St Johnstone v Celtic, Wednesday 29/01/20

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Are you implying jamamafegan isn’t a ‘real’ fan then I suppose? What a load of shite. 

Na. Who am I to say who is a real fan and who isn't?!

I know a fair few Saints fans that choose not to go to OF matches, and it's completely understandable.

I think Tam has pretty well summed it up for me there. It's getting irate about it at the club and those accepting the reality when it hardly affects you that I think is nonsense.

Its absolutely shite in Scottish football, and for Saints in particular, that we have to do this. But the club have decided to sell seats rather than leave them empty to cover losses.  I don't like it, but I'll get it.

And to be honest, inside the stadium surrounded by their fans singing felt no different from other OF games.

Funniest thing last night was Craigan saying that it was Spoony's tackle that caused Johnstones injury,  cue clip of Johnstone going in over the ball as Spoony had possesion and was just in the act of passing. Then Lennon telling Johnstone to f**k off.  Mint!!

48 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Funniest thing last night was Craigan saying that it was Spoony's tackle that caused Johnstones injury,  cue clip of Johnstone going in over the ball as Spoony had possesion and was just in the act of passing. Then Lennon telling Johnstone to f**k off.  Mint!!

That'll be the highlight of your season.

Can't believe the tears and moaning from the home fans after a game that "no one was bothered about".

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Romeo said:
That'll be the highlight of your season.
Can't believe the tears and moaning from the home fans after a game that "no one was bothered about".

Shut up bennett

The ultimate insult.

Na. Who am I to say who is a real fan and who isn't?!
I know a fair few Saints fans that choose not to go to OF matches, and it's completely understandable.
I think Tam has pretty well summed it up for me there. It's getting irate about it at the club and those accepting the reality when it hardly affects you that I think is nonsense.
Its absolutely shite in Scottish football, and for Saints in particular, that we have to do this. But the club have decided to sell seats rather than leave them empty to cover losses.  I don't like it, but I'll get it.
And to be honest, inside the stadium surrounded by their fans singing felt no different from other OF games.

See I’m different to you and pretty much ever other saints fan on this forum as it seems. I don’t accept the “reality” because I realise there are ways to try and fix this. As I’ve said over and over again - giving out ground to the mutants is a short term unsustainable solution to a ever growing problem. What happens if we go down and the OF aren’t there to give us the extra money? What replaces that? The club has already rubbed many supporters up the wrong way because of this, they won’t be back. Our fan base is dwindling and this is the clubs response - give the OF more seats. And saints fans on here have he absolute red neck to say “aye but it’s the people who don’t go to games? It’s their fault!” Sorry, but not all of us have the time or money to spend our hard earned cash on the principles of loyalty to our team. That’s why I save my money and go to some away games. I’ll go with mates, some of which support teams like Celtic and Hearts but they come for the day out, the enjoyment and to support the saints. There isn’t a hope in hell of getting them along to McDiarmid, because it. Is. Fucking. Shite. No decent pubs nearby, no excitement around the ground, cold and grey behind the turnstiles. Maybe if there was something actually worth going to the ground for more people like myself would go. Saints have lost their connection to the community in my opinion. They aren’t interested in putting any money into making watching St Johnstone a better experience, and they sure as hell won’t spend the money they just made off the back of this game to improve the situation.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

See I’m different to you and pretty much ever other saints fan on this forum as it seems. I don’t accept the “reality” because I realise there are ways to try and fix this. As I’ve said over and over again - giving out ground to the mutants is a short term unsustainable solution to a ever growing problem. What happens if we go down and the OF aren’t there to give us the extra money? What replaces that? The club has already rubbed many supporters up the wrong way because of this, they won’t be back. Our fan base is dwindling and this is the clubs response - give the OF more seats. And saints fans on here have he absolute red neck to say “aye but it’s the people who don’t go to games? It’s their fault!” Sorry, but not all of us have the time or money to spend our hard earned cash on the principles of loyalty to our team. That’s why I save my money and go to some away games. I’ll go with mates, some of which support teams like Celtic and Hearts but they come for the day out, the enjoyment and to support the saints. There isn’t a hope in hell of getting them along to McDiarmid, because it. Is. Fucking. Shite. No decent pubs nearby, no excitement around the ground, cold and grey behind the turnstiles. Maybe if there was something actually worth going to the ground for more people like myself would go. Saints have lost their connection to the community in my opinion. They aren’t interested in putting any money into making watching St Johnstone a better experience, and they sure as hell won’t spend the money they just made off the back of this game to improve the situation.

Yet again, you dont actually say what you think would solve this.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Why sign a new player to improve the team when we could spend it on some blue and white paint for the block walls inside! There’s also the small fact that saints can’t control what pubs are nearby and the fact that they won’t get a license from PCK for a “fanszone” based on thief current debates.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yes I have, go back through the Saints thread and see the posts from out previous discussion on this where I talked about fan zones etc.

So your solution to Saints average crowd dropping, and £350k losses every season, is to spend money having the Muirton Suite outside every second week?

A wee seating area outside in 2 degrees would be enough to tempt you to travel 3 hours for the game?

Edited by RandomGuy.

So your solution to Saints average crowd dropping, and £350k losses every season, is to spend money having the Muirton Suite outside every second week?
A wee seating area outside in 2 degrees would be enough to tempt you to travel 3 hours for the game?

f**k having a discussion with you, I’m the one coming up with reasonable ideas - the fanzone worked in the past - for some bizarre reason you are against that and indeed any other kind of fun ideas to be had. A negative, utterly boring individual.

A fan zone would be a novelty and would probably attract folk in the summer, but I can't see that really holding water at this time of the year. It'll be cold, dark, rainy/snowy so we'd end up setting it up and maybe a handful of hardy souls would turn up to it. Not to say it's not worth exploring in the summer but it wouldn't solve the dwindling attendances in the winter.

When you speak to ex-attendees it tends to come down to a few things - entertainment, price, atmosphere probably being the 3 main ones. Entertainmant is the thing that's most easily sorted by the kinds of players we're bringing into the club. Whether we bring in more skillful players, change to playing the high press like we did in Wright's early days at the club or just go balls out every week, there are ways and means. The club wont reduce the prices during a season because of season ticket holders and are probably unlikely to do so at all anyway as it still represents too big a chunk of our income. If we did reduce the prices and it didn't work, we'd be stuck with lower ticket prices but the same crowd so can understand why the club haven't done that. Atmosphere is the one thing fans are in control of - that's easily sorted just by people getting involved and joining in. FCU get a lot of praise but I often heard them singing songs that I hadn't before and had no idea what they were - that's not really creating an atmosphere outside of their wee group.

Edited by Kyle

36 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Maybe if there was something actually worth going to the ground for more people like myself would go. 

There is, it's called St Johnstone. 

22 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Shut the f**k up Tam

I think you should heed your own words, you've done a bit too much talking lately.

Jam will fix it for you, and you and you and you

32 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

f**k having a discussion with you, I’m the one coming up with reasonable ideas - the fanzone worked in the past - for some bizarre reason you are against that and indeed any other kind of fun ideas to be had. A negative, utterly boring individual.

We dont agree because you think a club who have had the best decade in their history, combined with low relative prices, can gain fans by setting up chairs and tables outside in the freezing cold.

Fan Zones? Half time enertainment? 'Match day experiance'?......f**k right off! 

Its bad enough we have fucking mascots and 'celebration' music and all that shite, the latter totally ruined the cup final.

There are many reasons not to attend, but because there is not enough other things on offer?  Saints and a Pie and Bovil and maybe a quick pint in the club is all you should need......fucking entitled millenials!