Arthurlie sack their manager

king Henrik7

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If it's Fotheringham, coaching experience in 21s (Tower hearts) and Juniors (Lang/Glencairn) a decent background for market Lie operating in, yeah? 

Good shout.  If the guy has dealings in the 21s grade that is where we have picked up some decent lads this season and in the past so hope it works out. 

The official website has welcomed the new management team of Craig Palmer, Robert Kerr, Ryan McArdle and George Fotheringham.  That looks to me as if Palmer is the manager. . Anyway , good luck to all the guys, it's not going to be easy. 

The official website has welcomed the new management team of Craig Palmer, Robert Kerr, Ryan McArdle and George Fotheringham.  That looks to me as if Palmer is the manager. . Anyway , good luck to all the guys, it's not going to be easy. 
Good luck. [emoji106]

I never said anyone at Arthurlie? Read back through the thread. 

The bit about no one is laughing is tongue and cheek, everyone is. The whole of the footballing world knows exactly why you appoint a 21s manager.

1. No one worth their salt would touch it

2. Your skint and need a crop of fresh young players

both of these points however won’t fit in with the Arthurlie plan of instant success. Building a young side won’t get you back to previous success in the imminent future.

personally Duncan should have had the whole season, right now there’s not much anyone can do.

The bit about no one is laughing is tongue and cheek, everyone is. The whole of the footballing world knows exactly why you appoint a 21s manager.
both of these points however won’t fit in with the Arthurlie plan of instant success. Building a young side won’t get you back to previous success in the imminent future.
personally Duncan should have had the whole season, right now there’s not much anyone can do.

How do you know their skint ? Do you know what sort of wages etc get paid aye. Palmer and McArdle and George will attract better caliber of players than the old manager did

1. Not sure nobody would touch it when they never advertised it.

2. We already have a crop of youngsters who have been what is driving this team on.

We were going nowhere this season and it was time to change. We are not going up this season but hopefully the new management will come in and have time to build for next season.

Duncan did well last season coming in and managing to build a squad that missed out on promotion. The fans expected promotion this season and it hasn’t happened with some inconsistent form. For me keeping him till the end of the season was just a waste. Allow new management to come in and work up a plan and decide who to keep and who to go.

Good luck to them.

Personally speaking having worked with Ryan and Craig they are 2 great guys who worked hard. I wanted us to get young hungry managers in, guys that knew the junior game and have knowledge of under 21s/amateur and these guys tick the box.

Hopefully everything works out for them.