Airdrieonians v Raith Rovers

Cant beat a bit of banter... within reason ... be so much duller if we all agreed with each other. And its gratifying to hear that fans from all other clubs have enjoyed the shared knowledge of the Airdrie fans lol. 

I’ll be honest with you, Airdrie fans have been the best thing on here. And hopefully and this is a big IF we go up I’d love it Airdrie do it too

47 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Still a long way to go and the pessimist in me still thinks finishing second is more likely than winning the league, but my belief is definitely growing. Next week is a big test. We have developed a habit of going down to Stranraer and dropping points. Hopefully this new Rovers can change that. 

We've already been beaten down there this season so that's your last sentence answered. 

The one place I'm least confident of getting a result is always Stranraer 

We've already been beaten down there this season so that's your last sentence answered. 
The one place I'm least confident of getting a result is always Stranraer 

You will win comfortably IMO

I really hope Raith can beat Falkirk to the league. I have this feeling that for as long as Raith are in the league we will always finish below them. Our record against them is pathetic.

No harm to Raith, but I am so bored of meekly losing to them and it seems the only way this pattern will break is if they win the league. 4 1-0 defeats in a row. Last season we lost 3 and drew 1. Season before lost 3 drew 1.

I've said in the past that's it's a mentality thing, especially away from home. It may be a bit of that, but to be honest I am probably flattering ourselves with that, we just aren't as good ability wise. On paper you'd think if either Falkirk or Raith stayed down then Falkirk would be a stronger force next season but I don't really care, if Raith could kindly win the league that would be grand.

18 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I really hope Raith can beat Falkirk to the league. I have this feeling that for as long as Raith are in the league we will always finish below them. Our record against them is pathetic.

No harm to Raith, but I am so bored of meekly losing to them and it seems the only way this pattern will break is if they win the league. 4 1-0 defeats in a row. Last season we lost 3 and drew 1. Season before lost 3 drew 1.

I've said in the past that's it's a mentality thing, especially away from home. It may be a bit of that, but to be honest I am probably flattering ourselves with that, we just aren't as good ability wise. On paper you'd think if either Falkirk or Raith stayed down then Falkirk would be a stronger force next season but I don't really care, if Raith could kindly win the league that would be grand.

I think you make many good points . In the first game this season Raith were bang average but we had no idea what to do. In the second game Raith had 10 men( I discount the last minute 9 versus 10) and we did not know what to do. Yesterday they were much better for 30 minutes and after that we still did not know what to do-----apart that is from pumping the ball into the box at a great height ,hoping scraps could be poked away. Given who might be in the Championship bottom two and Falkirk beating Arbroath eventually, I would expect some interesting end of season battles. 

If we win it can you come up with us then? Quite surprised at how poor Airdrie record is against us as there can’t be much between the clubs budget wise, I guess we have a slight edge in crowds but not significantly. Thought you guys were very mediocre yesterday probably killed by the early goal but the previous two meeting there wasn’t much between the teams.

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If we win it can you come up with us then? Quite surprised at how poor Airdrie record is against us as there can’t be much between the clubs budget wise, I guess we have a slight edge in crowds but not significantly. Thought you guys were very mediocre yesterday probably killed by the early goal but the previous two meeting there wasn’t much between the teams.

I was saying at the game yesterday that the last win against Raith I can remember was play off game years ago. We have a dreadful record against you. 

23 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

That's very kind of you to say that I thought we were pish and have been for weeks. Your point about the budget is fair sadly we have a large squad even if a lot of young players it will still be costing a fair amount. At the moment we lack leadership both on the park and from the mangers strategic master plan.

Edited by Eric the half a b

15 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Still a long way to go and the pessimist in me still thinks finishing second is more likely than winning the league, but my belief is definitely growing. Next week is a big test. We have developed a habit of going down to Stranraer and dropping points. Hopefully this new Rovers can change that. 

Don't get me wrong, if we lose the lead I don't think we will get it back. Can't see Falkirk doing what ourselves and Ayr did. 

There is something different about our side than in recent seasons. More in the manner of how we are winning than anything else. Our goal came from winning an attacking header, and winning a 50-50.  Then the movement up front was quality with Baird and MacLean dragging defenders around for Matthews to finish the move. Little things that we just haven't seen for a good while. 

It could all come crashing down on Sat :lol:

On 02/02/2020 at 13:58, Diamonds are Forever said:

In football these things are normally cyclical. It’s more easily seen in American football because of the lack of relegation., teams wax and wan, some more than others, but almost every dog has its day. If we hang around long enough, it would likely flip, but the fine margins for relegation/promotion make it likely both sides won’t hang around long enough to see it. With 20-40% of the league flipping every year...

Edited by TxRover

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don't get me wrong, if we lose the lead I don't think we will get it back. Can't see Falkirk doing what ourselves and Ayr did. 

There is something different about our side than in recent seasons. More in the manner of how we are winning than anything else. Our goal came from winning an attacking header, and winning a 50-50.  Then the movement up front was quality with Baird and MacLean dragging defenders around for Matthews to finish the move. Little things that we just haven't seen for a good while. 

It could all come crashing down on Sat :lol:

We’re a joy to watch compared with recent season and no prima donnas in the team so easy to love this team.

Its that typical Rovers cocktail of hope and dread though as you say