Arthurlie sack their manager

king Henrik7

10 hours ago, Mine Man said:

Do you thing the committee will support there ambitions? Sometimes you need to go that bit extra financially to bring in players that the management want.

They will support them as much as they can but there is no money pot at Dunterlie.  I am certain the guys knew that before they took the job. 

Edited by Satori.

56 minutes ago, Satori. said:

The will support them as much as they can but there is no money pot at Dunterlie.  I am certain the guys knew that before they took the job. 

To be honest, and just my opinion. A big budget doesn't guarantee success. Look at my club Rossvale. There will be clubs way lower down paying more than we do. I would imagine our highest paid player gets less than Talbot's, Pollok's, Beith's etc. lowest paid player, yet we have made it to the top division and are giving a decent account of ourselves. 7 of our regular starting 11this season, were in the team that won the old first division 2 seasons ago. The reason for that is we got a group of good young players in a few seasons ago, appointed young hungry managers Gints, then Moff and now Gorms. All with fresh ideas that the team bought into. Despite plenty of interest from elsewhere with a lot more money offered, 7 starters are still there 3 seasons later.

The key to Arthurlie getting back on top is getting the recruitment right and creating an environment that makes the players want to stay, and not chase money elsewhere. 

The will support them as much as they can but there is no money pot at Dunterlie.  I am certain the guys knew that before they took the job. 

I agree, we need to find younger players coming through and already have some right good local talent in the team, plus I’m sure the new management team with have good contacts in and around Glasgow, so I’m confident they can build around the younger players we have and get a competitive team on the park.

14 hours ago, DanMan said:

To be honest, and just my opinion. A big budget doesn't guarantee success. Look at my club Rossvale. There will be clubs way lower down paying more than we do. I would imagine our highest paid player gets less than Talbot's, Pollok's, Beith's etc. lowest paid player, yet we have made it to the top division and are giving a decent account of ourselves. 7 of our regular starting 11this season, were in the team that won the old first division 2 seasons ago. The reason for that is we got a group of good young players in a few seasons ago, appointed young hungry managers Gints, then Moff and now Gorms. All with fresh ideas that the team bought into. Despite plenty of interest from elsewhere with a lot more money offered, 7 starters are still there 3 seasons later.

The key to Arthurlie getting back on top is getting the recruitment right and creating an environment that makes the players want to stay, and not chase money elsewhere. 

All that proves is that you have no imagination for nick-names in Bishopbriggs.

The real big teams have chaps called Pee-Wee and Tucker and the like.

Just think where you'd be if you gave your lads proper fitba nick-names.

I think with the pulling power geo has and the talent of players himself , McArdle and Palmer could attract Arthurlie will be challenging next season . Watch this space [emoji6]
Theres a guy on the site am working on claiming hes going 2 athurlie next season. Ill no say his name as hes playing for another club.

Mon the papers

All that proves is that you have no imagination for nick-names in Bishopbriggs.
The real big teams have chaps called Pee-Wee and Tucker and the like.
Just think where you'd be if you gave your lads proper fitba nick-names.
Whis nickname is pee-wee? Dont think id like this 1 tbh lol

Mon the papers

I actually know a few boys who’s going next season as well . Again it’s not fair to mention their names as they play for other teams.

You guys are killing me here [emoji23], I will just have to wait till they are signed. Excited about next season, hopeful we get it right this time.