Arthurlie sack their manager

king Henrik7

The members own it ... it’s certainly not the man the runs it that owns it 

You are correct but those members don’t have to be part of the football club. The social club has always been a separate entity.

Personally I haven’t been a member of he social club since 2011 and haven’t been in the place since 2017 so I can’t possibly speak to what is happening.

Neilston have done fantastically well on the field this season and deserve credit for what they have done and what they are doing. Arthurlie fans are always going the defend their club just as Neilston fans would. Good luck to them for the rest of the season but personally I don’t see them as rivals and don’t really pay much attention to their results.

Think we all got a bit carried away with ourselves with the name calling and stuff.  It took the Kilmarnock/Arthurlie fan to pint out we are just supporting our team....or teams in most of you boys cases. Anyway I'll leave you with this as a short snippet into the workings of you big boys who belong in the big league etc etc blah blah

4 years ago Neilston paid money for 2 players from Arthurlie,small fee's,but money none the less. The 2 players came through your academy but your manager at the time ,who I know for a fact was backed better than any manager before him in recent years,wanted the cash from these 2 transfers and was given the green light by those above. Those 2 players have went on to be pivotal in everything Neilston are doing at the moment. Best bit is you had one of them on trial at the beginning of this season but for whatever reason he ended up back in the sunshine up yon hill

fast forward to 2/3managers for yourselves later and at the beginning of this season you signed 3 players who were released by Neilston (never heard of in all my years following Neilston) 1 of whom is back with us,1of whom has chucked it altogether and 1of whom I believe is still with you but isn't getting a game?

what I am getting at is your club has been in a steady decline for the past 10 years,support is dwindling week in week out,depending on where your other teams are playing and changing manager after manager is not working,that is obvious for all to see. So you can come on here with your insults and your shitty comments to me and anyone else that has an opinion. That is all

Think we all got a bit carried away with ourselves with the name calling and stuff.  It took the Kilmarnock/Arthurlie fan to pint out we are just supporting our team....or teams in most of you boys cases. Anyway I'll leave you with this as a short snippet into the workings of you big boys who belong in the big league etc etc blah blah
4 years ago Neilston paid money for 2 players from Arthurlie,small fee's,but money none the less. The 2 players came through your academy but your manager at the time ,who I know for a fact was backed better than any manager before him in recent years,wanted the cash from these 2 transfers and was given the green light by those above. Those 2 players have went on to be pivotal in everything Neilston are doing at the moment. Best bit is you had one of them on trial at the beginning of this season but for whatever reason he ended up back in the sunshine up yon hill
fast forward to 2/3managers for yourselves later and at the beginning of this season you signed 3 players who were released by Neilston (never heard of in all my years following Neilston) 1 of whom is back with us,1of whom has chucked it altogether and 1of whom I believe is still with you but isn't getting a game?
what I am getting at is your club has been in a steady decline for the past 10 years,support is dwindling week in week out,depending on where your other teams are playing and changing manager after manager is not working,that is obvious for all to see. So you can come on here with your insults and your shitty comments to me and anyone else that has an opinion. That is all

I for one was gutted that those two players were sold and pleased they have gone onto to do well for themselves. Two cracking players and great people to boot.

I will say it again till I am blue in the face. Only one manager that left was sacked due to results and none left due to interference that I am aware of. Arthurlie have changed managers more often than other clubs but there are a variety of reasons for this. It’s not good and has lead to a hell of an amount of instability at Dunterlie. It needs to stop but it also means getting the right people in. As your rightly point out our budget will be better than average for this league and results weren’t there. The committee had to act to rectify this should they not?

Anyway it’s all done now. Good luck to Neilston in the Scottish quarter finals and we will be up the road in the near future.

On 28/01/2020 at 21:48, lookinforgoals said:

I absolutely love going up the hill, got so many good friends and have so much respect for everything thats happening on and off the park with all the academy sides doing so well.

For me, as an Arthurlie fan, the big difference for me is that if you walk through both towns an hour after a home game and ask say ten people if they know the score, eight? of ten in Neilston would know or point you in the direction of someone who does while in Barrhead youd be lucky if you found one. Its a comunnity thing and pulling together for the better of the club.

For me while everyone, and rightly so, raves about Talbot and how they run themselves with different committees for different goals, but for me Neilston is a fantastic example in that the wee, well behaved I must say, 'neds' in the shed those years ago are now the committee bar a couple of long timers. Everyone up the hill does it for the love of the club and, although I dont know of any but, if there are any fall outs they are put to one side as its all about the club.

You dont have to like someone to work with them as long as the aim is the same.

15 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

I absolutely love going up the hill, got so many good friends and have so much respect for everything thats happening on and off the park with all the academy sides doing so well.

For me, as an Arthurlie fan, the big difference for me is that if you walk through both towns an hour after a home game and ask say ten people if they know the score, eight? of ten in Neilston would know or point you in the direction of someone who does while in Barrhead youd be lucky if you found one. Its a comunnity thing and pulling together for the better of the club.

For me while everyone, and rightly so, raves about Talbot and how they run themselves with different committees for different goals, but for me Neilston is a fantastic example in that the wee, well behaved I must say, 'neds' in the shed those years ago are now the committee bar a couple of long timers. Everyone up the hill does it for the love of the club and, although I dont know of any but, if there are any fall outs they are put to one side as its all about the club.

Spot on junior fitba in a nutshell no man is bigger than the club 

On 28/01/2020 at 22:16, Arthurlie1981 said:

I for one was gutted that those two players were sold and pleased they have gone onto to do well for themselves. Two cracking players and great people to boot.

I will say it again till I am blue in the face. Only one manager that left was sacked due to results and none left due to interference that I am aware of. Arthurlie have changed managers more often than other clubs but there are a variety of reasons for this. It’s not good and has lead to a hell of an amount of instability at Dunterlie. It needs to stop but it also means getting the right people in. As your rightly point out our budget will be better than average for this league and results weren’t there. The committee had to act to rectify this should they not?

Anyway it’s all done now. Good luck to Neilston in the Scottish quarter finals and we will be up the road in the near future.

I agree those 2 lads were always going to be good players . Why they were let go by the then manager just shows how shortsighted he was.  He brought in players who did not match the quality he let go. He was not the start of our problems but added to them significantly.  

Once i agree about the turnover of managers.  I for one am not concerned about the amount of managers we have had but i am worried that we haven't found anyone up to this point who has been good enough. The other worry i have is that some of the committee who chose these guys are still doing the choosing. By all accounts it sounds as if they may have got this right at last but the proof will be in the pudding. 

My opinion is based purely on other junior supporters comments about him.  I try not to listen to people with an obviously massive chip on their shoulder about anything Arthurlie. 

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

Cracking post and absolutely spot on.   I go into the boozer after games and at least a dozen guys will ask how did " we " get on today. We?  Some of them haven't stepped inside Dunterlie in about 15 years. 

Neilston are showing Arthurlie how it should be done on and off the park and we should't be ashamed of following their blueprint .

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2020 at 13:42, Satori. said:

I agree those 2 lads were always going to be good players . Why they were let go by the then manager just shows how shortsighted he was.  He brought in players who did not match the quality he let go. He was not the start of our problems but added to them significantly.  

Once i agree about the turnover of managers.  I for one am not concerned about the amount of managers we have had but i am worried that we haven't found anyone up to this point who has been good enough. The other worry i have is that some of the committee who chose these guys are still doing the choosing. By all accounts it sounds as if they may have got this right at last but the proof will be in the pudding. 

My opinion is based purely on other junior supporters comments about him.  I try not to listen to people with an obviously massive chip on their shoulder about anything Arthurlie. 

Sorry for dragging this back up but I didn't see this earlier. I was shocked when the manager in question was appointed full time after three wins as a caretaker the reason being continuity with the players etc. Come the summer he punted everyone and brought in a completely new squad which IMO no matter what level you are at football or money wise takes time to gel but gel it did.....nt.

33 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Sorry for dragging this back up but I didn't see this earlier. I was shocked when the manager in question was appointed full time after three wins as a caretaker the reason being continuity with the players etc. Come the summer he punted everyone and brought in a completely new squad which IMO no matter what level you are at football or money wise takes time to gel but gel it did.....nt.

If I know Geo (and I do), expect a pretty much new squad for next season as well.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If I know Geo (and I do), expect a pretty much new squad for next season as well.

Different circumstances Peter, we were maybe three or four away from being decent, this time we are maybe the same number that are decent

2 minutes ago, Satori. said:

A lot will depend on how big our budget is , if we want to attract quality players.  

Think Arthurlie will have to break their pay budget as by all accounts he likes to be the highest paid at the club,the one thing is he would play every week as George  will never leave him out of the team no matter if he is playing bad or not 

I think with the pulling power geo has and the talent of players himself , McArdle and Palmer could attract Arthurlie will be challenging next season . Watch this space [emoji6]

Do you thing the committee will support there ambitions? Sometimes you need to go that bit extra financially to bring in players that the management want.