Queens v Dunfermline

34 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

So it was all their fault? 

Of course not, but whilst I'm not laying the blame completely at their feet I'm not willing to absolve them of any either just because they are new.  No-one comes out of it looking great to be honest, but I would lay most of the blame with the manager.  Starting Brownlie and not starting Hamilton were both massive errors.

31 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Of course not, but whilst I'm not laying the blame completely at their feet I'm not willing to absolve them of any either just because they are new.  No-one comes out of it looking great to be honest, but I would lay most of the blame with the manager.  Starting Brownlie and not starting Hamilton were both massive errors.

Fair enough but your post (to me and possibly the casual reader) inferred that they were chiefly instrumental in the defeat. Nothing to do with them being new though but they weren't the main culprits, although Devine may have had a significant part to play in conceding one of the goals.  As for the keeper,  I'm struggling to think where significant blame can be attached for any of the goals, I didn't have the best view of winning goal and haven't watched "highlights" so he may have been partly culpable there, otherwise he wasn't seriously tested as far as I recall. Unless the manager was aware,  or had a feeling beforehand,  that Brownlie wasn't mentally tuned in for the game I don't think he can be blamed for starting him,  he's been steady enough in previous games. Once it was apparent that he was playing mince he should have been hooked though,  Johnston has shown before he's not afraid to hook off poor performers early in games. (Semple and McCarthy).   I agree that he should have started with Hamilton and not the silhouette that is Oliver. 

On 26/01/2020 at 18:32, smpar said:

We improved a fair bit on Friday night but I don’t think there was anything “really impressive” about our overall performance. We gained a lot of confidence after going a goal (and two) up but before that we were every bit as shit as Dundee.

Exactly this. If we'd conceded first on Friday then we'd have capitulated like we always do but thankfully we got the opening goal and kicked on to a decent performance. We managed the game well and despite Dundee being utterly rotten, should take confidence from the display.

Experience tells me this will be a score draw but as has been mentioned it's a fool's errand to try and predict results when two desperately poor sides go up against one another.

It says it all about the (lack of) quality in this division when neither set of fans are confident of a win in these threads. Even Utd fans would have been happy with a point against us pre-match.

Easy win for Stevie Crawford's boys. Thomas to get his first goal, Ashcroft header and Nisbet with a tap in.

That's more like it.

10 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Worrying about the RB situation. If Mercer is out injured, it didn’t look great on Saturday, it’ll be likely Lyon, or possibly Kidd, up against Dom Thomas. If Thomas is on his game, he could grab a few here

Lyon is more than capable of filling in at RB. I’d rather he was in midfield tho.

Lyon is more than capable of filling in at RB. I’d rather he was in midfield tho.

He’s capable, but would still expect Thomas to have the beating of him. Lyon at RB means Paton in midfield. Despite not being too bad at the weekend, I’d still far rather Lyon in midfield meaning Kidd at RB.

None of this will matter if we sign a midfielder or Mercer is indeed fit.