Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

Tomorrow’s lineup will be interesting. Can we play with Baird and Maclean up top? Will Bowie be buzzing after his big move or will he be rested after what must have been a hectic week for him? I’d like to see Maclean and Bowie from the start but think it would be harsh on Baird who’s come onto a game these last few weeks. I’d actually put Baird in for Dingwall in the attacking midfield role.

25 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I’d chuck MacLean in from the start, give him an hour, and then Baird in for the winner...

What?  You don't think MacLean will have us out of sight by then?

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,d expect a scottish premiership player to walk into a 3rd tier team 

I’d expect him to ask JMcG to use him in the last few minutes, if at all, so he can watch play and try to figure out how to work with the other players. With effectively no practice time with the team, starting would be reckless. However, for a player that experienced, he would probably easily be able to slide into the team at 60-75 minutes and work effectively. Even then, the passing and anticipation would not be there.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’d expect him to ask JMcG to use him in the last few minutes, if at all, so he can watch play and try to figure out how to work with the other players. With effectively no practice time with the team, starting would be reckless. However, for a player that experienced, he would probably easily be able to slide into the team at 60-75 minutes and work effectively. Even then, the passing and anticipation would not be there.

Sorry,you really think hes going to say to McGlynn?

”gaffer if your thinking of giving me any game time could you wait till 2 or 3 minutes from the end so as to give me time to watch the team and work out the playing style”

I think not

He,s a 37 year old highly experienced footballer so dont think it would take much time to figure out how other players play whilst on the pitch.Too much blackboard fitba

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sorry,you really think hes going to say to McGlynn?

”gaffer if your thinking of giving me any game time could you wait till 2 or 3 minutes from the end so as to give me time to watch the team and work out the playing style”

I think not

He,s a 37 year old highly experienced footballer so dont think it would take much time to figure out how other players play whilst on the pitch.Too much blackboard fitba

Actually, I think as an experienced forward, when JMcG talked to him about his ability to play and any concerns, he will have said that he isn’t really ready for the first game...but that he might be useful in the latter stages. He’s surely done his research on us and knows that our current team is showing some life in goal scoring, and won’t be in any rush to barge in and disrupt any chemistry. Because he’s the wily veteran, he won’t expect to play first thing, but will understand that working in practice will greatly enhance his worth to the team.

As I’ve already suggested, if he was on five yellows, I’d expect him to draw a yellow quickly before a game versus someone like Stranraer, to clear the boards. With only four yellows now, that’s out of play, so there’s less need for him to debut tomorrow.

Now, where did I put that chalk?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Actually, I think as an experienced forward, when JMcG talked to him about his ability to play and any concerns, he will have said that he isn’t really ready for the first game...but that he might be useful in the latter stages. He’s surely done his research on us and knows that our current team is showing some life in goal scoring, and won’t be in any rush to barge in and disrupt any chemistry. Because he’s the wily veteran, he won’t expect to play first thing, but will understand that working in practice will greatly enhance his worth to the team.

As I’ve already suggested, if he was on five yellows, I’d expect him to draw a yellow quickly before a game versus someone like Stranraer, to clear the boards. With only four yellows now, that’s out of play, so there’s less need for him to debut tomorrow.

Now, where did I put that chalk?

No doubt your team will pick up a few more yellows tomorrow. You lot have a nice journey and have a nice day in Airdrie and if our Manager stops pissing around and plays our best team and system should be a good game and hoping for goals and a 3 2 win for the diamonds... 

38 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

4-0 Airdrie Wedderburn getting 4

Nate’s only getting fore if he hits the links.

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

No doubt your team will pick up a few more yellows tomorrow. You lot have a nice journey and have a nice day in Airdrie and if our Manager stops pissing around and plays our best team and system should be a good game and hoping for goals and a 3 2 win for the diamonds... 

Given the official is highly fond of yellows, I’m predicting about 5 or 6, evenly spread.