Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

Not so much...wholesale changes, it seems.
4-3-3? Or 4-3-1-2?

It's more of a 4-1-3-2. Hendry is sitting in front of the defence. He's been very disciplined so far, consistently ten or fifteen yards deeper than the midfield line of Matthews, Tait and Bowie. MacLean and Baird taking turns at being the most advanced forward.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Actually, I think as an experienced forward, when JMcG talked to him about his ability to play and any concerns, he will have said that he isn’t really ready for the first game...but that he might be useful in the latter stages. He’s surely done his research on us and knows that our current team is showing some life in goal scoring, and won’t be in any rush to barge in and disrupt any chemistry. Because he’s the wily veteran, he won’t expect to play first thing, but will understand that working in practice will greatly enhance his worth to the team.

As I’ve already suggested, if he was on five yellows, I’d expect him to draw a yellow quickly before a game versus someone like Stranraer, to clear the boards. With only four yellows now, that’s out of play, so there’s less need for him to debut tomorrow.

Now, where did I put that chalk?

Such foresight...holding up this one is.

18 hours ago, Raithie said:

It’s tradition that our loan players start on the bench. He’ll get a run out for the last 20 minutes or so.

Yep, seems JMcG is not huge on tradition this week

20 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sorry,you really think hes going to say to McGlynn?

”gaffer if your thinking of giving me any game time could you wait till 2 or 3 minutes from the end so as to give me time to watch the team and work out the playing style”

I think not

He,s a 37 year old highly experienced footballer so dont think it would take much time to figure out how other players play whilst on the pitch.Too much blackboard fitba

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Now go tell me off on the RaithTV feed!

By far the better team here. The diamond whilst defending breaking into 4-3-3 with Bowie joining the attack is working very well, airdrie have no idea how to deal with it. McLean and Baird looks like a partnership already. Missed a few great chances, really need to score again whilst we’re so on top.

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

By far the better team here. The diamond whilst defending breaking into 4-3-3 with Bowie joining the attack is working very well, airdrie have no idea how to deal with it. McLean and Baird looks like a partnership already. Missed a few great chances, really need to score again whilst we’re so on top.

So, if I've heard correctly, we have Hendry as a defensive mid/sweeper in front of the four back, Bowie between Tait and Matthews, and Baird and MacLean up top, with Bowie roving freely forward?

So, if I've heard correctly, we have Hendry as a defensive mid/sweeper in front of the four back, Bowie between Tait and Matthews, and Baird and MacLean up top, with Bowie roving freely forward?

Almost. Bowie is primarily playing off the right, with Tait in the middle. But as Hank says, Bowie is the first to break forward when the opportunity arises.

Airdrie making two changes at half time. Petrie really swung the game doing the same last week, so fingers crossed it's not a repeat. Not sure Nat Wedderburn is the key to quelling our ultra mobile midfield, but I've been wrong before...

27 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Mendy song back and the choir have added a sectarian song to their repertoire. The board need to have another word with these thick c***s and explain what being a decent human being involves.

Maybe you should point this out to someone on the board or Rovers liaison officer. No place for this nonsense at all in our club.