Arthurlie sack their manager

king Henrik7

Have you seen anything in the first half of the season that makes you think you can go turn it around for 2nd part of season ?
Absolutely. We only need to finish 4th bottom, remember.

We are 5 points ahead of Rob Roy.

We are 7 points behind Troon, but with 6 games in hand and still to play them at home.

We are 8 points behind Benburb, but with 2 games in hand and still to play them twice.

And there is still half a season to go, with them still to play some tough fixtures.

It's not an easy task, but by no means impossible, and our start to 2020 (4 points out of 6) since our change of shape has given me more encouragement. Add to that the return to fitness of Jay McKay who has been out for five months, he is a huge player for us.

As I said, time will tell. You may be right in the end (hopefully not), but it's far from a certainty at the moment.

It would be good if Glencairn did stay up as it'd shut up a few people on here!! They got promoted on merit....a table after a season never lies....and despite a dodgy and inconsistent start, they're not out of it. Who'd have thought Rossvale would be doing so well!! So, a few games to go and they've some in hand over Troon and who's to say another couple of teams go on a losing run and Glencairn win a few! Good signing in Drew Wingate,experience and determination...that'll inspire and encourage others in the team.

Time will tell. It's in our own hands.

To be honest I've been on here before we entered in to the season that we are having criticising the managerial merry go round at your club. I just take an interest in how a once "big" club in the juniors can fall away so rapidly while banking more cash from selling off surrounding areas of dunterlie than they banked when they were winning Scottish cups and the likes. Fair to say that some of the reactions I have read tonight points to lessons haven't been learned but I suppose time will tell. As for living in our heads rent free you couldn't be further from the truth but as you replied to my reply to someone else's post on this thread tells me that my comments got in your head🤦🏻‍♂️

My reply is due to the fact you spend more time on here talking about Arthurlie rather than your own club. But whatever 🤷‍♂️

Hope Arthurlie can rebuild as they are our great rivals but the decline over the last few years has been serious and it will take a huge effort to get them back in the Premier 
I can see Arthurlie coming back up in the next season or two. They are sitting 6th at the moment after a pretty poor season, so no reason they can't challenge for 3rd spot if they have a good run next season with the right management and signings.

Hope Arthurlie can rebuild as they are our great rivals but the decline over the last few years has been serious and it will take a huge effort to get them back in the Premier 

The new management team have a good young nucleus to build around. If the can add a couple of players in key positions then for me there is a chance to be in a better position next season if we can hold onto those players as there will be clubs from the division above looking at some of them.

Currently we have 4 youth academy graduates and two other players in from Barrhead YFC. Plus there have been several others involved this season and not looked out of place.

9 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

My reply is due to the fact you spend more time on here talking about Arthurlie rather than your own club. But whatever 🤷‍♂️

The drama surrounding your club keeps me coming back. What can I say. It's rivalry and when your threads keep churning out the same comedy gold it's hard to not comment. I'll watch from afar in future. Good luck with your youth academy

10 hours ago, Shannon said:
14 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

I can see Arthurlie coming back up in the next season or two. They are sitting 6th at the moment after a pretty poor season, so no reason they can't challenge for 3rd spot if they have a good run next season with the right management and signings.

That's what has struck me this season. It has seemed like the Arthurlie lads have craiked for months about the last manager when they really weren't doing all that badly. Having said that, their history suggests that they shouldn't be playing second fiddle to anyone in that league. Kind of countered my own argument there but I just don't think it has been as bad as the fans have made out.

However, not my club and even then I'm only going by results. Good luck to the new management team.

To be fair, although Arthurlie are currently 6th, Shotts and Kilsyth are tucked in just behind them with four and five games in hand respectively. They also have played multiple more games than the two teams directly above them, so it'll be tough for the new management team to improve on their current league position this season.

Next season, with what I expect to be a completely new squad, could be a different issue.

To be fair, although Arthurlie are currently 6th, Shotts and Kilsyth are tucked in just behind them with four and five games in hand respectively. They also have played multiple more games than the two teams directly above them, so it'll be tough for the new management team to improve on their current league position this season.
Next season, with what I expect to be a completely new squad, could be a different issue.

The rest of the season is for the management to see who to keep and nothing else. I would anticipate a whole new look next season with the ground work being done now.The difficult part will be getting in the players they want.

The rest of the season is for the management to see who to keep and nothing else. I would anticipate a whole new look next season with the ground work being done now.The difficult part will be getting in the players they want.

Exactly this. If the club was going to change the management team then the time to do it was now as it gives the incoming management team more time to asses and look to build for next season without much pressure on them.

55 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Exactly this.  I doubt very much we will end up in 6th position.  I'm just happy we won't go down and it gives the new guys that chance to run the rule over our squad.  Whatever happens im sure we will lose a load of players who were possibly at Dunterlie only because of the good relationship they had with Dunky.  The talk is that both Roulston and Urquart have been tapped up by Medda and a lowland league team respectively and are more than likely on the move.   Roulston will be particularly missed as he is by far our most influential player.  It would be a real feather in the cap of the new management if they could persuade them to stay.