is on the bench whilst the midfield is weak and our best midfielder is at centre back.

The most dangerous thing any Queens player other than Dobbie did on the deck was when Wilson was up for a freekick and beat his man to the left of the box before firing across goal.

I hope no Motherwell staff were watching. Devine looks like he could be alright, and is good on the ball, but you could hear AJ urging him to lump it forward time and time again when he had his head up looking for a pass.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

These officials are absolutely mental, the decision to book Comrie for diving is one of the weirdest I've seen in a while. 

Edit-He also gave us a free kick for a reason no one seems aware off, no one was claiming for anyone and we had good possession, very weird. 

Comrie wasnt booked.

That freekick was weird. Holt took out his man after the ball had gone, that was what the freekick was for, but Pars had possession so there was no need fo stop play. He also twice (rightly) let play go on when Kidd had fouled someone, acknowledged the foul, and then seemingly forgot to go back and book him.

Not fair to give the defence pelters given how makeshift it was through injuries and lack of international clearance in Ledger’s case. Non corner sees players moaning at ref while Pars play it short and the guy has the freedom of the shire to pick a cross. Symptomatic of how makeshift it all was. Why didn’t Semple play? I felt sorry for the young Motherwell lad with no experienced player alongside to help him out. He did well considering. Very disappointed to see the excellent Iain Wilson being played in defence.

Up front - why play Jack Hamilton wide and give the Pars central defenders an easier time of it?

Our injury list better clear up soon and the new signings hit the ground running or we are doomed.

Edited by Tam

Are you a mate of Devine.  outstanding you have to be joking and to compare him to Kerr maybe might be close to be as good as Kerr in a few years but nowhere near it right now .Why the hell AJ signed a 18 boy with no experience is asking for trouble still he signed a centre midfielder in Wilson and plays him at the back  when Semple is on the bench .
Have to hope Kilday is not out long and that the new defender is very good !!!!!.
Stewart you can see why Livi don't rate him he just does not command his box

Am no a mate of Devine, just someone from a football background trying to give an honest opinion. I used the word “reminded” never once said he was as good as Jason.

I can see why people get so frustrated with you on P n B Northfield 53! You have never anything positive or constructive to say! You actually remind me of the great Ricki Fulton character the Rev.I.M Jolly!

Chill oot m8, life’s too short!!

Thomas was quiet today and made some poor decisions. Nisbet definitely changed things for us when he came on; we looked more of a threat and he was clearly causing havoc amongst the defence. Hopefully there’s not much to him being on the bench.  

That's what you're going to get with Thomas. One week he's unplayable, the next he's a passenger. He wasn't exactly a passenger today but he was very quiet. I wonder if Crawford will switch him to RM at some point. That's where we played him as he enjoyed cutting in and shooting. He tried that a couple of times today but his shooting with his right foot was terrible.

I thought Nisbet was pretty quiet. You were on top before he came on and the penalty was almost against the run of play. I can't think of Pars having more chances after he came on compared to before he was used.

He gave it the big get it up ye and shhh sign to Pars fans when they went 1-0 up.

He did but he was getting a fair bit of slagging before it. Don't mind players doing that if they've been getting slagged. Always makes me laugh when fans dish it out and go all Helen Lovejoy when players have the audacity to give it back a little.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's what you're going to get with Thomas. One week he's unplayable, the next he's a passenger. He wasn't exactly a passenger today but he was very quiet. I wonder if Crawford will switch him to RM at some point. That's where we played him as he enjoyed cutting in and shooting. He tried that a couple of times today but his shooting with his right foot was terrible.

I thought Nisbet was pretty quiet. You were on top before he came on and the penalty was almost against the run of play. I can't think of Pars having more chances after he came on compared to before he was used.

He did but he was getting a fair bit of slagging before it. Don't mind players doing that if they've been getting slagged. Always makes me laugh when fans dish it out and go all Helen Lovejoy when players have the audacity to give it back a little.

Thomas won’t play right wing, that’s Dow’s position and he’s playing too well to move him.

as for being quiet.  We got 2 goals from his deliveries , you can’t complain about that. 

nisbet meh, apparently carrying an injury but looked fine when coming on, almost set up Afolabi(we need a nickname for him fast, there’s no way I’m spelling that anywhere near correctly for the rest of the season) 

I can’t complain about Dobbie,  gets stick, sets up a goal and gives some back, we get the chance to shut him back up and get the winner.   That’s one of the joys of football.

Thomas won’t play right wing, that’s Dow’s position and he’s playing too well to move him.
as for being quiet.  We got 2 goals from his deliveries , you can’t complain about that. 
nisbet meh, apparently carrying an injury but looked fine when coming on, almost set up Afolabi(we need a nickname for him fast, there’s no way I’m spelling that anywhere near correctly for the rest of the season) 
I can’t complain about Dobbie,  gets stick, sets up a goal and gives some back, we get the chance to shut him back up and get the winner.   That’s one of the joys of football.
Aye I doubt he displaces Dow. Quiet only by his standards. We saw enough of him to know he's capable of ripping sides apart single handedly, he never got close to that today. It was interesting to see him at LM though because Naysmith used to get stick for playing him at RM. I reckon he prefers RM due to him cutting in and striking. He did it a couple of times today but he's right foot is nowhere near as good as his left.

Not sure why the young lads were giving it the "Stephen Dobbie... Yer a w****r, yer a w****r" song as it's not as if there is any beef there. To do the "shhhhh" after they scored is absolutely fair.

I know Queens fans aren't happy at Hamilton playing wide left but that was the out ball all game, isolating him against Comrie. If you had a midfield runner or a second striker, or had Dobbie been more switched on, you could have had some joy there as he won a lot. Oliver likes scoring against us almost as much as he likes a dive.

I have spoken to many Queens fans today & read opinions online and they are all asking the same thing - Why play new loan signing Wilson our best midfield option today at CB when we had Semple an experienced Championship level CB sitting on the bench even if he could only last 60/70 mins. 

Wish AJ would come clean & tell the fans what issues he has with Semple, cause us fans just can't understand his logic, the boy played 60/70 good mins at Ayr last year also scoring yet he can't get a look in. Surely this ain't doing his confidence any good. 

Even with all the injuries and unavailable players I am sure most could have picked a starting 11 line up today with players in natural positions. 

My starting 11 - Stewart, Lyon Semple Devine Holt, Oliver Wilson Pybus Paton, Hamilton & Dobbie in a 442 formation. 

Not sure why the young lads were giving it the "Stephen Dobbie... Yer a w****r, yer a w****r" song as it's not as if there is any beef there. To do the "shhhhh" after they scored is absolutely fair.

I know Queens fans aren't happy at Hamilton playing wide left but that was the out ball all game, isolating him against Comrie. If you had a midfield runner or a second striker, or had Dobbie been more switched on, you could have had some joy there as he won a lot. Oliver likes scoring against us almost as much as he likes a dive.
Just because he's a good player probably. Shankland got pelters last year from our "young team" and he's done nothing to deserve it. He doesn't show up against us either so it's not as if he's hurt us. It's just part and parcel of being a good player I suppose. I expect Nisbet will be on the end of it in our meeting up the road.
AJ is tactically inept and unless he outpspends rivals theres no way he would win the championship.
His success comes from being the old firm of league one. A trained monkey could have won it with the QOTS and Pars sides he had.
I don't want him to win the division, staying in it will do! You're right though. He's riding on that wave.