Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

I struggle to see any way we win this game today unless Murray stops tinkering and sticks Roberts back in. I would however like to see McKay and Smith drop out this week as they’ve not played well in weeks now.

Hutton

McDonald - Crighton - Fordyce - McCann

Millar - Roberts - Wedderburn

Thomson - Ryan - Carrick

Any credible title challenge will be gone by 4:45pm if we lose so this is a huge game for us.

Baird off MacLean is a better option than Baird leading the line but I'd want Dingwall in too. Who knows what JMcG will do as a) he could want more tall players in to deal with all the set pieces and throws and b) if MacLean's ready to play it could change a lot about the approach. Quite optimistic about the game for some reason. A win would be golden, but a loss also extra damaging which is probably the mark of a HUGE GAME

Just now, L. Brilliant said:

Baird off MacLean is a better option than Baird leading the line but I'd want Dingwall in too. Who knows what JMcG will do as a) he could want more tall players in to deal with all the set pieces and throws and b) if MacLean's ready to play it could change a lot about the approach. Quite optimistic about the game for some reason. A win would be golden, but a loss also extra damaging which is probably the mark of a HUGE GAME

Nice day for it. Tis good we buzz big game for both.

I strongly suspect McGlynn will stick with the same front four as last week, with Baird up front on his own and Bowie coming off the right.

Personally, I'd prefer a return to the back three and use Miller and MacDonald to provide the width instead, with two strikers. Maybe need to wait for MacLean to get up to speed before we see that.

On 26/01/2020 at 20:16, Chapelhall chap said:

Judging by the amount of time the ball was launched upwards and onwards by us on Saturday but rarely into the box, I think you will be ok. Surely it is time we stopped the Raith effect?

I do look forward to games in general and I might as well be optimistic for this one.  2-1 for the Diamonds.

Well as the fifer chaps are showing us how poor our record is against them of late only one outcome 2 0 Airdrie. 

Big performance needed today, regardless of how the Airdrie fans feel about it with our away form - which has somewhat gotten better this season - anything can happen, stick with the same as last week and tighten up defensively and we can put ourselves into a good position to bring home an important three points.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I strongly suspect McGlynn will stick with the same front four as last week, with Baird up front on his own and Bowie coming off the right.

Personally, I'd prefer a return to the back three and use Miller and MacDonald to provide the width instead, with two strikers. Maybe need to wait for MacLean to get up to speed before we see that.

Not so much...wholesale changes, it seems.

4-3-3? Or 4-3-1-2?