St Johnstone v Celtic, Wednesday 29/01/20

1. They cause bother no matter how many of them turn up
2. The home crowd tonight apparently isnt any lower than usual
3. Its just a trial
4. Our home support is down to its core support anyway, we cant continue as a top flight side without getting more money into the club, sadly this is the only guaranteed route for that

Fair enough, like I said, I’m not against it. Just a shame that clubs feel the need to do it.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You have to acknowledge the reasons why though, and why admitting more of them is only ever going to exacerbate it, and carries with it a more broad and moral question about your clubs part in the health of Scottish football and the fan experience.

Looking only at the money these tickets make IMO conveniently ignores what I think should be an obligation of all SPFL member clubs to push harder for the matchday experience not to be dominated by hostile, scummy and sectarian behaviour of these fans.

The club have no choice. Its diddy as f**k but that's where the saints fans who stay away have forced us.

Nobody likes it but if we're to maintain, or progress, income needs to rise. The club are bringing through a lot of youngsters now to try and get fees, but until then, this fills the gap.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Its worth mentioning the 3 stand thing is just a trial for this season, to see what happens.
The home support have been given over a decade of incredible prices, successful football, and not handing the stadium over to other clubs. The home support has dropped to the same level we got in the second tier.
Theres nobody to blame apart from the Saints fans who cant be arsed going.

I’ve said before but most of these “incredible prices” have been targeted at the wrong group of supporters

So you do have the time and money ...

Simple answer was you hate going to home games and giving money to the team you support.

I hate giving money to the team I support? Behave yourself. I hate paying over the odds for a totally shite experience. At least if I have to pay over the odds for an away game (as over priced tickets is not just a St Johnstone issue its a Scottish football one) I still get the enjoyable experience of doing the things I mentioned in the previous post.

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I’ve said before but most of these “incredible prices” have been targeted at the wrong group of supporters

They could only lower prices for one group.

Are they better trying to get families and young kids along, or blokes approaching an age where theyll start having kids and moving to different parts of the country?

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

RandomGuy is a club shill. Steve Brown’s not going to shag you m8.

You're a grown man who shares pints. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The club have no choice. Its diddy as f**k but that's where the saints fans who stay away have forced us.

Nobody likes it but if we're to maintain, or progress, income needs to rise. The club are bringing through a lot of youngsters now to try and get fees, but until then, this fills the gap.

Like I say, glad Its not my job to come up with the answers. It's likely that I would opt to harm my own club rather than bow to these c***s. 

*shrugs*
Only our second game playing this system, and our defence includes Wallace Duffy and a leff back playing at centre back, against Griffiths and Edouard. I think almost every Saints fans knew a humping was on the cards here.
Few things to come out it so far though...
  • Another game playing this way to get players used to it
  • We now know Duffy is an awful wing back, aswell as centre back
  • Callum Booth ball watches a lot for a centre back, and that issue will hopefully be resolved when McCart replaces him. Better to learn that lesson tonight than Saturday
  • Ali McCann is our best player

Your knowledge of the game is obviously rotten. Booth whilst at fault twice turns round as he has a left wing back who obviously hasn’t given him a shout.

Duffy hasn’t done anything to cause concern.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Like I say, glad Its not my job to come up with the answers. It's likely that I would opt to harm my own club rather than bow to these c***s. 

Honour means nothing when you're rattling about the second tier.

Our crowds would have us as a Morton type club. Some fans claim theyd prefer that than to hand over the stadium 3 times a season for a game nobody is forced to attend.

They could only lower prices for one group.
Are they better trying to get families and young kids along, or blokes approaching an age where theyll start having kids and moving to different parts of the country?

They should be offering attractive prices for teenagers who want to come alone or with their mates. Even continuing up to early twenties. If we get them we are more likely to keep them. Young kids with a short attention span or parents who really don’t want to sit with them in the cold weather are never likely to be long term unless the parent is what is commonly known as a “die hard”.

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

They should be offering attractive prices for teenagers who want to come alone or with their mates. Even continuing up to early twenties. If we get them we are more likely to keep them. Young kids with a short attention span or parents who really don’t want to sit with them in the cold weather are never likely to be long term unless the parent is what is commonly known as a “die hard”.

18 year olds get in for £13.

No injuries ✅

Fringe players given minutes ✅

Avoid ending the night with the worst GD in the league ✅

New signing given minutes with an eye to the big weekend game ✅

Woud've been nice to have put up more of a fight, but thats it done and out the fucking way.